Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Best Breakfast Potato Dish
Hash Browns
Home Fries
Skillet Potatoes or some other regional dish that no one has really heard of
View Results

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
Lots of places in the Pacific Northwest list hash browns as home fries on their menu and it’s INFURIATING.

It’s time for my medication thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

ArbitraryC posted:

I lived around a decade in Seattle. I guarantee you can walk into literally any grocery store that has a deli with hot food, ask for a quarter pound of jojo's, and they will give you a parcel containing probably closer to a third of a pound of jojo's without batting an eye.

In fact I challenge anyone who doesn't recognize the term or thinks it's an obscure thing to try this. I'd bet money no one is ever going to ask a clarifying question about what you are ordering because it's common.

It's not a regional thing, and I know regional. Ordering a coke, getting asked what kind, and saying sprite was a normal exchange where I was born.

I remember seeing jojos all over the drat place when I first moved to the PNW 28 years ago (gently caress), but it seems like I see them less now. Or maybe I just don’t notice anymore. Whatever the case, any chain grocery deli will still 100% have them.

Never saw them in the Midwest where I grew up though.