Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lol i looked with zero context because i hadn't scrolled up to read what they were talking about. that was definitely something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

for some reason it’s not letting me scroll, but based on this I’m probably better off being ignorant and thinking they’re flying cool buzz light year kites

its a lot of sand in a place it shouldn't be.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

quarantinethepast posted:

Maybe I should move into a truck like that one Google guy so I can afford a house in my mid 30s

the trick is to work next to a theme park, buy an annual pass, and eat twice a day there for $150/yr for three years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Share Bear posted:

did the theme park have good food or was it like nonstop hotdogs and wings

at first it was nothing but cheapshit burgers, iirc, but since he was there so much he worked with them on expanding their menu.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

paging j290

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

While helping my mother sort through decades' worth of accumulated junk, we found this thing, an Eico 3070 solid-state amplifier:

Is it worth trying to clean up and sell this? I can see similar devices on eBay listing for hundreds of dollars, but I have no idea if they're getting any takers, let alone how much work it is to e.g. verify the thing works properly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hbag posted:

what if i want to move the fat elsewhere

bodies do not work that way.

the trick to losing fat is calories out > calories in. the easiest way to do this is by increasing the first half of the inequality by lifting a weight and raising your heartrate for a while. build some muscle by working out. you'll look better and feel better plus you get the added bonus of an increased natural caloric burn rate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hbag posted:

ok but what if i want to move the fat elsewhere

not possible. you cannot relocate fat other than via surgical means. if you want some cake, do some squats. that's how you earn the thiccness.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

you are also quite literally at the absolute best time in your life to work out. right now is your peak opportunity. start lifting weights, doing cardio, and eating a lot. you'll gain weight in very good ways while losing fat in the places you want to lose it. by working out now and building a good foundation, you set yourself up for a much happier aging process as your desiccated husk begins to wither and deteriorate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hbag posted:

honestly i just want a flat stomach and nice rear end so squats it is

yeah squats will get you there. squats are one of the best things you can do in life.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

king poo poo.

see also that guy that sues every place he works for either osha or eo violations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fart simpson posted:

as a product manager, scope creep gives me the warm happy feelings

mission creep was one of my favorite venture bros puns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i’ve made a point to write my code in one class this semester really clean and well commented because i might have to turn it in along with all my code from another class to get a certification, so people will actually look at it. my other code, lol….lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i have some yellow and black wasp of some sort and a tiny lil nest behind my security camera on my porch. they don’t gently caress with me or my doggo, so i don’t gently caress with them. this armistice will end if any of that happens, but these dudes don’t seem aggressive.

i also have a growing golden orb weaver on the side of my porch and i can’t wait til she’s got a legspan of a few inches.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i have similar small wasp things on my porch ever year. they never get larger than 5-10 little cells, and they don't bother me or my animals. they're just paper wasps and aren't really prone to attacking people or animals. if these were yellow jackets they would be long gone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Hbag was like 8 years old when that ad aired.

that slogan is a lot older than the opera commercial. jg wentworth has had ads on tv since the early 90s many of which had that phrase.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the best fridge story is how a dent in a basement freezer led to tori owning a home.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the garbage disposal removal was retaliation for tori rightfully complaining that the landlord’s people dented his basement fridge or freezer. the landlord spitefully removed the garbage disposal which triggered the lawsuit where tori was give a down payment for his house in settlement after the jackass landlord showed up pro se to small claims court. the judge called him a stupid rear end in a top hat as he claimed to be unemployed (yet owned 75 homes) and awarded judgment to tori which was appealed and then settled.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

you shouldn't poison your body with alcohol. that shits bad for you.

now excuse me while i take a giant bong rip.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

reminds me of the deep and homelander’s dinner with his pal timothy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

here’s how you eat healthier: eat mostly fresh plants you cook yourself. you want plenty of leafy greens and a good mix of everything. don’t just get a ton of fruit.

go to the store and buy fresh produce. cook said food. eat the food. you can bulk prep the stuff you have to cook and set it up so you have a week’s worth of meals at once.

an example i like: roast some carrots in the oven at 400F for 15-20 minutes then toss some in some asparagus on the same pan for another 15-20 minutes til they’re crispy. you can do two full cookie sheets of veggies. that will get you sides for 4-5 meals.

you can prep all sorts of things in similar fashion. also significant amount of the cooking time is literally just time in the oven or whatnot so you can pretty easily do other things while stuff is cooking.

cut back on things with added sugars (basically anything prepackaged) and heavy carbs unless you’re doing things to burn off those extra calories.

for meat, getting fattier cuts of meat (chicken thighs vs breast) is ok because that’s where the flavor is, but you should generally stick with unprocessed stuff when possible. try to not just deep fry everything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kenny Logins posted:

cool food hack: grocery store rotisserie chicken will save a lot of time at a fair price and you can make tons of relatively healthy/wholesome stuff with it for a few days after. if you pull/shred the meat it freezes well and is great for soups, quesadillas, pastas, etc

yup. this is a really good tip, as well.

really you just want fresh cooked stuff as much as possible and avoid heavily fried stuff with a bunch of added sugars/carbs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

PokeJoe posted:

just tightly control your diet, exercise daily, and eat stimulants for breakfast and cigarettes for lunch. Losing weight is easy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

dioxazine posted:

sleeping nine hours a night is a non-starter

that's what you found objectionable about the plan?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fart simpson posted:

hi a dumb piece of poo poo who can't figure out how to modify it very slightly to fit my needs or work with my poo poo, despite the concept being explained multiple times, im hdad

i lolled

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

graph posted:

i havent seen this one but holy :lol:

daniel negreanu is incredible. i used to watch a lot of poker on tv, and he really does that poo poo all the time. jon didn't have to work hard to find video of him calling people's cards.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

graph posted:

the timestamped segment was this guy knocking out hellmuth in the first hand lol and him crying about it

that's gus hansen. the negreanu segment is earlier in the video. the whole video is worth a watch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zamujasa posted:

pretty much anything jon bois puts out is worth a watch

yup. dude does amazing stuff with google earth and excel.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

graph are you watching fights?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HastyFreeHoneycreeper-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FarSeriousKid-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeterminedSoftJanenschia-mobile.mp4

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 16, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

we've been trying!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

with my va healthcare, the biggest issue i have is when i actually need to see my pcm in particular, i'm usually scheduled 2-3 months out and then standing by for a cancellation. i don't have to wait for labs/scans, though. got an x-ray on my hip within like a day of asking for it. nasty bone spur on there causing me some gruff.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hbag posted:

please loving help i can't live like this

oh, you're hot.

drink lots of water and make sure you're getting electrolytes. fans need to be on and blowing at you. if the humidity is low, go outside with a water hose, rig it so that it's spraying a mist, and chill in the mist.

ice pack on the forehead is pretty good, too. you could fill the bath tub with ice and take an ice bath.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

you're literally sitting in a sweatbox with heat machines running in the room. you need to be outside. you need water. you need salts as well.

also do you not have a freezer? how do you not have ice on hand?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

you never replied re: ice or a freezer in your house. use ice packs to help stay cool! when they warm up, toss em back in the freezer for a bit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hbag posted:

i have been they help for like 2 minutes

keep eating them until you have room to freeze some sealable bags full of water. then you have ice packs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the heat isn't going to stop so you can't stop your cooling activities. if eating popsicles is the only thing that helps, then eat a popsicle every two minutes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

not even joking - if you really need to cool off rapidly (as in you're suffering from a heat injury), a popsicle up the bum can solve a lot of problems.

there have seriously been studies of basically using frozen dildos on rats to treat heat exhaustion and it works extremely well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the whole “our buildings retain heat” thing is silly and implies american homes aren’t likewise insulated. it gets much loving colder in a lot of the usa than it ever does on terf island. homes in the states are also built to maintain heat.

the issue is they’re not set up to provide any cooling, not that houses are insulated.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

saw this just now in the weather thread and thought it was relevant to the current discussion.

https://twitter.com/Lidotajs/status/1549439524354269186

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hmm i wonder what could have happened to make all the meteorologists fatalistic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

someone somewhere one time put my phone number by mistake as their number for their walmart grocery pickup. every single time they place an order, i get text alerts about their substitutions and everything. i've asked walmart to remove my phone number from their system. my only option, they said, is to block the number.