Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i'm gay liota

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Rayliotta Fagina

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I like when he freaks out at Seth Rogen in Observe and Report

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Is it pronounced "Lee-AUGHT-ah"? I always heard it pronounced "Lee-OAT-uh", but I wouldn't put it past him to mispronounce his own name à la Steve Buscemi.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Is it pronounced "Lee-AUGHT-ah"? I always heard it pronounced "Lee-OAT-uh", but I wouldn't put it past him to mispronounce his own name à la Steve Buscemi.

"Lee-otta"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

He was a fairly good actor who got stuck being semi-typecast. 67 is too early to go

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Did he ever not play an rear end in a top hat? Being typecast as a villain is one thing, but being specifically pegged as "the rear end in a top hat" would make me feel uncomfortable I think.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's weird that I know his name but I don't really remember him than anything other than Goodfellas. I saw Field of Dreams a lot as a kid but I was too young to actually know actors cause I was like 6

Nevermind that came out in 1989 I was 3 I probably just saw it later

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 26, 2022

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
awe poo poo yeah he wasn't an rear end in a top hat in field of dreams, unless i missed the part where he was racist to james earl jones or something.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've never seen goodfellas. i should watch it someday, but i'll need to avoid it for a while so nobody thinks i'm only doing it because an actor recently died.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

i've never seen goodfellas. i should watch it someday, but i'll need to avoid it for a while so nobody thinks i'm only doing it because an actor recently died.

I once wanted to be a Gangster.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

It's still a good movie. The laughing scene became a meme so it kind of tarnished it but even that scene is still good

https://youtu.be/r_DwZfyXAXI

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Watch Narc instead

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

There's nothing wrong with watching a movie because an actor in it recently died. Also nothing bad will happen if someone thinks you're watching a movie because an actor in it recently died.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Watch Copland. Criminally underrated flick.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Also nothing bad will happen if someone thinks you're watching a movie because an actor in it recently died.

What if I think you’re the reason they died and you killed them and, for you, watching their films is some weird kind of ritual or memento of the deed?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

it really is, goddamn. such a killer cast. stallone, liotta, harvey keitel, de niro, robert patrick, edie falco. the commentary on that flick is one the few i actually enjoy because stallone is so passionate about the project.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Did he go to heaven or Iowa?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's still a good movie. The laughing scene became a meme so it kind of tarnished it but even that scene is still good

https://youtu.be/r_DwZfyXAXI

Nobody’s laughing now :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can a movie bee so bad it kills?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Nobody’s laughing now :(

Low blow my dude 🥺

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Cancer posted:

Can a movie bee so bad it kills?

I mean everyone likes the Bee movie because it was really bad so I guess so

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What if I think you’re the reason they died and you killed them and, for you, watching their films is some weird kind of ritual or memento of the deed?

I did not consider that!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I like when he freaks out at Seth Rogen in Observe and Report

lmao great movie

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Was he the "I thought this would be funny but it's really just sad" guy because that bit was great.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Is Died in his sleep Hollywoodspeak for a "Overdosed" or "Did a David Carradine"? I can never keep up with the hip kid lingo.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Szyznyk posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
Happened to die the same year his 1994 film "No Escape'' is set in

It''s a mix of Lord of the Flies and Mad Max, with two groups of prisoners fighting on a free-for-all prison island and the message of privatization = bad idea

Oh, and his character was convicted for shooting his CO who had ordered him to kill innocent civilians in Benghazi in 2011

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Cosmic Web posted:

Happened to die the same year his 1994 film "No Escape'' is set in

It''s a mix of Lord of the Flies and Mad Max, with two groups of prisoners fighting on a free-for-all prison island and the message of privatization = bad idea

Oh, and his character was convicted for shooting his CO who had ordered him to kill innocent civilians in Benghazi in 2011

Hell yeah, also featuring Lance Henrisken

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R774IeK407g

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

He played a dieing alcoholic in an episode of ER and I remember it being extremely :smith:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Did he ever not play an rear end in a top hat? Being typecast as a villain is one thing, but being specifically pegged as "the rear end in a top hat" would make me feel uncomfortable I think.

Nah he was in a lot of things playing bit parts here and there. If you look at IMDB, you see he never was in anything really big except for a few mild hits in the early -mid 90s. Corrina, Corrina was supposed to be a hit but didn't do well.

Oh, he was also in Operation Dumbo Drop.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My favorite Ray Liotta role was the evil wizard in Uwe Boll's Dungeon Siege movie.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

My favorite Ray Liotta role was the evil wizard in Uwe Boll's Dungeon Siege movie.

lol he absolutely took that role to pay off a lawsuit or something

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

He was the only famous almuni of my high school that I could recognize.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Infidel Castro posted:

haljordan posted:

lol he absolutely took that role to pay off a lawsuit or something

My favorite part is how, at a glance, his outfit looks like it could have been leftover from one of his many crime movies. He looks like he just stumbled off the street and didn't have time to get into costume.

EDIT: I mean that's not an indictment of Liotta, it's just par for the course for Uwe Boll.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 26, 2022

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Bonzo posted:

Corrina, Corrina was supposed to be a hit but didn't do well.

Ah geez I forgot about this one, and yeah he actually made for a plausible friendly single father.

I'm also remembering he was a songwriter struggling to make a commercial jingle, and Whoopi Goldberg saved the day by suggesting the lyric "pudding" be changed to "puddin'."

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

He gets to live the rest of his afterlife like a schnook.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I mean wasn't like my favorite actor or anything, but I enjoyed him. lovely. :rip:

Lol, Cocaine Bear is in post production. I wonder if he plays played the bear

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14209916/

It's the story of the smugglers that dropped a load of cocaine and then a bear eats it, and has the time of it's life for like maybe an hour, then died.

Here's a story about the bear, that they stuffed, and it travelled all over
https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/cocaine-bear-the-true-story-of-a-bear-that-ate-70-pounds-of-cocaine/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

blight rhino posted:

I mean wasn't like my favorite actor or anything, but I enjoyed him. lovely. :rip:

Lol, Cocaine Bear is in post production. I wonder if he plays played the bear

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14209916/

It's the story of the smugglers that dropped a load of cocaine and then a bear eats it, and has the time of it's life for like maybe an hour, then died.

Here's a story about the bear, that they stuffed, and it travelled all over
https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/cocaine-bear-the-true-story-of-a-bear-that-ate-70-pounds-of-cocaine/

The best (very short) version of Cocaine Bear