Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A whole forum exists for this and you just...
You just put this here.

Unreal, op.
Unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bula Vinaka posted:

Those are funnel cakes made with potatoes. Looks good!

They're potatoes cut on a spiral-cutter (usually).

That being said, is there literally anything that Japan can't gently caress up in some weird-rear end way? Just cut up a goddamn french fry, Japan. Jesus.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lmao, you contrarian dumbass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4A9xE2Nc5c

They're made with mashed potatoes, and they taste amazing

That's even dumber and now I'm even more irate.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

500excf type r posted:

are jojo's fries? if so I have a new nomination for #1

"Weee OOO weee OOO" music from Kill Bill begins to play as my eyes widen

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

McDonalds fries are only decent if they're dipped in their sweet and sour sauce.

Burger king actually had pretty alright fries, but they went all to hell a long while back, and plus who isn't getting their 'onion rings' anyway

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Spinz posted:

I did all the work, hell yes I'm posting my Fast Food Fries Magnum Opus from the goldmine

Back when I was an ambitious attention whore who still had the will to live

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913887

lol jesus christ Spinz, I dunno how I ever missed this but nice work

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I don't think anyone has worked Culver's into their tier lists yet, but IIRC they were solid crinkle-cut fries. Nothing spectacular, but they were well made, lightly salted, and their manifold shape was good for holding the condiment of your choice.

Usually soggy and crappy any time I've had them.
I don't even order sides at Culvers since they're invariably a gigantic rip off though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Sounds like you had the typical 5Guys experience, actually

They're inconsistent except in one aspect, in that no matter in what way they're being inconsistent, it's to do something badly.
Like people in this thread alone are all over about their fries, even people who have been to them multiple times.

Lincoln, who just posted, mentioned their burger being dry with the cheese unmelted, and undercooked fries. I personally, have never gotten a burger from them that I didn't almost need a spoon to eat due to how wet and greasy it was with the bun disintegrating as a result, and fries I simply just threw away since they're improperly cooked limp grease piles.