Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cjs: not at it but also I’m finishing the apartment move ughh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cjs:

ticket: crash occurred at 01:04:52.4
logs:
code:
 33, 310,  b, 1, 0, 0, 1, 8, 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 62, , 01:04:51.927 05-18-2022
 23, 321,  6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 8, d2 08 c0 6c 90 00 00 00, , 01:04:52.724 05-18-2022
gonna be one of those days :cry:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 19, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm beginning to feel like "targeted" is a misnomer nowadays

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

how in the gently caress is it 3p already

conversely, how the gently caress is it only 12:30 i want this day over already

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cjs: used delete this; in c++ code to fix a bug

not sure if i should be proud of the solution, ashamed of the smell, or suspicious that it worked

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

easy, you're putting your thumb on the scale

:tizzy:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is it normal for company-shutdown days (like 2 days around xmas, that kind of thing) to be taken from pto accrual

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

If you're out of days do you have to work Christmas?

afaict depending on unspecified circumstances we either go negative, draw from a different pool of hours (military pay/voting days/??? i guess???), or go unpaid

there's a chance i'm misinterpreting the language in the policy doc so i'm checking with HR - i'm gonna be capital A Annoyed if i'm getting snubbed for like 25% of my annual PTO, i know that much

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 26, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm gonna be mad at me if hours have been vanishing from my balance these 3 years and i failed to notice

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yup the policy loving sucks, hr confirms that 25% of my pto accrual's spent on those shutdown days

this actually double-sucks because i was hoping to put off the job change thing at least until i know better how the gently caress i'm gonna handle The Transgender Thing with respect to presentation

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 26, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oog now i'm mad at myself for not noticing these past 3 years, even though i know drat well i'm not the bad actor here

stuipid loving brainworms i hate you so much

but, it appears my team lead had no idea about this either, and is "formulating a response", so there's maybe hope yet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

if absolutely nothing else i now need to figure out how the gently caress to prepare for interviews at my experience level and with thinking under stress being a severe problem [the stress does not & will not go away with interview practice]

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dioxazine posted:

your worksona wants to 996 and hates breaks during interviews. you touch fish after you're hired

what in the sam hell is this sentence

(e) no really what the gently caress is 996 and touching fish supposed to loving mean

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 26, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

if nothing else these findings are the only excuse i need to gently caress off & get high instead of working at all today or tomorrow

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Fool posted:

touching fish is slacking off

i think 996 is 9am to 9pm 6 days/week

its like you don't even read the thread man

i don't keep up religiously anymore, no, what of it

but thank you for clarifying

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

is his response also a resignation letter

i imagine i'll find out before long :v: he's certainly unhappy about it too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cjs: do Zoom notifications just not work sometimes for anyone else? i keep seeing the (1) on the taskbar or on the phone but not hearing anything even though it's all on and volume's up

keep having to play zoom tag with people to get them on a call because of this and i'm not the only one getting annoyed lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

feelin real discouraged and exhausted this morning, and the weekend just ended

cool :sigh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

you know it's gonna be a grim day when you've been up one hour and are already completely fed up with yourself (and work, too)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i always just give up a week into any attempt to consistently exercise

i can't find the energy or will to even try anymore, knowing this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

can barely breathe after five minutes on an e-bike, muscles weak & getting weaker, me making excuses and/or feeling morose instead of doing something about it, can't hold myself accountable despite knowing drat well it's up to me...

yeah that's me to a t, sure enough

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 31, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Share Bear posted:

ok then you're starting too hard (relatively) i think, try walking a lot more as a beginning thing if you can, do the 7 minute routine once a day at home until you can do it without getting winded, then do it twice

see if a friend or family member would be willing to be a coach or at least an alarm clock to yell at you to do the small things

it's small, progressive things that work, and small incremental goals, not like super maxing lifts or crossfit or whatever the big health woo cult want you to think
too much, hell, whenever i try i feel like i'm not doing even remotely enough to make any differenec

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

im such a lazy little turd

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

... i'm sorry, i know youre all just trying to help and i'm being an exasperating rear end in a top hat about it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

as much as i bitch about our jenkins setup - and there's a lot to bitch about, considering i had a hand in it :negative: - i'm glad that it's at least documented and doesn't have any outside unversioned script bullshit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the entire dev team using it is about 12 people and my partner in crime continues to insist maintaining it won't be a full-time job once it's all locked down

i have my doubts that that's even possible, and even if it was i still think it would eat a ton of time

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i think my cringe gland would kill me in self-defense watching that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

there was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lord fifth posted:

every day i thank lord jesus that i started reading this forum while my computer mind was still impressionable and not, like, hn or something

:same:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shaggar posted:

nned more and faster trains, imo

i wish

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cjs: it's friday and i'm workin like a chump when my boss has, according to zoom status, totally hosed off

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also i've said y'all for decades but i don't put a drawl on it. dunno where the hell i picked that up, i've only lived in las vegas & near denver

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

you should also embrace fuckoff friday

agreed, at least once i pin down root cause on this bug (i refuse to stop mid-hunt lol)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cjs: me saying in email "hey, that package that <ancient build system> just produced and sent an email about is DOA, don't use it" like six times in a row to like 60 people because <ancient build system> is an unconfigurable fickle piece of poo poo

stupid devtestprod systems, at least on Jenkins i can loving click a Cancel button

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yes, good good cats

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cjs: coming to the realization that being helpful and answering people's direct questions instead of saying "ask <manager>" is not, in fact, a good idea. no reward save keeping self-esteem issues and imposter syndrome at bay a little longer, and it just means ever more questions & work later

stupid loving brainworms, let me value myself & my time more than others' for once! doing this to myself despite efforts is so frustratingly stupid!!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 14, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

do i gotta post the avocado joke

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hbag posted:

at an indie dev meetup thing and hdad told one of his past clients that i have seen his code

the poor fucker goes "HE'S SEEN MY CODE?" in the most distraught voice ever

tbf i'd die of shame too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

rotor posted:

"you know how your dad would be under the sink trying to fix a leak and its really tight in there and he's swearin a lot and hollerin at you to give him a wrench? yeah thats what my code is like."

most accurate depiction of software development i've ever read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005