Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Elder Postsman posted:

i have a waterproof notepad in my shower and putting that up was a great idea

i do too, but it's on a shelf just outside of the shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

posting on the windows codepage page

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

CPColin posted:

I like vacations that start and end mid-week! Easier to come back from when you only have two days of work before another weekend.

this is the way, i do this for every vacation where it's possible. for some reason, it never occured to many of my coworkers before i arrived, but now they do it too

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

quiggy posted:

remember quibi

yeah, it was like subway but they toasted the bread i think

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

President Beep posted:

just go outside and dig some dirt ya dummy. it’s free.

doing this might get other stuff like mushrooms or weeds in your potted plants, which might be an upside or a downside depending on your point of view

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

President Beep posted:

“as useless as a third panel in a diptych.”

i'm going to try this joke the next time i meet with anyone from the fine arts library

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

dioxazine posted:

if there is bad gas, is there good gas?

laughing gas?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

dioxazine posted:

you could become an outlaw race car building club

underground pinewood derby

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Asleep Style posted:

the first weekend of the tournament is the best sporting event of the year

i enjoyed this "chart party" episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a1TUszkMfI

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i was away from work at a conference last week, now i'm back at work this week

last week was better

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

tag yourself

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

superb owl :xd: :xd: :xd:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

hbag posted:

is a disco egg where you spike it with MDMA or something

it's when you grate in those tiny mirrors from a disco ball

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Fortaleza posted:

I’m a never-napper. There are dozens of us!!

same, "naps make me feel more tired" crew checking in

also "sleeping in" to me means waking up after 8:00am

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

rotor posted:

i like waking up, then going back to sleep cause that few hours is when i get the really good dreams

i never remember my dreams and it rules, i actually get to rest instead of being a prisoner to my brain's cleaning process

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

rotor posted:

once, way back when my son was an infant, i had a dream i was lying in bed dying, and my grown son was there, and he held my hand and i looked at him and i felt this overwhelming feeling of peace and acceptance because i knew it was ok to die because my time was done and he was grown and strong and that everything was as it should be and i died and then i woke up and honestly it was one of the most moving experiences of my life

this is a nice story, thank you for sharing

Achmed Jones posted:

1. the more you practice, the easier it is

but that's work, i want to be enlightened now!!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

someone keeps banging on a flagpole or something across the street and it's really pissing me off

they're not sick, but they're not well

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

cjs: I’m listening to Kajagoogoo today

i am the walrus

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Elder Postsman posted:

i don't like this

imagine how someone using a screen reader feels about it

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

remember to step on the scales before putting on pant for a more accurate reading

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

HamAdams posted:

it’s 2023, why do we not all just have awesome metal teeth like that guy in james bond

you'd have to brush with barkeeper's friend

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

I can, and I will. Doctors stole labcoats from real scientists for stolen valor reasons because they were by and large quacks. Most medical people I've met are extremely superstitious and believe all sorts of wacky non scientific stuff

they also stole the title of doctor from phd's

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

hasselback potatoes are very good too. they only take an extra minute to prep, there's zero danger of explosion if you don't forkstab enough, and you get some of that salt pepper oil/butter down in every bite

just slice them almost all the way through, prepare as a baked potato from there on out. delicious!

these are great, you can also hasselback a butternut squash for a delicious time

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Enderzero posted:

oh drat this is smart. I’ve never been big on baked potato because the proportions are all off - some bites mostly butter and sour cream, the back half almost flavorless. this handily fixes all that!

twice baked potatoes are another good answer to this particular problem

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

matt hasselbeck potatoes

we want the spud and we're gonna score

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

The Fool posted:

the real super power is getting books from other libraries at your local library

interlibrary loan is a wonderful service and more people should take advantage of it

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

dioxazine posted:

at least a hundred

one for every dalmatian

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

quote:

Towards the end of 2019, Brady announced a remix album by the duo tentatively titled 1000 Gecs & th3 phant0m m3nac3

i didn't know jeff k was in a band, good for him

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

my job sometimes involves touching fiche

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Armitag3 posted:

really hard to catch the flies tho

have you tried using honey instead of vinegar?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

it's friday, time to touch fiche

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

too many jobs require college degrees, which inflates the cost of college, because now "everyone" has to go to college. this drives prices up because tuition is typically paid by loans, so there's no reason to keep costs down. just like healthcare, costs would be lower if the government just paid for a lot of this directly.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

one time i had to print out a gigantic entity relationship diagram on our poster printer for someone in systems

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

HamAdams posted:

Always Be Closing your work laptop

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you would think that capitalism would fix the commercial real estate market. if downtown sf has a 30% vacancy rate, why don't they lower the rent? at the right price, plenty of businesses would bet on the recovery of the city and be happy to lock in 10-20 year leases at historically low rates. my understanding is that they don't lower the rent because they can't, it is written into their debt agreements how much they are supposed to charge. and they are so leveraged to the hilt that if they default on one property, it'll cause cascading defaults for others as they become unable to make payments. i guess neither the developers nor the banks envisioned a scenario where nobody needs or even wants to be in downtown sf, but here we are

capitalism is also supposed to fix the high food prices because food is the ideal capitalist market: low barrier to entry, lots of buyers and sellers, easily substituted products, etc

really makes you think

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

i heard recently somewhere that when you realize your job is bad it never gets better. i wish i'd heard that in 2015

one of the reliable markers for a failed interpersonal relationship is contempt for the other person and i think it probably applies to business relationships too

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

cjs: lmao why does Victoria (the state in AU) have SIXTEEN different water authorities? over here in West Aus we have just one for the whole state and we're like 6x the size landmass-wise compared to VIC.

i live in rural new york, about 100k people in the whole county, and we have three different water authorities that i know of

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

rotor posted:

i fuckin love takin the ferry, i would ride the ferry back & forth all day for fun

i would too, i still think about the time i was on the ferry to martha's vineyard to visit my then-girlfriend who was working there, i played chess with some guy who was a cabinetmaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

one pizza place near me growing up had a table pac-man game and a street fighter 2 cabinet, which i think are two perfect choices