Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

They also reset the monthly PvP shop, and it's going to reset again in October. You can get an extra batch of fusion cores and black tickets if you had a big pile of PvP points saved up :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
They also seem to have completely destroyed any semblance of performance on my phone; battles are stuttery like hell now. Thankfully I do most of my playing on the Steam client and only use the phone for strategy battles while at work, because it's really awful.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I was just about to ask if anyone else had trouble since the update. Got wrecked in a rank because I couldn't even deploy units and had to turn on auto. Tried messing with settings and turned down graphics but it's still a slideshow.

The battles load faster now but are pretty much unplayable.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've moved to steam for anything but autoing, but yeah autoing is super choppy on my phone now.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Also chiming in to say that any kind of combat is completely hosed on my tablet. Oddly enough, menu navigation is actually a lot faster than it was before.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

a new app update was pushed to address performance issues

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there a good Brita team lineup with the new raid settings? I do good damage on 110 but on 130 I only do about 400k before he smokes my team.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
See these screenshots for some example comps. The general principle seems to be: use lots of towers/snipers that will stay out of special range, a soldier tank followed by an A Hilde who presumably gets to the front before the end of soldier minute and then a bunch of strong counters during counter minute.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

HundredBears posted:

See these screenshots for some example comps. The general principle seems to be: use lots of towers/snipers that will stay out of special range, a soldier tank followed by an A Hilde who presumably gets to the front before the end of soldier minute and then a bunch of strong counters during counter minute.

Thanks, I think I figured out who everyone was even though half are in costumes haha..

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
50 pulls for a Veronica and Lycoris. Then 70 for Lily. About 8 other SSR dupes on the way. Sad no Monet but not pulling for an SR again. Dropped 30 pulls for RQueen but no dice. Dont want to use anymore so I can guarantee both Ministra and A Horizon. Not a bad haul all told and I still have over 150 tickets left for whoever is next.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
I’m having trouble working out the normal rhythm of these ascenders - when should we expect Ministra to appear, how long will she be available for, and how many classified thingies (ballpark) do we have available in that time?

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
There's a new awakened every three weeks. They're available for the entire period (minus 12? hours at the end because daily reset and maintenance don't happen at the same time). We get an average of 50-ish rolls worth of black tickets in that time (53 if you're not only buying the 2750 quartz package every week but also refreshing the shop, grabbing the tickets there and furthermore including the 5 rolls per new banner that we seem to be getting through coupons or "On-Time Events"). That's still an imperfect estimate because there's a random component to the shop tickets and a few of the others are on a monthly cycle or longer. This lets you get two thirds of the awakened if your rolls are average (mean and median are both around 77 rolls per awakened after taking pity into account), and you're guaranteed about one third through pity even if you have terrible rolls.

In addition to all of that, collab events normally (always?) have an associated awakened that doesn't get rerun. Studiobside has hinted that this will be true of the upcoming global collab as well. Looking at the roadmap, it will probably be in addition to rather than instead of the once-every-three-weeks awakened.

Ministra is the next awakened after Replacer Queen, so she'll be here in three weeks and we'll get around a hundred rolls between now and when her banner ends about six weeks from now. With the way things line up, it's probably best to be conservative and only count on somewhere from 90 to 95, especially since the downside of messing up the math and ending up just a few rolls short of the guaranteed recruitment is rough when she's so strong.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Awesome, thanks! That’s really useful info.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

What do I need to put together a degenerate Rhino comp for Strategy Battles in Global? I just want to put together a hilarious meme team even though Mechs currently don't have the units needed to be really viable right now.

(I did build Coffin-6 recently, if that helps)

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Met Eximus from Gaeunswarm twice :love:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

LuiCypher posted:

What do I need to put together a degenerate Rhino comp for Strategy Battles in Global? I just want to put together a hilarious meme team even though Mechs currently don't have the units needed to be really viable right now.

(I did build Coffin-6 recently, if that helps)

I tried that in month 2 on Global. I think some of the basics are Abraham for the heal and Ironside. But I did not have much success with it and gave up on the idea.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is FreeWilly still a goon Consortium? If not, which ones are available?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

The man called M posted:

Is FreeWilly still a goon Consortium? If not, which ones are available?

Not sure it ever really was as such. Recruitment was always open so anyone could join, and I think it's mostly randos now that most of the early crowd has stopped playing. For some reason leadership got passed to me when jDub had been absent for a while, I guess it's based on contribution score or something, but I don't really do anything other than occasionally kick inactives so people can join if they want. It's pretty quiet here, which for a bunch of randos is probably the best you could hope for.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What exactly am I supposed to be getting out of Rita and Dash's.. relationship, for lack of a better word. It seems very odd. Sisters? More than sisters? Mother/Daughter? They keep calling Dash a "kid" but she's certainly not built that way, but then again, it's anime..

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Reminder there's less than a week left to use the anniversary SSR selector - expires Oct 20

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
New coupon (well three days old but it works)

OCTRAININGCSGBL

Five fusion cores

Also from what I’ve heard, the Horizon Finance event, of which this is the first part and the second part is in November, is one of the best stories in the game. So if you’ve dropped it for a while but are interested in story, don’t miss it.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 19, 2022

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

Also from what I’ve heard, the Horizon Finance event, of which this is the first part and the second part is in November, is one of the best stories in the game. So if you’ve dropped it for a while but are interested in story, don’t miss it.

Just completed the Bottom of the Shade event tonight. Yeah, whoever does the game's writing does a pretty decent job.

New Leaf posted:

What exactly am I supposed to be getting out of Rita and Dash's.. relationship, for lack of a better word. It seems very odd. Sisters? More than sisters? Mother/Daughter? They keep calling Dash a "kid" but she's certainly not built that way, but then again, it's anime..

Curious what you'll think after completing the second part which addresses this I think.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Willias posted:

Just completed the Bottom of the Shade event tonight. Yeah, whoever does the game's writing does a pretty decent job.

Yea just finished it. This one hit hard.

Now go back and reread chapter one of the main story and feel even more horrible

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 21, 2022

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

Yea just finished it. This one hit hard.

Now go back and reread chapter one of the main story and feel even more horrible

Already did that. I kind of figured where things were going to go in the first half of the story arc.

Looking forward to next month's big story event!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kinda wish they'd pump the brakes honestly. Haven't been able to catch my breath.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

New Leaf posted:

Kinda wish they'd pump the brakes honestly. Haven't been able to catch my breath.

Yeah it's getting overwhelming. I feel like characters aren't getting their moment in the sun, either

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

New coupon

SPOOKYCSGLB1031

10 employee contracts

Also CSGBLONSTEAM i think is still up for those that missed it

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 27, 2022

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I think I've hit critical mass in this game.. I love the feel, the setting, the characters, but they've done so much so fast. There's too much to do! If it wasn't on Steam where I can run it windowed off to the side I might have stopped already.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

New Leaf posted:

I think I've hit critical mass in this game.. I love the feel, the setting, the characters, but they've done so much so fast. There's too much to do! If it wasn't on Steam where I can run it windowed off to the side I might have stopped already.

The downside of them rushing to help us catch up to SEA/Korean server

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Yo can I get accepted back to GaeunSwarm again? I'm back around (and created the consort) :)

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

So how does one go about linking our account to another authentication portal? I use twitter and Musk is removing the authentication function.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

So how does one go about linking our account to another authentication portal? I use twitter and Musk is removing the authentication function.
if you still have access to your account, Game Settings > Manage Account > Customer Center should let you link it to google or steam.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Recently got the gacha itch. Sent an invite to Goonsquad, same name.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Can you use an awakened character and a regular version of the same character at the same time? What about for rearms when they come?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Awakened and normal, yes absolutely. Rearmed I'm unsure about since they share costumes with the non-rearmed versions, and missions that require you to deploy a certain character work with both the regular and rearmed versions.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

1MDWNINCSGBL

SSR coupon code

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 17, 2022

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It's technically not a selector ticket, the SSR you get is random. Still, free SSR.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Been playing this game for a bit, it seems pretty neat. I was kind of down on it at first until I saw the thread title and went "Wait, I really like The Battle Cats." Now I'm hooked. I like it enough that I *gasp* actually spent real money on it. Not too much though - whaling is too rich for my blood.

Applied to Goonsquad as SimonTD. Hopefully I can get in.

Edit: Goonsquad filled up. Applied to GaeunSwarm.

Simon The Digger fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 19, 2022

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Regular Horizon is hilarious in pvp. As soon as she goes berserk from getting hit the entire enemy team gets teleported to their ship, and then she jumps on top of everyone in a giant pile. Including all the backliners, many of which she can one shot or get pretty close to one shotting.

Who will win, Awakened Hilde and Awakened Soo Yoon or one angry robot with a lead pipe? *sound of ship exploding as they all die together*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Suzera posted:

Regular Horizon is hilarious in pvp. As soon as she goes berserk from getting hit the entire enemy team gets teleported to their ship, and then she jumps on top of everyone in a giant pile. Including all the backliners, many of which she can one shot or get pretty close to one shotting.

Who will win, Awakened Hilde and Awakened Soo Yoon or one angry robot with a lead pipe? *sound of ship exploding as they all die together*

I mean, that's how the the Horizon story arc plays out. For the Uncrying is a good enough of a video game story that it's kind of weird that it's in a mobile game of all things.

And Awakened Horizon was a unit that sold me on the game initially, so these last couple of game updates have been pretty awesome.