Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hi my name is kiddynamite and my house uses romex instead of extension cords, im a fancy man. as an authoritarian, i keep my natural gas in the pipes instead of letting it be free like it deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hey look at me im a new yorker, if i need to hang something up i'll just install a tasteful hook or shelf instead of hammering a screw into a stud or maybe some nice strong drywall

yes i said hammering a screw, you heard me right

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

gently caress yeah rotor gets it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i don't hate hbag. they annoy me sometimes but overall i am glad that they are in the pos. they seem to have a good heart which is what really matters.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

yeah def prefer this to an older house. sincerely.

it still sucks to have:
1999 hvac unit that i hope does not give up the ghost during the summer but my father in law keeps it at 68 all summer long sooooo(our hvac unit got replaced right before we bought the house)
1999 roof that will need replacing SOON
1999 siding that has a fun bulge on the left side of the house
1999 concrete stairs and porch that are deteriorating due to said lintel rust
1999 pella windows that were not maintained and thus are drafty as poo poo and the wood is hella warpped so some of them don't close properly also almost every window is missing the screen windows.
1999 outlets and switches(def should have had these all replaced before we moved in and had the place painted)

that's the major stuff. i don't think we have a list for all the minor stuff.

oof, roof replacements are the worst. we had ours replaced when we moved in. it cost a lot (and they only knocked 5k off the asking price 'cause of it). we also had AC installed before we actually moved in, and the ducts replaced, so that's new. just had new insulation put in the attic.

today the plumber is coming over to fix a leak in the wastewater drain. that's gonna put a big hole in the stucco that'll need to be patched.

our next Big Job is to have everything painted. but that also includes replacing a bunch of fascia, patching stucco, and getting new gutters (and for-the-first-time gutters in places) so it's a lot bigger than _just_ painting. luckily google stock is in the toilet so the prices just effectively went up by 50%! Awesome!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eww you probably dont even know that fall is the best season

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

is it normal for company-shutdown days (like 2 days around xmas, that kind of thing) to be taken from pto accrual

no that's hosed up

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

kd it's almost midnight man, this sounds like it sucks real bad and you should take a break

if i were in your shoes i would absolutely not be able to take a break either, but i'd regret it in the morning

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

CPColin posted:

I remember when Google added "does everybody loving hate your site" to its algorithm and Experts Exchange lost like 80% of its search engine traffic lol

lmao

they must have taken this out given that 80% of searches i make return content-farm articles

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

good results mean you don't click on advertisements

i dont understand what youre trying to say

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think people shouldn't do murders

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ait's posting in yospos is hostile but generally ok. his posting elsewhere is toxic. people will do what the community encourages/allows, and i'm glad that yospos generally takes a hard line against that word, telling people to kill themselves, etc.

thanks for yospostin with me yospals. i think im gonna hike a new trail at the nature preserve today

i say this as someone who sometimes struggles with removing that word from my vocabulary. i'm glad to be part of a community that requires me to be better, not worse, than i might be if left to my own devices

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

crying is one of the most cathartic things you can experience imo

just poop op

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lifting weights does not burn an appreciable amount of calories

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

this just isn’t true

are you trying to "well actually" about people who spend hours a day in the gym, instead of the actual context of the discussion, which is someone who has never lifted at all?

oh you are, that's cool

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ok dude have fun with that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

wtf artichokes are pretty, look what happened to my side yard

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i fuckin hate burr clover. i just spent a half hour pulling out burr clover from the back yard and foxtails from the front. our neighbors entire side yard is foxtails and they blow onto our front yard. at least it's easy to pull out cause there's not many places it can take root in the front since it's xeriscaped

also went to REI and got some new hiking boots. little jones was gonna get a pair too but 1) they were out of his size and 2) the dude that was helping us was like "just get him something from big 5 or whatever, kids just need some traction and for it not to fall apart." so that's cool

time to spend the rest of the day doing nothing of note. just gonna play with the kiddo and mess with my radios

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im wearing pj shorts, a t-shirt, a hoodie, and flip flops chillin in the hammock

livin my best suburban dad life

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

none of these words made sense in this sentence

"liquid hbag" is presumably a reference to "liquid snake" which is a thing in metal gear solid games. l'enfants terribles i think are the bad guys or something in that. one of them had a british accent, i guess, and it wasn't liquid snake. idk i havent played any of them

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

wh

am i being loving duped
is there some online "make your own incredibly convincing mural" site
is hbag a common name

i mean, it's really easy to see where someone who likes bags of heroin might get "hbag" for a tag. most any 3/4 letter tag has been put up at some point, you're just lucky that the person or people who are using yours are pretty good at what they do

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have travel to the bay area in june for a couple summits. one for my team, one for my overall org, in the same week

well that's the last week of little jones's kindergarten, which sucks but ok i can handle that. but yesterday i found out there's a kindergarten celebration thing they're putting on, so i canceled my trip and re-booked to leave afterwards so i can see it. i figured, like, in ten years there's a real good chance i'll be like "gently caress i wish i had seen his kindergarten celebration" but unless i get fired for it, there's zero chance i'll regret missing a day of a work summit

anyway, i was kind of freaking out because the trip i canceled was marked non-refundable, and meant basically not going to one day of my team summit and doing the other day remotely. and i just kind of stomped all over the schedule they set and. i told my boss and she goes "cool, family stuff >>> work stuff, if you can't come at all that's fine too. besides it might get canceled cause of covid anyway"

cjs: i like my boss

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

I've never thought about doing that because my parents don't have an extra house of money to give me

i mean ive thought about it, in the same way ive thought about how it'd be cool to find a briefcase full of hundreds in the woods

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

little jones is at school so i was able to see what poodle jones thinks of the boy's rc car (if i played with it indoors while LJ was home he'd want to do that _all the time_)

he is _terrified_ of it lol. poor pup

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

current dog status: about to take her on a walk

post dogpics

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

id pet that dog with one hand and eat double stuff oreos with the other

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we went to the ice cream place today after little jones got his booster, but they were closed because the door was broken. so we went to mcdonalds and got flurries. i got the chocolate pretzel one, it was good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ok im like 99% sure that the mcflurry that i had earlier was not dairy free

it is not going to be a great 24 hours

wtf mcdonalds, i thought dairy free soft serve was your thing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

this hasnt been true since the 90s lmao

well son of a butt

qurantinethepast: lactose intolerance

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

my favorite thing about tech work is the big fat paychecks. My second favorite thing is the big fat benefits. My third favorite thing is the cushy working environment. Thanks for reading my post

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

dioxazine posted:

can confirm: i was into slackware as a teen

lmao :same:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

yes but IM young and impressionable and it takes like five minutes of research to figure out that its all-round just loving terrible

they are shsc posters, you are a yosposter

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

c pj s:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao askin me to _read_ poo poo what does this look like a library?

it's called shitPOSTING not shitREADING buddy

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sets of 12 unweighted squats is fine. let them do their thing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jonnys fallin into a kpop hole

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

:yeah:

kpop is just pop where i dont understand the lyrics. which is oftentimes an improvement, but not enough of one

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Still stoked about seeing a Heilung show in a few months.

hell yes. can you recommend similar stuff to heilung? i like them a lot but im afraid to venture out bc while THEY do a good job of making sure their pagan thing is inclusive and doesnt turn into a racist shithole, i dont trust myself to successfully detect lovely white supremacist nonsense in other bands that have similar sounds/aesthetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

popular music peaked with pop-punk.

i hate to say it but now we have to fight now. we can still be pals tho