Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

some of these guys seem pretty cool to me....

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

what the gently caress kind of meetings are you people having

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who goes off on a 2 minute soliloquy that is just rehashing a dumber version of the last 10 minutes of the meeting

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

the one who drags the meeting 10-15 minutes over time asking specific questions about things that their team has absolutely nothing to do with and no one in the room can do anything about or will have their work materially change with or without knowledge of

precocious little scamps.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

My favorite variant of this type of guy is during the end of a meeting they ask a series of questions about the topics discussed in the meeting and you have a 2nd meeting.

🔫

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

akadajet posted:

squirt gun emoji

squirt gun emoji

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nvrgrls posted:

I'm the guy who declines the meeting.

power.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Guy running a 25 person recurring meeting who insists on everyone introducing themselves when someone new joins the meeting

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my homie dhall posted:

peep who was right

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy or gal who shows up, meaningfully contributes, and just all around has a good time chopping it up with coworkers.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

git apologist posted:

guy who makes dumb jokes and then realises it’s not that kind of meeting (it’s me)

:hmmyes:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who organized an hour long meeting, realized hes out of discussion points after 20 minutes, and keeps trying to stretch things out just to keep the meeting going.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

no one moreso than yours truly.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

the person who ends the meeting and says 'heres twenty minutes back :) '

before we talk about the 20 minutes i get back, lets discuss the 40 i will never see again. :colbert:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy with his camera on who is clearly not paying any attention at all.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who is posting during the meeting

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sailor Doom posted:

you mean guy whos in a meeting during his posting

:hmmyes:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

guy who positions his camera at the worst angle

guy with xps nostril cam

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who is not paying attention with his camera on and loudly typing on a mechanical keyboard unmuted while the meeting is going on.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who was me this morning lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

guy wishing a meteor would zip through his brain and kill him instantly while two morons spend 40 minutes discussing whether a ui for an internal questionnaire is one approved colour or the other one

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

if it's internal you better believe I'm just going to do whatever I want (leave all of the ui defaults exactly as is)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

vendor showed up to a webex call wearing a santa hat. i am sending you to prison.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nvrgrls posted:

Sometimes if I wanna spice things up I join the meeting early, wait 10 seconds, then leave. This makes a bunch of tryhards also join early and then when I join on time I'm not the first one.

for a lot of meetings I've taken to waiting in the lobby until I see three+ other people join to avoid having to make small talk

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who doesnt have any meetings today mashallah :pray:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DaTroof posted:

guy who replaced his microphone with a dave chappelle soundboard

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who slacks you 90 seconds after a meeting start time to ask if you are joining

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

love to ahve someone else schedule a 1-1 meeting with me and then no show. best of all possible worlds -- i get to be indignant about their no-show, PLUS I dont have to have a meeting.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

slack you to remind you about the meeting? are you insane? then id have to have the meeting.

lets just pretend this whole thing never happened.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

a good #lifehack to deal with that is to have a water bottle handy and take a long sip from it every time you feel your face start to twist into a “wtf” or laugh

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

distortion park posted:

guy browsing the web during a 1:1

sometimes i just get bored.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy browsing the web during a 1:1 on a giant monitor in a dimly lit room so every tme the page changes it lights up his face in a different way, making it glaringly obvious what he is doing.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"oh for sure man" - aforesaid guy, to his boss, raptly

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

go play outside Skyler posted:

guy who literally hosed during a meeting (but triple checked he was on mute)

guy who is epic.... epic for the win.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i had someone message me 2 minutes BEFORE the meeting's scheduled start time to ask me if i was going to join. are you loving high

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

if he was, he was barking up the wrong tree. i didnt schedule the meeting and neither did he.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy in meeting who has to piss so bad he cant focus on anything actually happening in the meeting.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger posted:

guy who is drinking a cup of coffee during the meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i would never try to operate under the illusion that i might watch a recording of a meeting.