Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
This OP is pretty out of date and has a lot of broken images/links, sorry if you found this after seeing the III-Initiative trailer or something. I'll be posting a new thread in May for 1.0 that fixes stuff!

V Rising is an isometric survival game about being strong as gently caress in a world full of poo poo, developed by Stunlock Studios . If you're a cool gamer that name probably rings some bells; they were the creators of PvP indie darlings Battlerite and Bloodline Champions, and they've taken the general systems of those games - WASD controls, skillshot-based combat, and even many abilities - and plopped them into a game where you punchscratch trees and suck blood.

Fair warning, this game is currently early access and while it offers a huge amount of content relative to its current price tag, some systems are more fleshed out than others (for example endgame currently is "start a new character or decorate your castle more") and I know some people don't like supporting EA games at all.

Twitter
V Rising on Steam
Public Discord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9aaaHhajv0

In V Rising you take the role of a titular Vampire, freshly reborn into a world that is actively trying to scrub you from history. 400 or so years ago you and yours ruled the world, but since then humanity has had the gall to develop things like "religion" and "a desire to not be hunted during the night" and have mostly driven the vampires off the map. But that's bogus so it's time to go out and kill some skeletons to fashion a crappy sword, build a sprawling castle fit for only the most hedonistic bloodsuckers, and get some danged revenge on the godhavers.

After a brief tutorial you are dropped into the wilderness and typical to the genre, you get your start by gathering resources from vegetation, rocks, animals, and the loathsome humans. Much less typical to the genre, you also have a rather fleshed out suite of abilities at your disposal from the get-go. Like in Battlerite, your character in V Rising has access to an attack on M1, but also a basic charged projectile, a counter, and a short range teleport-slash-heal-slash-buff. As you craft better weapons you'll also gain access to one and then later two new melee abilities based on the weapon type (of which there are 6 with more in the pipeline), as well as your choice of around 30 replacements for your projectile/teleport/counter and even an Ultimate ability. Again, if you've played Battlerite or BLC this will all sound very familiar.

Immediately you'll bump into one of V Rising's central survival mechanics, darkness:

As a vampire, the darkness is your ally and the light is your nemesis. The game features a day-night cycle but you aren't restricted to leaving your keep during the night, you just need to keep to the shadows during the day. Staying in direct sunlight for too long (around 3-4 seconds) will cause you to start taking significant damage very quickly, killing you from full health in just a few seconds. Knowing when it's safe to dip into the light briefly, how to lure your targets into a covered area, and where best to skulk during the day is a big part of not ending up as a well-done bat steak.

Once you've gathered some basic essentials the game guides you toward the first and most crucial part of your vampire ascension - building your Castle Heart. A Heart is a magical living energy source which powers your to-be empire, allowing you to construct your castle and everything in it. As a living thing though it requires a steady supply of blood (I'll leave it to you to figure out how best to procure this), but while sated it keeps the magic flowing and your walls fortified... kinda. We'll come back to that second part. Regardless, once you plop one down you are instructed on how to build basic walls and utilities, and guided further from there.

GamerTip: You are able to relocate your castle heart - and thus your entire castle - but it requires rebuilding everything. As such don't think of your first castle as a permanent dwelling and more as a temporary stronghold. You definitely can live in your starting castle forever, I did on my first play, but most people recommend relocating to one of the more central zones or contested resources later.

Now that you've established a base of operations it's time to start hunting bigger game...

Bosses are the primary PvE challenges of V Rising, and the main gate for unlocking new abilities, recipes, and structures. Slaying a boss allows you to draw out their V Blood, a unique blood type that grants you several of the aforementioned boons unique to that boss. One of the first structures you'll build is a Blood Altar which will show you a list of bosses recommended based on your current gear, as well as letting you track their scent to find them out in the world:

These encounters start off fairly basic, with the first half-dozen basically just being stronger versions of enemies you'd fight in the surrounding areas, possibly with one unique ability. It quickly ramps up though to fights with unique mechanics, gimmicks not unlike more complex MMO bosses, and more. In many cases the area you find the bosses in is itself hostile, requiring you to prep certain potions or other such things to not burn to a crisp from holy radiation. However, unlike MMO bosses these enemies do not have unique or even particularly valuable drops and you won't be farming them.

All enemies in PvE receive more and deal less damage based on your level relative to theirs, and this is most obvious with bosses - try to fight a boss 20 levels above your current gear and you'll find yourself hitting them for 2-5 damage a swing while getting two-shot in return. Come back 15 gear levels later and things will be much easier. That said, if you have the spirit of a real gamer and the patience to match, you can win practically any fight with enough skill at any level - just dodge their poo poo and hit your poo poo.

A note about bosses, the majority of them scale based on players in the vicinity. Sometimes this just results in stronger attacks or additional hits in a combo chain, but the most common manifestation is additional add summons. This can quickly get overwhelming, so consider if you really need to bring half the server along for a kill. At the very least you'll probably want to bring some significant AoE skills. Personally I find the bosses are most fun fought as a duo, but the world is your blood-filled oyster!

Your castle in V Rising is both your safe haven from the light and your center of automation. Like many survival games you begin with a rather meager fort - a crappy wooden coffin, some rickety stone grinders, a few walls, a workbench to make some better equipment, and not much else.

By killing bosses and finding recipes, you'll quickly be able to advance both your character as well as your keep, creating more elaborate structures and gaining access to new tools, including my personal favorite, the Vermin Nest (perfect for all your rat-summoning needs). Before long you'll be able to make elaborate throne rooms, hellish prisons, thematically-questionable automation chambers, and more.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BzE6qrS.png/img]

You'll also be able to construct additional chambers for your servants, enthralled humans who can both gather resources for you and keep your castle (somewhat) safe from any other meddling vampires. I highly recommend you invest in servants as quickly as you get access to them, I really neglected this part of the game initially and gathering resources became much more of a chore than it needed to be. Seriously, the sooner you gear your little dudes up, the better.

See how happy he is?

First off it should be noted that you are able to play on PvE servers which have zero PvP at all. If that's your preferred Gamer Flavour go for it! I personally think V Rising's PvP is a lot of fun both in terms of the actual mechanics of combat and what it adds to the survival gameplay loop, but you're no less a badass vampire overlord if you choose the path of the pacifist.

If you do choose to go after your fellow creatures of the night, you'll need to choose your server type - either "PvP", "Duo PvP", or "Full Loot PvP". Note that in all server types there is no friendly fire among clanmates.

In terms of combat itself, PvP in V Rising comes in two flavors, the typical world PvP you would expect, and sieges. In general gear does matter in PvP, though not to the extent it does in PvE. Basically if an item has stats on it - something like "+5% movement speed" or "+20 Health" it applies in PvP, but the actual gear level (which is what determines your damage dealt/taken from PvE enemies) doesn't matter at all. So you'll never have a situation like in PvE where you're just doing no damage and taking a ton, but there's a good chance the enemy has some more HP than you and their abilities may be recharging 10% faster or something similar.

Sounding like a broken record at this point, but if you're familiar with Stunlock's previous PvP offerings you'll feel immediately comfortable with V Rising's take on it. In fact you can practically recreate certain character's kits from Battlerite using the right weapon and spells if you feel so inclined! Unlike those games though PvP here takes place in an open world, often in hostile areas full of humans and sunlight that want to kill you as much as your opponents do. This can make things very exciting or very annoying depending on the type of player you are, so plan accordingly.

Sieges happen during specific hours of the day and involve crafting and summoning Siege Golems to bash against the walls of keeps, letting you inside to make a mess of their pots and pans. There isn't a lot to say about sieges, it's currently one of the more contentious systems in the game and will likely be tuned regularly until they get things where they want it to be. I'll probably update this section more once things settle down a bit and I have more experience with the system.

As mentioned above there are numerous types of servers, and private servers are also supported.

PvE: Exactly what you expect. No PvP whatsoever, including sieges. Clans support up to four players.
PvP: Clans still support up to four players. When you die, either via pvp or pve enemies (or most embarrassingly, sunlight), players are able to loot anything that isn't noted as "Blood-Bound" in your inventory. Typically this means your equipment (both currently equipped and things just stored in your inventory) is safe, but most everything else is fair game.
Duo PvP: Same as above, but clans are limited to two players.
Full Loot PvP: Same as PvP, except your blood-bound items can now be looted. In practice this basically means two things - if you beat someone they can't immediately respawn and kill you back a minute later (because they'll have to go home and get a new weapon first) and you will generally save your best equipment for special occasions, leaving it tucked away "safely" in your keep.

Private servers support a huge range of settings to mess with. Obvious options include PvP or PvE, but you can toggle a lot more including the length of day vs. night, the hours PvP and/or sieges are available, the availability of teleports, resource generation rates, gear durability, boss spawns, enemy difficulty, and much more.

Currently there is only a single goon private server but I'll be keeping a list of them if any more are created. If you find a private server you enjoy feel free to post it and I'll add it to the list of where people are playing.

Goon PvE Server Info / Thread

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
reserved for patch notes and anything else I care about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEcc4E2Hf_4

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 28, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
pity reply

I mean, good OP
e: no joke your OP has sold me on the game

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 28, 2022

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Great OP! I picked this up the other night but have only made it as far as building my first temp castle. How’s the controller support?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Retrowave Joe posted:

Great OP! I picked this up the other night but have only made it as far as building my first temp castle. How’s the controller support?

Currently, nonexistent. I've seen some people in the official discord say they've rigged something up but I wouldn't count on any official support anytime soon unfortunately.

Also if anyone is thinking about wanting to make a pvp server let me know, I have some ideas for settings I'd like to try try out. Otherwise I'm about at """endgame""" on my current server so I'll probably bounce to a new one next week.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm just about to break into the third zone and I'm excited to get owned. Spent time getting frustrated trying to murder Tristan but after some gear upgrades I clowned him and 2 other bosses in a single night. Fire hurts a lot by the way. gently caress those militia longbows!

If anyone ever has the drive to host a goon pvp server (any flavor) I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the OP!

My group has been playing on a dedicated server since launch and it's been great fun. The boss scaling seems off so encounters have been 1-2 man max since. Removing the teleport restriction with crafting items and making the stack size to 1000 have been good tweaks on server settings.

I feel like the game has the right balance on upping the difficulty the moment you start to feel overpowered to your current level. Whenever you start a new region (you feel this especially on the T3 regions) you feel like a weak vampire baby and everything is murdering you.

Save EVERYTHING! You need lots of early stuff later for later recipes. Especially bone. Save bones!

Here's my go-to skills:

Chaos Volley: I think this never left my bar after I got it. It's just that good. Even boringly so. Mainstay of every encounter.

Sanguine coil: Cheap, spammable projectile that heals you.

Ward of the Damned: For when you need to take aggro away from you and get some helpers. Use it right and you get plenty of skeleton buddies to take aggro and give you a much needed breather in a bossfight. Works also well against fire archers.

Elites are actually more hit and miss. I did use Chaos barrage to open a fight, and Spectral guardian for harder boss encounters. Heart strike is insanely good, though, open with it in a group and everything will explode a moment later.

As for weapons, I like the reaper. Ever since I got it, I never used any other weapons for combat. Just remember that it works really well as a supplement for magic builds! In many ways, it's almost a ranged weapon.

e: Yeah, I have no experience on actual PVP servers, ours is PVP in name but more co-op.

Welcome to my abode.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 28, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS CALLED V RISING NOT SUN RISING

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I will say that the "save everything" mindset is a good way to have a bad time on pvp servers - the first time I got sieged and lost shelves full of old resources it felt awful before realizing I was just hoarding for hoarding's sake. Once you get servants online you can very easily obtain large quantities of older mats.

Though again, this only applies to pvp servers, and only the ones with sieges enabled.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Good OP!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The boss scaling is weird. Take the druid lady. Solo, she'll summon one butterfly sometimes. 2 man, she'll summon 2 or so. With 3 people, she summons like 4 and won't stop and at once there are 8 and it's a bullet hell all of a sudden.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SettingSun posted:

The boss scaling is weird. Take the druid lady. Solo, she'll summon one butterfly sometimes. 2 man, she'll summon 2 or so. With 3 people, she summons like 4 and won't stop and suddenly there are 8 and it's a bullet hell all of a sudden.

That was the boss we simply couldn't do with 4 people (Feywalker) but solo it was perfectly fine for everyone.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

TeaJay posted:

Thanks for the OP!

My group has been playing on a dedicated server since launch and it's been great fun. The boss scaling seems off so encounters have been 1-2 man max since. Removing the teleport restriction with crafting items and making the stack size to 1000 have been good tweaks on server settings.

I feel like the game has the right balance on upping the difficulty the moment you start to feel overpowered to your current level. Whenever you start a new region (you feel this especially on the T3 regions) you feel like a weak vampire baby and everything is murdering you.

Save EVERYTHING! You need lots of early stuff later for later recipes. Especially bone. Save bones!

Here's my go-to skills:

Chaos Volley: I think this never left my bar after I got it. It's just that good. Even boringly so. Mainstay of every encounter.

Sanguine coil: Cheap, spammable projectile that heals you.

Ward of the Damned: For when you need to take aggro away from you and get some helpers. Use it right and you get plenty of skeleton buddies to take aggro and give you a much needed breather in a bossfight. Works also well against fire archers.

Elites are actually more hit and miss. I did use Chaos barrage to open a fight, and Spectral guardian for harder boss encounters. Heart strike is insanely good, though, open with it in a group and everything will explode a moment later.

As for weapons, I like the reaper. Ever since I got it, I never used any other weapons for combat. Just remember that it works really well as a supplement for magic builds! In many ways, it's almost a ranged weapon.

I agree with your assessments here. I used these skills for all the bosses of the game.

I think Chaos Volley is extremely broken and will probably get nerfed in a future patch. Especially on pvp severs you will never find a player that doesn’t have it on their bar.

Ward of the Damned is the other really good ability necessary for boss fights. It blocks all attacks in direction you are facing and summons a friendly skeleton for each time the shield is hit in the 2 seconds it’s up. That means if you’re fighting a boss that poops out multiple projectiles or swings multiple times, you are getting multiple skeleton allies. They usually die in a hit or two, but are invaluable at taking aggro off of you for enough time to possibly get your dodge back.

Also the weapon I have been using even two tiers below the top tier of weapons is the “unique” General’s Soul Reaper that drops from one of the Undead Generals. I believe it is currently the only weapon in the game that has added bonuses on top of the crafted stats and the blueprint can only be obtained as a drop. It adds 6 spell power and an additional 5% spell crit chance.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ihatepants posted:

Also the weapon I have been using even two tiers below the top tier of weapons is the unique Generals Soul Reaper that drops from one of the Undead Generals. I believe it is currently the only weapon in the game that has added bonuses on top of the crafted stats and the blueprint can only be obtained as a drop. It adds 6 spell power and an additional 5% spell crit chance.

One thing I'd like for sure is more unique drops from mobs. Weapons, armor, jewellery. General's soul reaper seems like it's the only one.

So far no one seems to know anything about future content or anything about a roadmap of any sorts. All we know is that there is already one area on the map you can't go to yet and the ruined area in the center (which is rumoured to be Dracula's castle).

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I ... really wish this game had some kind of random-roll gear and randomized dungeoning system. Basically, I want more Diablo. As is, it feels like PvE is really railroady. I'm like 8 hours in with a couple buddies. Do I have the wrong assessment? Does it change later?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

my v keeps rising

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

my v keeps rising

can you BELIEVE the stunlock community rep wouldn't give me a beta key despite my excellent Battlerite thread OPs

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Op op, Op.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
A+ op! Still enjoying this so far in coop

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I chose a random PvE server with the standard game settings and never looked back. I like the challenge of having to manage inventory and such, but can see how a lot of people would be put off by it. I'm an old-school gamer at heart.

I have killed all of the bosses and am now just waiting to see where they go from here and grinding out scrolls for the last few recipes I need. Paper and schematics are both so much easier to get it seems, which I think is a bit strange since schematics are the top tier research material.

The owners say they will switch the server to PvP once the game is more fleshed out but I think I have plenty of time to fortify my base, I already have a few fully geared end game servants, but need to find more. Finding the 100% paladin and light priestesses (can't remember their real name, the ones that teleport all over the place) is going to be the real challenge. I also think they need some system to let your servants train up, so you aren't just stuck with them at the base level you get them at forever.

Thank you for listening to my random ramblings about this fun vampire game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

deathbagel posted:

I chose a random PvE server with the standard game settings and never looked back. I like the challenge of having to manage inventory and such, but can see how a lot of people would be put off by it. I'm an old-school gamer at heart.

I have killed all of the bosses and am now just waiting to see where they go from here and grinding out scrolls for the last few recipes I need. Paper and schematics are both so much easier to get it seems, which I think is a bit strange since schematics are the top tier research material.

The owners say they will switch the server to PvP once the game is more fleshed out but I think I have plenty of time to fortify my base, I already have a few fully geared end game servants, but need to find more. Finding the 100% paladin and light priestesses (can't remember their real name, the ones that teleport all over the place) is going to be the real challenge. I also think they need some system to let your servants train up, so you aren't just stuck with them at the base level you get them at forever.

Thank you for listening to my random ramblings about this fun vampire game.

I'm interested to hear how it works out once they transition from PvE to PvP, especially with no wipes, keep us posted! For me a lot of the fun of the game is the journey rather than the destination and I think V Rising as it currently is lends itself better to frequent server resets (or bouncing to new servers), I imagine it'll be a very different experience flipping the PvP switch once everyone is already BIS and there's an established community.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

This is the first camping simulator I've enjoyed, but as a lapsed Goth I might be weak to the vampire theming.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZearothK posted:

This is the first camping simulator I've enjoyed, but as a lapsed Goth I might be weak to the vampire theming.

For me it's 100% the controls and the shadows/darkness mechanic, the precision of WASD is great for a game like this and really makes combat much more interesting and dynamic than a lot of survival games. And some of my best memories are skulking around a human encampment without realizing the time and suddenly it's daylight and I go from being the hunter to the hunted while I play The Floor is Lava and try to dodge flaming arrows.

Also a protip about servants, if you know you won't be playing for the rest of the day (or not going into a high level area) when you send them off, give one of them your best gear. You aren't using it, it doesn't take durability damage while on a servant, and it'll let them go to much higher level zones for resources. Also in case you didn't know servants ignore gear condition entirely, so rather than repair broken gear just make yourself a new set and give your broken one to a servant!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I got 50 hours of fun on a 3x PVE server for $20. I went through most of the available PVE content and I want more. I am thinking about playing the game even though I am essentially done with the game. The server I played on had increased stack sizes along with the increased rates so it wasn't a huge slog to get my own materials solo. There was usually around 15 players on primetime, not sure how many unique players but with up to 3 castle hearts per player the server was starting to have problems running out of buildable space.

I can see how PVP could add more to the game but I'm still vastly more interested in the PVE. My favorite moments were when I would be out doing my own thing and I'd run into another player, then a wandering boss would run into us. The chaos of all the enemy patrols and battles going so long night turns to day were super fun.

Pipe dreams would be procgenned maps so you can't just use an interactive map to find everything and keep the blood tracking mechanic relevant. Also heavy modding support. So far what's there is great and I really really really just want there to be more of it for me to play through. I'd take rare drop boss farming too so I had a reason to help people beyond its own sake.

The game's strongest points are its combat and cool vampire setting. I was really excited to see Stunlock's take on a PVE experience and it did not disappoint. The perspective in a survival game is great for base building as well.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 28, 2022

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I really like how Sunlight feels dangerous and moving around in it creates a lot of risk, but it never outright makes escaping from a bad situation impossible. They did a great job of making it a threat without it being oppressive.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is it worth it trying to obtain high blood strength servants, or should I just go with large quantities of weaker ones?
(I have their equipment all ready to go, but recruitment is slow)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The structure really reminds me of Rust. You just kinda climb a pvp ladder one rung at a time and sometimes you bump into some one, murder them, and get out with THE BAG.

I really need to lab out how much it takes to make a Palisade 1X2 to just lock up someone's loot on site.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

Is it worth it trying to obtain high blood strength servants, or should I just go with large quantities of weaker ones?

Not toocuh, you find a 100% you need them in a prison cell. I ignored prisons too long and it totally changes the game.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Not toocuh, you find a 100% you need them in a prison cell. I ignored prisons too long and it totally changes the game.

Do prisons let you constantly drain without killing enemies? I kinda skipped the boss that unlocked them and he remains the only one i havent killed yet.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ihatepants posted:

Do prisons let you constantly drain without killing enemies? I kinda skipped the boss that unlocked them and he remains the only one i havent killed yet.

Yes you fill jars with their blood that you can drink at any time, you then feed them fish/rats do you can drain them again. You can walk around with 100% blood on tap basically.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's morbin time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Lone Badger posted:

I'll let you decide for yourself:

Expertise is a modifier that changes how much gear impacts your servant's strength. So for instance, if you had a 50% Quality servant with 10% Expertise and gave them gear that increased their strength by 100, it'd increase it by 110 instead. Another weird quirk about Expertise is that it seems to reroll a new value every time that servant dies, so that 50% Quality servant may only have 6% Expertise, die on a hunt, then suddenly have 10% the next time you resurrect them.

In terms of gathering resources, it's mostly important in the mid game. Late game you will probably have easy enough access to really good gear to brute force the hardest gathering orders, and at low level you just likely aren't going to have access to decent blood quality with any sort of regularity. For me personally it wasn't worth it by the time I started leaning into servants more, but I think my next game I'm going to be more particular. You're probably still going to get more value out of matching the correct "reduce the mission difficulty" perks but every bit helps of course, especially if you're doing frequent shorter missions instead of leaning on the 16-23 hour ones.

For defending your base during sieges, the type of servant is much more influential than their expertise, but I'd say expertise is more important here than with gathering since half their purpose is just being a huge sack of hitpoints.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Anyone know how I can enable teleporting with resources on a dedicated server? I tried setting TeleportBoundItems to false in the config and it still gives me the message that I can't teleport with resources. I verified the loaded configuration in the server logs which shows the change I made so I know it's the right file at least. Is it one of the other settings? None seem to be obviously related.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

socialsecurity posted:

Yes you fill jars with their blood that you can drink at any time, you then feed them fish/rats do you can drain them again. You can walk around with 100% blood on tap basically.

I'm curious how they move forward with fishing, I think it was very deliberately kept a pain in the rear end to make keeping your blood-humans more of a chore or liability, but basically everyone I see talk about it hates the system for exactly that reason.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I assume Misery will eventually rise to the point that feeding has a chance to deal 100% damage? Otherwise I can just cram rats into them forever.

Also which tech level are Prison floors in?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bought the game for the missus, but it won't let her connect to anything or even play in offline mode, it just says failed to connect - known issue?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

VegasGoat posted:

Anyone know how I can enable teleporting with resources on a dedicated server? I tried setting TeleportBoundItems to false in the config and it still gives me the message that I can't teleport with resources. I verified the loaded configuration in the server logs which shows the change I made so I know it's the right file at least. Is it one of the other settings? None seem to be obviously related.

That is the correct setting.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Diephoon posted:

I got 50 hours of fun on a 3x PVE server for $20. I went through most of the available PVE content and I want more. I am thinking about playing the game even though I am essentially done with the game. The server I played on had increased stack sizes along with the increased rates so it wasn't a huge slog to get my own materials solo. There was usually around 15 players on primetime, not sure how many unique players but with up to 3 castle hearts per player the server was starting to have problems running out of buildable space.

I can see how PVP could add more to the game but I'm still vastly more interested in the PVE. My favorite moments were when I would be out doing my own thing and I'd run into another player, then a wandering boss would run into us. The chaos of all the enemy patrols and battles going so long night turns to day were super fun.

Pipe dreams would be procgenned maps so you can't just use an interactive map to find everything and keep the blood tracking mechanic relevant. Also heavy modding support. So far what's there is great and I really really really just want there to be more of it for me to play through. I'd take rare drop boss farming too so I had a reason to help people beyond its own sake.

The game's strongest points are its combat and cool vampire setting. I was really excited to see Stunlock's take on a PVE experience and it did not disappoint. The perspective in a survival game is great for base building as well.

Strongly vibe with everything here. They have a fantastic foundation (and a good game for $20). I’d love a larger PvE game with the same combat system or a full arpg. I like everything V Rising had to offer but just feel done now. PvP is fun and I finished it on an official PvP server but other than fighting for relics, there’s not much point. The small servers and lack of larger community or progression don’t incentivize it either. I’d love to play more but it’s done.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

I assume Misery will eventually rise to the point that feeding has a chance to deal 100% damage? Otherwise I can just cram rats into them forever.

Also which tech level are Prison floors in?

Prison floors are 3rd tier. So you need schematics from Silverlight. I'm doing alright around 100% misery with prison floors so they seem like a must have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tithin posted:

Bought the game for the missus, but it won't let her connect to anything or even play in offline mode, it just says failed to connect - known issue?

Not sure, unfortunately asking some folk and they all say it may be a port forwarding issue. I don't have any idea personally though.