Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Let us catalog all the various types of guys (gals, and nonbinary pals) that we run into at meetings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Guy who's dog is loudly barking while they're trying to speak at a meeting.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who's double muted and then apologizes for being double muted before asking a question

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

type of guy who says a joke and waits for laughter

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

person who uses endless acronyms and jargon and makes most people feel dumb that they don’t know them :mad:

bro if you're going to do 6 posts in a row at least make sure they're funny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dumbass australian

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

i post how i want. i never post funny. dwi

Opps I was going to write jk i'm not funny either but then I went to eat some trail mix and forgot.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who laughs at his joke for a solid 2 minutes before proceeding with their presentation

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

the one who drags the meeting 10-15 minutes over time asking specific questions about things that their team has absolutely nothing to do with and no one in the room can do anything about or will have their work materially change with or without knowledge of

My favorite variant of this type of guy is during the end of a meeting they ask a series of questions about the topics discussed in the meeting and you have a 2nd meeting.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

You stayed for the whole meeting, why on earth would you ask what it's about at the end???

Absolutely maddening

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

💦

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

awful, change the title back

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Guy who sounds like ben shapiro arguing with your boss about the what the product that she works on does.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Also type of guy who speaks way too softly while presenting.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who reply all's a meeting invite with 153 people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

guy who replies all to the reply all asking to be removed from the email string

thats always a good one, it's tempting to reply all with "no"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

We had a new hire accidentally email the entire department instead of a subset. About 6 people reply all'd to tell her wrong mailing list.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who runs the startup and tells people theyre running long when they go over a minute

:twisted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who limits standups to 3 minutes because hes scrummaster now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

akadajet posted:

oh boy the few times I've had to fill in running standup everyone always tells me "oh wow, that was fast and painless". The secret is to tell people to "table it" the instant they go off topic.

It's much better on my newer team but on my old team we used to have guys who loved to hold how smart they were over you. Our SM was way too passive aggressive to tell them to shut up.

Saying your status, and talking in more detail about stuff later is such a simple concept but it's incredibly hard for certain types of people to understand.

AnimeIsTrash fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 17, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

Guy who always asks if you're sure your estimate couldn't be faster

Didn't realize we had a manager joining the meeting.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

It was either in here or in the shsc terrible coworkers thread that I read about the guy who was naming all his variables after the women in the office

what on earth

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who positions his camera at the worst angle

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

host who whispers into his headset/phone the whole meeting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i still love the poster who accidentally sent his offer letter to hr & his boss instead of his resignation

respect

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

one of my meetings devolved into that when someone introduced us to my company's brand guide

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy whos 15 minutes late to start a meeting because he was playing dwarf fortress

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who says hello to anyone who joins the meeting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Guy who keeps on making a joke about how you couldn't make blazing saddles today because people would be too offended.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ADINSX posted:

I'm the guy in the meeting uncomfortable so many of his traits are showing up in the "types of peeps at meetings" thread

hello coworker

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

We used to play monopoly during an hour long weekly status meeting. :mrgw:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who has a meeting at 7:30 in the morning @_@

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Plorkyeran posted:

my slack status is "away" 95% of the day and it's just not a problem

:same:

If anyone asks I am VNC'd into one of our developer machines.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

go play outside Skyler posted:

guy who literally hosed during a meeting (but triple checked he was on mute)

that guys name?

albert einstein

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who starts presenting and forgets that webex double mutes him

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zlodo posted:

guy who rambles on and on during the daily standup about whatever architectural choice in the engine caused him grief the previous day

dude I'm the only other programmer in our tiny feature team and even i don't give a gently caress and everyone else in the meeting care even less, just say what you worked on and let's end this already

my cowkrers do this and derail every meeting by 10-20 minutes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who starts talking, goes to change his mic to a better one, and comes back and starts mumbling

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy whos computer updates right before a meeting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

guy who initiates all their computer updates during prime work hours and uses that as an excuse to why they cant be productive (my boss)

thats the way to do it tbh

i sometimes use the virus scanner as an excuse for not doing work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who gets really offended if you suggest we should meet over im instead of over webex