Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
guy who screenshares to show us something and accidentally reveals that he only barely knows how to use his computer as he mouses all over the screen trying to figure out how to find and reopen the app he used to make a diagram yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

guy who seems like a junior dev but is actually turning in code written by two pakistani subcontractors he secretly hired to do his job

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

The guy that takes a poo poo like clockwork every morning at 9:10, trying to keep it together during the 9AM meeting

lmao my job always has a 30- to 90-minute block of meetings first thing in the morning after i've had my coffee and a glass of water and i am always absolutely bursting for a piss by the end

sometimes i can step away with bluetooth headphones on but a lot of times ive gotta be available to turn my mic on so i can't even risk that

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

when i have to collaborate with people in other time zones i simply use email

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

if you have admin on your comp you can install autohotkey (useful for a ton of other business poo poo like too like hotkey to log in to the vpn every 5 minutes or whatever other mindless poo poo your job makes you do constantly) and then use this script to appear to work all day:
code:
#Persistent
Loop 
{
	If (A_Hour >= 7 && A_Hour < 17){
		MouseMove, 1, 1, 1, R
		MouseMove, -1, 1, 1, R
		}
		Sleep 300000	
}
Return
i initially set it up because my old job had an unalterable policy that it would lock after 60 seconds of inactivity, but it turns out just moving the mouse slightly is enough to keep teams from tattling too

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

pretty sure i’ve popped on camera while watching wrestling during a meeting

i feel like this can't possibly mean what i think it does but i can't imagine any other interpretation that makes more sense

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

knew a girl who would blow her husband during his meetings but i guess im just not a thrill seeker because that would stress me out so bad i doubt i could even get half mast

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

Guy holding a meeting about how we're appointing Yambassadors to roll out something called Yammer Viva Engage.

my old company had ms teams and yammer and somehow everyone came to the unspoken agreement that nothing of value was ever communicated on yammer, so normal people could uninstall it and the people with emojis in their linkedin could go hog wild on the workposting equivalent of a superfund site

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

when the useless contractors finally lost their contact at my last job they dropped like twelve hours of recorded videos on us"for reference" and that's the worst bytes/information ratio I've ever seen in my life aside from mine posts

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

last week i had a meeting of three people and right after the dude directly voice called me to amend his answer to a question that was asked in the meeting (literally would have been maybe a 32-character im if he was being extremely polite)

the only way i would call a person directly after meeting with them for an hour is if it was part of some elaborate saw-style murderdungeon helltrap

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

i just encountered the first good type of peep at a meeting i've ever heard of: person with a problem that is appropriate for the meeting and also has an extremely pleasant and calm and quiet voice

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

oh no I “accidentally” unmuted myself and everyone on the call “accidentally” heard my frothy stream

i wish it wasn't so easy to make me remember the phrase HOME OF CHALLENGE PISSING all the time but I'm basically constantly thinking it whenever im in yospos and i dont even use the piss theme

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

George posted:

Person who always says "hey" and doesn't say what they need.

i love these people because my policy is to never reply to a message that is just a greeting, and so i never have to help these boomers with anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

guy who is or isnt available depengding on how stupid your problem is (its me)