Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jose Oquendo posted:

McDonalds fries are S-tier, but I would rank waffle fries and 5 guys higher.

I don't like any fries that put any sort of seasoning or batter/coating on them

Such wrong opions.

Why would you want an unseasoned fries? Plain piece of deep fried potato...... mmmmm.

Also 5 Guys have the worst fries from any fast food place I've ever had. Limp and soggy and they give you a ton of them just to spite you.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Eh, I doubt I'd like these.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A few months ago I had these homemade chips that were just a sliced potato (into potato chip slice) really thin or sometimes really thick and it was amazing. Some were kind of chewy and some were really crispy due to the size difference. If I had a plate of only the thick ones I probably wouldn't like it much.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500excf type r posted:

the alternative fast food french fry (ALT F4) combo would be taco bells nacho fries which arent bad

I've had Taco Bell fries maybe 3 times and every single time they were...... floppy. Like, hold it horizontally and it'll bend down 90 degrees.

Terrible.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

halokiller posted:

I pity those who don't have a Potato Corner

So this place now calls chips jojos and not the potato wedges like everyone in here was posting.

So many conflicting names! :psyduck:

Chinatown posted:

mayo as a fry condiment is not only acceptable but actually very good

BICTHC

:hmmyes:

Culver's literally had a giant mayo dispenser just like the ketchup and mustard ones. I didn't see it when I went last time. Maybe they pulled them because of a pandemic thing. :(

Yeah I'd love to play Jenga with my meal that will topple over and spill all over the place and me.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 24, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spinz posted:

I did all the work, hell yes I'm posting my Fast Food Fries Magnum Opus from the goldmine

Back when I was an ambitious attention whore who still had the will to live

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913887

Amazing. Not surprised I voted 5.

I think this is my favorite.

Spinz posted:

The evil acts I uncovered seemed endless; they are also lovely tippers

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Bloop posted:

I generally never liked super skinny fries but I could go for a big plate of the ones from steak n shake right now

I haven't had Steak n Shake in 20 years but I remember really liking it. That was the first time I had those crispy skinny fries.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I miss Jack in the Box. None of those out here. I don't remember their fries though but I loved that place.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

PokeJoe posted:

a taco..... and they will all be fine

You're one of "them."

I am a supreme JitB taco hater. Don't.... test.... me.....

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I don't think anyone has worked Culver's into their tier lists yet, but IIRC they were solid crinkle-cut fries. Nothing spectacular, but they were well made, lightly salted, and their manifold shape was good for holding the condiment of your choice.

Crinkle cut fries are near or at the bottom of my list but Culver's fries aren't too terrible considering they're crinkle cut. Just gotta dip them in mayo from the giant dispensers they have or get the cheese sauce for them.

Better yet, get the cheese curds and dip them in the cheese sauce. :twisted:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. (no offense)

So... you prefer frozen manufactured fries over a..... sliced potato?

Best fries are when they take a whole potato with the skin on and put it through that aluminum can crusher thing. Fry at a lower temp for a bit to par-cook them, then higher to get them crispy. I don't know the times but I know it's a double fry. Add salt while they're still oily so it sticks.

bing bang boom so simple

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hmmm..... maybe freezing could take some of the moisture out of the potato which would possibly make it crispier. Like, when you make hashbrowns from scratch you have to wring the water out and there is a ton in there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tnuctip posted:

but won’t reach the potential of a true from scratch made fry.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lincoln posted:

Yeah that's what blanching is. What's one of the dumbest things you've heard in a while?

All that nonsense coming out of Washington!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lincoln posted:

My nephew insisted I go to 5 Guys with him because he knows I love a good cheeseburger, and it’s his favorite place. Terrible burger. Terriburger. The bun was dry and the cheese wasn’t at all melted. They gave me ten billon undercooked french fries. All that for just $20. That was my first and, so far, last visit to 5 Guys.

This was my exact experience. Including not going there a second time. I will probably, stupidly, do it again anyway sometime. Actually I think the burger was ok but I don't remember.

The Bloop posted:

Sounds like you had the typical 5Guys experience, actually

Yeah this.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 2, 2022