Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

how many American children did covid-19 lockdowns save from gun violence?

Do you want to count the suicides that the stress from school itself seems to have caused, and school closures thus prevented?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That's maybe the defining characteristic of millennials+ in America, learned hopelessness.

No attempt at reform or progress in our lives has any positive outcomes. Ever. Everything gets worse, and if you so much as acknowledge it, a billion dollar multi-media empire comes to scream how important-to-national-security/pragmatic/American/christian/bipartisan doing the most evil possible thing is.

If you should manage to overcome the waves of blatant propaganda, and make a sincere wave at fixing political problems politically, that energy will be captured by an Obamacare-esque protection of the status quo that just makes things worse.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
America is a hell hole. Did English people go crazy like this when the British empire fell apart?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
You guys are overreacting. Less than half a percent of all American schools experience a mass shooting each year, and given that the exponential growth for that percentage has had a period of 5 years, it won't be until 2055 that kids have a 50% chance of experiencing one each year.

So stop with the extreme rhetoric.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Shiroc posted:

Chuds have decided to blame an unrelated trans girl whose photos are getting sprayed all over Twitter

Why settle for merely allowing children to be murdered when you can encourage people to murder children?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It's just totally obvious that gun control being tighter leads to fewer gun deaths. If it were illegal to possess firearms, this kid would not have the connections or the money to get one. Almost none of these cheese-dicked incels would be able to get one.

If guns were criminalized, it wouldn't be all criminals who would have guns, just the cool rich ones, and they don't do mass shootings with their guns.

Yes, but they do smuggle drugs and ... Wait I'm still not seeing the downside

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Karach posted:

Just for a change of pace!

We got the change of pace when a qanon freak killed a mob boss. That was a good day.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Karach posted:

I never heard about this. link?

Killer Says He Murdered Reputed Mafia Boss to Protect Trump

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Stereotype posted:

its funny that he does this because i'm sure all pigs loving hate him anyway

Literally none of the people Dems actively appeal to now will ever, ever vote for them

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

PokeJoe posted:

if only we gave them more funding :negative:

It wasn't a big enough tiger proof rock

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lacrosse posted:

I read that the gunman walked through an unlocked door and I'm kind of in awe of that. I was a contractor who had to visit several schools to do work and every single one I visited was locked up like Fort loving Knox. Who the gently caress just leaves a school unlocked like that??

Look at how normalized this is. The idea that a school should be a fortress is an insane one.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

In Training posted:

any right wing criticism of inept response is going to end with "and that's why we need to give the cops more money, training and weapons".

Sometimes the blatant failures and corruption exhibited by cops is used to justify defunding every other government program.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

I've been sitting here staring at the reply screen for several minutes now hunting for words that express how outrageous this is. How deep down angry I feel, and there are no words.

I can't express it at all. gently caress the police.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Goatscape successful

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

bitmap posted:

How do you lads just deal with this

By constant threat of extreme force if we object.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Since they posted on social media that they were going to do a mass murder, do we know their motive? Or does it go quietly in the demonize mental disorders forever bin.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

How delusional is this person? I get minor delusions like thinking animals can talk, but thinking bipartisan action for loving gun control exists is extremely disturbed.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Split 50 minute decisions

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Chattanooga shoot shoot

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Real hurthling! posted:

the saying is "dont let a few bad apples spoil the bunch" so saying its a few bad apples means as long as you remove the scapegoats the org will be saved. theres no inconsistency there in how idiots use it.

you are also right that they have no idea what the saying means tho

We never remove scapegoats though.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread that more children are killed by firearms than police, but it was from questionable source. But looking at the CDC data, it's not even close. Waaaay more kids are killed by guns than police. And this is lovely CDC data that's impeded by a lot of dumb pro gun laws that prevent research into firearm impact on health. It's probably undercounting the child deaths.

This country has a terminal case of gunbrain and carbrain. 2020 was the first year that firearms killed more kids than cars. Maybe car deaths will overtake firearm deaths as more oversized pickup and SUVs enter the market.

Don't worry, we'll fix it by letting COVID kill more kids than guns. Problem solved.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

That's where the news is at now, huh. Child snuff films.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
This kinda total ideological capture of police was at the root of Hitler's rise. Heck, purging the liberals from law enforcement would probably go easier today in the US than the police nazification of 1933.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Atrocious Joe posted:

there are liberals in law enforcement?

My point is "not many" and they need to be purged entirely for the facade to drop and cops to become open ideological enforcers.

And we're closer than Germany was in 33

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

are there any studies inside of the US that show the prevalence of mass shootings per million people vs gun laws? because this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/deadliest-mass-shootings-in-us-history-2017-10

has almost a third of the 30 deadliest ones happening in Texas, and most of the rest happening in chud areas where buying guns is easy. I know that there are probably 50 different things that have an impact, but it would be good to see if even in the US gun laws can prevent a lot of these mass shootings on a state level

gently caress, there should be enough at this point to have a good data set

There's research but it all uses proxies for guns per person as federal funding for such research is banned and it all needs to be done on the cheap.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
At least my chances of dying in a mass shooting are less than my chances of dying of COVID

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Lol just amazing amounts of cover up.

Can't say I'm bothered about the graveyard one though.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

I get how this could be legally exculpatory, because any excuse works for a cop, but how does this make any sense at all as something to tell the public?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

The Demilich posted:

What leftist has embraced false flag poo poo?

Not about mass shootings, but it comes up all the time in foreign policy stuff in CSPAM

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

my bony fealty posted:

whatever could you mean by this?

The beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine got multiple accusations of false flag attacks.

I don't judge, because American foreign policy establishment have no qualms with lying freely, but it does seem to have been spurious in retrospect.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

How did those wacky Danes smuggle their evil bolt action rifles to the US?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I want to know who on earth has the brain power to keep track of all the different mass shootings in the US, just the "newsworthy" ones, such that you can remember which were unresolved

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Living in America is just constantly playing the world's worst lottery

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Calibanibal posted:

the issue is that probably half of mass shootings are ops and the other half are crazy lone wolfs. It can be difficult to tell them apart without doing alot of research

I swear to God I saw someone post "cspam doesn't do the false flag thing" recently.

Lol.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

the white hand posted:

now take this and run with it, quick, before you even see who it is

Cabbages and Kings posted:

did you notice who made that particular post, this is relevant to interpreting its intent, I believe? guessing not, pretty good username/post combo there

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal is and I do not know why I should know.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Being a republican isn't a political bearing, silly.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

The collusion is secret

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Who?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I wonder where the point of no return on this poo poo was.

There are plenty of countries where cops exist to protect capital, but aren't roving gangs of murderers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Homeless Friend posted:

uhhhhh.... i'd like one of those

White skin isn't for sale