Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
It's over already?

Oh thank goodness, it's over.

I guess double, then triple-downing on Carrey's style of humor from the first movie just didn't hold up. Thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I feel sorry for everyone in this thread that said they had this as a kid. Even when not being flat out offensive it was still terrible.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Once again, I am glad I dodged this bullet as a kid: aside from being extremely unfunny, it's just not a good adventure game.
I have to wonder what they were thinking while making this.

Also I thought I recognized the voice for the bad guy at the end, which was confirmed by his name in the credits.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Did I miss what happened during the far too long puzzle at the beginning? The centre of the screen had a black box, with the character animations filling it as they moved into it.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Zaroff posted:

Did I miss what happened during the far too long puzzle at the beginning? The centre of the screen had a black box, with the character animations filling it as they moved into it.

You didn't miss anything apart from the background scenery. The computer screen glitches were only a minor curse compared to the others in this game.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

berryjon posted:

It's over already?

Oh thank goodness, it's over.

I guess double, then triple-downing on Carrey's style of humor from the first movie just didn't hold up. Thankfully.

It's not even that Carrey's style of humor is bad, you absolutely need Carrey's body language and, well, actual context to get anything out of it. This just seemed like they were shoving in lines into an already finished script.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

AAAAAAALLLLLLL righty thEN!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Do not GO IN THERE!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

evilmiera posted:

It's not even that Carrey's style of humor is bad, you absolutely need Carrey's body language and, well, actual context to get anything out of it. This just seemed like they were shoving in lines into an already finished script.

By popular demand posted:

Do not GO IN THERE!

This, times about four other occasions throughout the game no matter what the context is. They have two whole films with dialogue and they try to shoehorn three or four quotes in as much as possible.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I remember playing a demo of this (the huskies/seals bit in Alaska) and not being able to work out what was going on.

Glad to see the game's entirely poo poo and I wasn't missing much.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
You know, I already tended to find Jim Carrey just a little much for my sensibilities. But hearing a Jim Carrey impersonator going all in on the Jim Carrey thing? This is a lot to take in...

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
He can't actually be saying that here, right?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There is another meaning to the word 'gay'.

quote:

Older Use.
having or showing a merry, lively mood:
gay spirits;
gay music.

As much as this game is cursed, they do seem to have used the word in an appropriate context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Yeah, "the gay nineties" was a legit term used in the early 1900s to refer to the 1890 decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Nineties