Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Text-to-speech programs have been around forever, but I've recently discovered a newer one that's still being developed called xVASynth. Since it's used primarily for modding games, the voice models are trained using audio rips. This tickled me when I saw they had models from Mass Effect and Portal, because that meant celebrity voices.

Something I haven't seen in other TTS software is that you can fine-tune the pitch and length of each letter. That, along with necessary phonetic spelling here and there, leads to fairly natural sounding speech like this:

Martin Sheen has a message

JK Simmons say hi

There's a hefty amount of voice models available, but going in blind, it's not apparent where to get them or where to put them. The majority are from Bethesda games, but there's others being made with varying degrees of quality.

The creator has hundreds posted for free on their Patreon, while others can be found on their Discord, or searching for XVAsynth on Nexusmods.

Just unzip them and put the contents into Steam\steamapps\common\xVASynth\resources

The two I used in this post are The Illusive Man/Martin Sheen & Cave Johnson/J.K. Simmons.

At least on my machine, it has a tendency to stop letting you change letter pitch after a while, but a quick restart of the program fixes it.

Anyway, go nuts and post your dumbass audio shitposts!

More Sheen poo poo

JK Simmons recalls his favorite role

Martin Sheen has a song

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me you little bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU