Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

yeah :shrug:

i'm thinking about taking a long weekend and driving up to maine -- if there are beaches i can get to, they'll probably be empty, because the water is cold

(the beaches up there are made of sharp rocks, anyway, so i should be able to walk around a little)

if its nice out people are at the beach even if they arent swimming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1527463242813132811

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1527862026197942273

mcdavid is ridiculous

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

hdad hates python and says it's "not a real programming language" lmao

hdad front runner for dad of the year award, imo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
nned more and faster trains, imo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

bump_fn posted:

they said trains not buses

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
allowing employees to select goog seems like a good way to let bad hires self report

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1533999730035916802

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

in fact she was not convicted of any financial crime, but of lying to police and obstructing an investigation

i feel like if the police can lie and obstruct investigations, then citizens should be able to do the same

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

nudgenudgetilt posted:

cjs: might have massively hosed up.

requested a thinkpad instead of a macbook at the new gig, and am learning the day before I start that linux workstations might be verboten. apparently all PCs must run windows and be managed workstations, but had I gotten a mac I'd have been allowed to run it unmanaged.

thats cause nothing of value happens on a mac

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

graph posted:

er not llbean, lands end

i'll allow it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
Peggle extreme came w/ the orange box but was removed from everyones libraries for some reason. However, its back on steam and you can get it here for free: https://store.steampowered.com/app/3483/Peggle_Extreme/

if you had peggle deluxe in ur steam it may have been nuked when EA took all their games off steam, but now they're all back.

Also you get peggle deluxe and peggle nights for free with xbox game pass.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cjs: we get a bunch of cash for wfh crap should i get a good mic or is the MBP mic fin

i have a jabra 510 speakerphone and its very good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

oh and hopefully this is implied by the 18+ in his name but don't look at his other tweets probably

it doesnt say 18+ it says no 18. so basically everyone but 18 year olds i guess. kinda wierd.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
five guys burgers are mediocre and their fries are trash

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
"fresh cut fries" is the biggest scam

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

five guys fries loving own you're all insane

they're soggy and gross which probably is great by UK standards

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

DELETE CASCADE posted:

a good onion ring is really really hard to make, way harder than a good french fry. also in-n-out fries are literally the worst, i'd rather have oven fries out of a frozen bag from the grocery store

good onion rings, like good french fries, must be frozen at some point and benefit greatly from the consistency and throughput of factory cooking processes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

if your fries are getting soggy and gross youre leaving them in the foam cup for too long

they come soggy out of the fryer cause fresh cut fries are trash

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
the best cajun style seasoning for fries is Chef Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeeeeep

i went in once, last fall when covid was lullin', waited 45 minutes for like 30 ppl to get through self checkout

went back to instacart.

I'm so glad I don't live in the midwest

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

So is the midwest

im cool w/ that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Corla Plankun posted:

i just listened to a podcast that interviewed a sleepologist and he said 68 degrees is the good sleep temperature

i believe the clinical term for this is "duh"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

I know i am old, because the overuse and dilution of 'partner' grates on me a little bit. its so clinical and loveless and transactional esp when its like boring portland straights using it. but like i said, i am old and out of touch and will die soon so whatever

same but also because to me it seems like partner in the romantic sense became popular as a way to demur from using girlfriend/boyfriend around homophobes or on 90s/00s sitcoms.

every time someone uses it i hear "ADVERTISER FRIENDLY CORPORATE APPROVED ROMANTIC INDIVIDUAL". but thats just me, use whatever you want.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

CPColin posted:

I've been `renting lots of movies these days

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
on the other hand winters are shorter and milder, so maybe climate change is good??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
thats ok, i dont live in colorado

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

no you dont and/or you live somewhere that already has mild winters

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

still loling that americans didn't figure out electric kettles until like last week

we dont drink hot tea cause it sucks so we dont need electric kettles.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

i ate a bag of imported US flamin hot cheetos once and it tasted like they dumped a gallon of kerosene in the flavor mix

and i dont mean they were spicy

flamin hot cheetos are overrated. jalapeņo cheddar cheetos are way way better

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

sounds like you should just upgrade your os/browser to a good one like windows/edge

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
sardines are delicious and i have a few tins. i might eat one today

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Zamujasa posted:

https://twitter.com/xkeepah/status/1549087836715962369

no brand on any of it so i can't even look up and see what the smart lock is or how much it sucks rear end and/or how easy it is to unlock

is this it? https://fccid.io/2AVIHTN12A/User-Manual/15-TN10024BK-UserMan-US-4736643.pdf

has some setup and reset info if so.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Zamujasa posted:

that looks like it, lol. at least for the thermostat. the smart lock remains a mystery

good to know it's just total garbage though

the smart lock looks like some generic kwikset thing, altho its possible its a 3rd party thing with a kwikset core. you could pull the batteries to disable the smartness.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
idgi. all 3 of those look like a generic sedan from their respective era

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
i like the keyless entry and push button start

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost
its 86 here and i dont have the ac in but its fine i just have some fans on.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

Pile Of Garbage posted:

cjs: how is dell able to create a clone of the cisco IOS CLI and then release it as software on their own switches? i mean it's good for me cos i can just go "oh it's like IOS" and do whatever but how is it even legal?

its probably a combo of cisco not caring and also cisco not wanting a difficult legal battle. it was definitely a nice surprise when i had to use a dell switch and iirc it even had some improvements to command names/autocomplete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i thought they used dollars in the kingdom of canada?

they have fake dollars with their queen on it