Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cjs: oh neat apple cancelled my interview because the req got moved to another manager. weird to not just have me interview with that manager no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

c house s: if you have a 5ft shelf is it better to have brackets at 16-32-48 and on studs rather than at 3-30-57 and only the middle bracket on a stud?

i guess the ends of the shelves will be compromised with the first config. but i don't feel great about only one bracket on a stud in the second.

love to have studs at 11 1/4"- 19 1/4" - 35 1/4"

carpentry is my passion.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

it's bullshit i have to work today

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

wife brought home breakfast. disco eggs. fries, gravy, mozz, two fired eggs.

i loving love jersey diner food. as a treat. can't eat this poo poo on the regular

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i don't like structured naps. i like when they're a fun surprise while watching tv. especially the itchy eye sleepy feeling where you know if you close your eyes it's z town that i don't get at night.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

im an early bird. getting in the gym before 6am gives me happy brain

:yeah:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

fins posted:

cjs: multinational org i got roped into helping is getting pushed towards salesforce for a member services app. trying to convince the people on top to run the hell away. may end up in a real life :toxx: to get myself out of that

good luck. convincing people to run the hell away from salesforce seems impossible.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

got some weird security error when trying to push to github. that's a monday problem.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mystes posted:

they changed their ssh key

aka weird error that has stopped me from working today.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

CPColin posted:

More like shh key because you don't say anything about it until Monday

colin gets it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

woke up and all my joints hurt so i took the day off. feeling like maybe i shouldn't have because now i'm reflecting on life and getting all sad brained.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

fart simpson posted:

a local microbrewery is putting out a coupon next week. all you can drink for 5 hours, no limit on the beer selection. $11

how much is a beer normally?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

garlic is so good. whoever dug that stinky poo poo up and decided to mash it up and eat it is a genius

quotin from pages ago to nod at this excellent post. i loving love garlic. i should cook more so i can buy one of the giant peeled garlic containers at the asian grocery stores and not have it go bad on me.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

lol didnt know theres a secret new goose emoji 🪿

there is also this i guess? 🫨

didn't update macos can't see new emoji

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

https://kith.com/products/oky302-kith-lt

if for some reason someone in yospos wanted a hypebeast kayak

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

so uh do a lot of people just die while skiing/snowboarding?

i want to learn to ski eventually, but i will stick to the bunny slopes and parks forever if more advanced stuff involves the risk of buried alive suffocating death.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

another rejection. another always the bridesmaid never the bride situation according to the recruiter.

idk what signal i'm not giving compared to the other guys but having this exact situation happen after several on-sites sucks.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

dioxazine posted:

i'm thinking capitalism is bad

who can really say?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

I soft reset to head and add a new commit that is just the title of the ticket because nobody needs to know that I banged all this out in a sixteen hour executive function bonanza two weeks ago and haven't done anything since

this is the way

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

it's still acceptable, friend, as long as your genitals are appropriately large, or dense, or otherwise of a pleasing shape

yeah i carry a purse because idgaf.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

lowriders are cool but stancing is not cool. it's a subtle line

i personally believe stancing is stupid as gently caress but let people enjoy things. they know they're not trying to go fast or bounce high or accomplish anything. they want to scrape a piece of paper of the ground. let em.

honestly they're not the one's crashing after the car meet.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

paying money so my car looks worse and performs worse!

KidDynamite posted:

honestly they're not the one's crashing after the car meet.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

stance is the dumbest car scene and i will die on this hill. at least the guy with the lifted brodozer can take it off road (even though he doesn't)

you picked out a worse car scene but are letting hate blind you.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i get a new cpap machine today so it's a small victory for a monday.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i got tickets for the baby metal and dethklok tour. i hope it's rad.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cjs: "team please join us for an important town call at 4:15" sent at 3:39 by the CEO

:smith:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

chat's disabled and you can't see the participants. not looking good.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

we got sold. bought buy two companies. ip to one, operations to another. some folks will receive offers some won't. i gotta wait until 4:30 or 5 to find out if i get hosed.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

5 o'clock doom time

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i get an offer, but if i don't accept it i don't get severance.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i'm getting laid off in a couple of months. for sure. lol.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

is it a step up from what you already have?

don't know yet. offer comes in tomorrow. according to hr drone they have agreed to match base pay.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

oh sweet i lose 66k in rsu's

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

still no offer from acquiring company. people are talking about trying to stonewall signing to get some guarantees around length of employment.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

talking about myself buying tickets to see japanese teenagers sing heavy metal about chocolate

and cartoons singing about mermaid murder

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

they offered my salary and 13k sign on bonus payable in 30 days. nice try fuckers.

edit:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the sign on bonus has a repayment clause. gently caress this.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

bet its a year and no, cuz clawbacks have bog standard terms

ding ding ding.

a bunch of people want to try and organize and make demands. which is why i'm assuming they gave a tuesday deadline make it really hard to get people on the same page. luckily the poo poo offers is making that easier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i know it's standard for a job offer. you have to modify that poo poo to garner some loyalty from the new employees you just bought. as of right now everyone i've talked to is just interviewing and plans to gtfo asap and not give notice.