Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

As goons we're all fat and love french fries. We also have big opinions on the good kind of fries. Here's what I think, you may disagree but you are probably wrong.

S tier:
Mcdonalds. The ideal fry. If you don't like this fry you don't like fries.

A class:
Fries attempting to emulate Mcdonalds fries.
Popeye's cajun fries

B class:
Shoestring fries (Steak and shake) and thicker cut but still decent fries like Wendy's, Jack in the Box, etc.

C Class:
Steak Fries, too much potato not enough fry.
Fresh cut fries. Soggy mess. 5 guys fries. Fries from sandwich shops.

Abyssal fries:
"Silly" fries for children like crinkle cut, curly fries, waffle fries, etc. these fries are for infants
Oven fries. gently caress you

Disqualified:
Home Fries, Chicken Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Other Vegetable kinds of fries. These are false idols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Big Beef City posted:

A whole forum exists for this and you just...
You just put this here.

Unreal, op.
Unreal.

this forum is GENERAL bullshit op and I'm gonna make a post about whatever topic I wnat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

what the gently caress is going on here

I've evolved. And I forgot about waffle fries

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

longtimelurker posted:

tater tots SSS+

Can be very good but NOT fries

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

That DICK! posted:

abyssal? abysmal? i guess abyssal can work if we're talking about the bottomest of the bottom but... abyssal?

thats right

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gently caress you!!! they suck rear end!!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in Montana they call tater tots gems

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Anyone ever have Andy Capps fries?

Hot fries kick rear end

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

are those boiled in hot piss

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bismack Billabongo posted:

OP is a dipshit with bad opinions. I am too though so I will not be sharing my French fry rankings.

coward. be a dipshit in public

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mac and cheese is a universally bad side. The dish can be good but at restaurants it's always been in a steam table for 3 hours and the noodles have lose all semblance of texture. it needs to get the same respect as any other pasta dish to be good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

JoJos may he a notable exception to the steak fry being bad, I haven't eaten enough of them to solidly rank them

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ArbitraryC posted:

Local fry convo: I dunno what kind of fry I'd even call Dick's in Seattle, but they're probably my favorite fastfood fry. If I had to describe them they sound awful, real dark overdone looking exterior, limp, maybe even soggy, but goddamn are they decadent. Fortunately when I was living in Seattle I was young and we were poor so I only really had it on special occasions, and as an adult with my own money I've only ever visited Seattle for friends/family so I may get a chance to have them like once a year if that, probably would get tired of them if I had them too often.

These are fresh cut fries and they are trash tier. I like dicks fries too though but they are not good by any stretch. If you get lucky with a well done batch they're more acceptable

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

They do have a longer half life than many kinds of fries. Wendy's used to have the shortest lived fries but they really stepped their game up. The Dicks fries are still super oily and the bag is drat near see through if you take it home before eating them though. I just ate some dicks Saturday and the fries are as floppy and oily as ever

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'll keep eating that garbage though dicks is my favorite place to be burgin'

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I miss Jack in the Box. None of those out here. I don't remember their fries though but I loved that place.

They have fine fries and also curly fries for the people who enjoy the wastes of Arby's. The real wonder of Jack in the Box is you can get a burger, a taco, and a egg roll and they will all be fine

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You're one of "them."

I am a supreme JitB taco hater. Don't.... test.... me.....

I used to hate them. I don't know what happened but i acquired the taste, they're pretty good if you aren't craving a real taco. You gotta embrace the fact that they are lovely

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

A Fancy Hat posted:

I went to a local amusement park, Kennywood, this weekend and got their famous Potato Patch fries.

A+ fries and the guy gave us like 3x the normal order size since the crowds were pretty light that day. These things are a Pittsburgh staple for a reason, they're thick but stay crispy, the cheese sauce and bacon you can get is delicious, and the different seasoning salts are all really good, too.

Did you suck any dick on the old mill

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:911:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the freezing makes the fries good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Aesop Poprock posted:

I was gonna say Sonic's fries are worst but Sonic is probably the worst fast food restaurant because theyir entire menu is so bland it's like it was made for an old folks home. Wouldn't want scare people off with seasoning! But still, this used to be their official picture of cheese fries on their menu

what the gently caress