Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
How do you beat 6-3 in For The Uncrying? It’s preset units so I’m stuck with these characters, but I can’t beat the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Don't heal Horizon until she goes below 50% hp to activate her passive. Keep the unit that turns off the boss's Perfect Evade constantly on the field and in range. I'm not sure what the correct play with the striker drone is. I redeployed it a fair bit, thinking that it had a damage-on-deploy that would help kill the adds, but I think that might have been me misreading its description, and you might want to keep them alive at the start to get Horizon below half health faster, or maybe do something else. There's some room for error there. Also, don't forget to use an operator. ASPD passive > good active skill > anything else is probably the priority.

HundredBears fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 24, 2022

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Wait how do you heal? I totally don’t know how to play combat since I auto everything haha

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

How do you beat 6-3 in For The Uncrying? It’s preset units so I’m stuck with these characters, but I can’t beat the level.
your "ship's" (the turret) damage is important for 3 stars so don't deploy horizon until the boss moves closer to firing range
deploy horizon when in range

the other mech units at your disposal from left-right
1) small area buff removal
2) air attacker, pretty useless in this fight because it draws attacks away from horizon
3) heals in a small area
so just keep the buff remover/healer on rotation while horizon is tanking everything

i didn't even let horizon go berserk and cleared by 1:51

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Thanks yea I figured it out and cleared it.

Good ending, though I think I prefer bottom of the shade as it packs more of an emotional wallop. This had a satisfying resolution though to the saga

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

theblackw0lf posted:

Wait how do you heal? I totally don’t know how to play combat since I auto everything haha

there are units that either heal as part of their skill chain (Evelyn, Chinatsu, etc), units that heal on deploy (Ironside (mechs only)), or units that do both (Claudia, Arius)

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Rearm is now available: Now you can use all those duplicate units and free up space haha.

Also chapter 7 is up.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You can also buy some Hololive skins for $46 a piece. Have at it, goons.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Just got done beating Dive 50 with 2 seconds to spare. If you've been postponing it because the Prydwen guides makes it sound hard, give it a try. Rearmed Esterosa + Ministra + Rita is enough to clear it and it will be a lot easier than the older Veronica + snipers team.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

batteries! posted:

Just got done beating Dive 50 with 2 seconds to spare. If you've been postponing it because the Prydwen guides makes it sound hard, give it a try. Rearmed Esterosa + Ministra + Rita is enough to clear it and it will be a lot easier than the older Veronica + snipers team.

I can't pass 49 with the Veronica/snipers team, I'll have to try this. Dropping 75 fusion cores on Esterosa is painful but it sounds like she's amazing for pretty much all content so I guess it's worth it. I don't have Ministra but I guess I can drop in Replacer Queen or something.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
I can't believe it took me this long to realize counters were madokas.

The Moon Monster posted:

You can also buy some Hololive skins for $46 a piece. Have at it, goons.
They're $35 on Steam.

Almost everything is cheaper on Steam. The things I found which aren't are some of the whale packs and the subs, and those are the same with taxes.

If you buy stuff and are in the US at least, buy on Steam.

$35 is still a lot for a skin though.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I can't pass 49 with the Veronica/snipers team, I'll have to try this. Dropping 75 fusion cores on Esterosa is painful but it sounds like she's amazing for pretty much all content so I guess it's worth it. I don't have Ministra but I guess I can drop in Replacer Queen or something.

49 was harder than 50, weirdly enough. The boss will immediately push forward and my Veronica would get punted back to the ship, which got my backline killed fast. This is what I copied (didn't use Karin Wong).

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I just started this. My id number is "10945071" I sent out a few friend requests and applied to one of the groups in the OP.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Dipping my toe back in, will apply to a guild shortly. Neuro in game.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Guild seems kinda dead. Has everyone moved on?

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004
I've been put in charge of Goonsquad if you or any other survivors from the other consortium want to apply here. Not super active at 8ish check-ins per day but we tend to get a few folks clearing the co-op boss regularly.

IGN: BarnabySA

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

aquaticrabbit posted:

I've been put in charge of Goonsquad if you or any other survivors from the other consortium want to apply here. Not super active at 8ish check-ins per day but we tend to get a few folks clearing the co-op boss regularly.

IGN: BarnabySA

I'm in here and having a good time.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Edit: nevermind

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 26, 2023

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This latest side story is amazing. And the music is so fitting and beautiful.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Game's having a bunch of stuff to try and entice players back. Notably, a random free A-SSR, every A-SSR banner is rerunning, and if you do a bunch of missions you get an A-SSR selector. You also get an SSR selector just for logging in.

They've reverted some of the grind and annoyances that the new origin update added. It's not perfectly fixed but it's still a good time to come back. Sadly, they had to can the guilty gear collab, though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’ve been playing for last month or so, I have a much better opinion of the game now than I did for the month or so I played at launch. I used to be annoyed that the story was so broken up by missions, like it’d be just a snippet of story and then the level but honestly something changed in me and I welcome them.

I recognize that something horrible changed with how dupes are used vs cores because I had like a dozen dupes of the children from the first battle pass and they are next to useless. I can’t really tell much of what that means.

Anyways fun game hope it doesn’t die.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

kater posted:

I’ve been playing for last month or so, I have a much better opinion of the game now than I did for the month or so I played at launch. I used to be annoyed that the story was so broken up by missions, like it’d be just a snippet of story and then the level but honestly something changed in me and I welcome them.

I recognize that something horrible changed with how dupes are used vs cores because I had like a dozen dupes of the children from the first battle pass and they are next to useless. I can’t really tell much of what that means.

Anyways fun game hope it doesn’t die.

They made a new tier of upgrades to spend dupes on. So dupes no longer saves you cores. On the other hand, cores are now rewarded at a much larger rate than before.

They also made it so you no longer do combat to earn xp. All combat awards money and xp currency, which you can then spend on the specific characters you want to level. If you play for a while you will eventually end up with a comically large abundance of money and xp. And cores to a lesser degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The April fools event is probably old but it is very silly and fun. This is a very silly and fun game. I’m about halfway through the side stories and on chapter 8, gonna be sad when I’m caught up. The stories are like perfectly sized I don’t know how I didn’t appreciate this more on release. Might have been on that Arknights novel trip too much I unno.