Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks for the thread count!

I can help on your sheet for thralls, I have a 97% paladin that's 14-25% expertise

My current project is trying to "optimize" them as best I can, both in role and roll. I looked at the missions I am most likely to do for various reasons and settled on 3 Rogue, 2 Warrior and Worker, 1 Scholar and Brute being the "optimal" setup but ymmv. Getting quality Scholars is a pain, of course.

Last night I got a 100% Brute and Worker for my prison to join the Warrior I've had for a while. I've actually accidentally killed two 100% rogues and it's just pure pain.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Thanks, though it's stolen from the discord's Tutorials tab. There's actually a good amount of useful info there and people are pretty quick to answer questions, though like any public discord for a game this popular it's an absolute cesspool to actually read (not due to bigotry reasons, just constant weird opinions being argued about).

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Countblanc posted:

can you BELIEVE the stunlock community rep wouldn't give me a beta key despite my excellent Battlerite thread OPs

shoulda said you were a content creator

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
This is actually a very nice game? It's like if you took Valheim and Diablo and smooshed them together, and also had a bit of The Sims for building your own lovely castle estate. 100% worth the price point at this point in time, looking forward to future updates!

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

How exactly is trading supposed to work? I get the idea in theory - you grab some silver coins, shift to human form, and then talk to a merchant. Except human form breaks if you take damage, and carrying silver coins causes damage over time. I want to buy Gavin's fancy hat but I can't figure out how - it costs 200 silver coins, which is 31 stacks of silver poisoning. Even using silver resist potions and wearing the phantom veil only reduced the amount of damage taken, it doesn't actually stop you from taking damage. I know gear level has an effect too but I'm gear level 70 and still taking double digit damage from that amount of silver.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In my head I see a good pvp server doing something akin to seasons with a clan scoreboard: resets on a fixed interval and each time tweak some settings. This season, sunlight is ultra deadly and daytime last 18 hours. This season is ultimate chaos: 24/7 full loot with untethered castle seizure/destruction. The game is already right now a race to see who can become King Dracula with all the soul shards, might as well lean into it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sesquiculus posted:

How exactly is trading supposed to work? I get the idea in theory - you grab some silver coins, shift to human form, and then talk to a merchant. Except human form breaks if you take damage, and carrying silver coins causes damage over time. I want to buy Gavin's fancy hat but I can't figure out how - it costs 200 silver coins, which is 31 stacks of silver poisoning. Even using silver resist potions and wearing the phantom veil only reduced the amount of damage taken, it doesn't actually stop you from taking damage. I know gear level has an effect too but I'm gear level 70 and still taking double digit damage from that amount of silver.

you need the second silver resist potion for that many coins

also you can leave the silver in their inventory then go back and bring more, which is how I ended up with this sweet hat

if you have a friend you can also each carry an amount and then put it in the merchant's inventory together until there's enough to buy what you want

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Aha, thank you. I didn't realize there was a better version of the silver resist potion.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do I hang out in Rat form until I spot the merchant, then approach in human?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
He just needs to not be aggroed when you switch and approach. You can run up, de-aggro and then haggle no problem. Much easier with the 3rd tier merchant who you can just fly to since he stays in the same spot. No searching required.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Is this game decently fun solo / offline? I'm not a big mmo or playing with others kind of person due to having kids and having limited play time.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Disappointing Pie posted:

Is this game decently fun solo / offline? I'm not a big mmo or playing with others kind of person due to having kids and having limited play time.

Yeah, been doing alright. I would highly suggest hopping on a pve server rather than rolling your own instances. This is a no pause game either way, but a day/night cycle is a slice of time that feels alright for like nap time or whatever.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Sesquiculus posted:

Aha, thank you. I didn't realize there was a better version of the silver resist potion.

You might also need the winged horror soul shard if the potion doesn’t give enough silver resist.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Looks like Reddit is doing a weekly post for advertising servers, if you're looking for something specific it might be worth checking out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vrising/comments/uxr90b/weekly_server_recruitment_megathread_25th_may_2022/

Unfortunately it's sort of a pain in the rear end to actually search.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
game makes a couple of misteps but is still fun enough with friends

there is basically no reason to not run chaos bolt and sanguine coil at all times tho, which sucks given bosses giving you abilities is most of the carrot

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The unholy shield is kinda nice, skeltals make nice distractions.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Is there a particular reason why I can't send my servant nun on missions? She straight up isn't on the dispatch list.

Edit: Also holy poo poo I suddenly need way too much scourgestone.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 29, 2022

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I wish you could take servants along with you to Bossfights. Also the game does a good job at showing how terrible vampires are. Sun garlic and silver kills you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SettingSun posted:

Is there a particular reason why I can't send my servant nun on missions? She straight up isn't on the dispatch list.

If she died on her previous mission you need to resurrect her first.

Gamerofthegame posted:

game makes a couple of misteps but is still fun enough with friends

there is basically no reason to not run chaos bolt and sanguine coil at all times tho, which sucks given bosses giving you abilities is most of the carrot

idr which one Sanguine Coil is but I've been having fun with the illusion counter that refreshes your q and the charge that also heals you for every enemy you hit

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can confirm that this forest is indeed cursed.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

IcePhoenix posted:

idr which one Sanguine Coil is but I've been having fun with the illusion counter that refreshes your q and the charge that also heals you for every enemy you hit

sanguine coil is the blood orb that charges up to a total of three orbs, does lifesteal on hit and can heal allies a significant chunk when hit

which is easier said then done because my friends noodle around like assholes only dodging me and not the boss

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I wish. Here she is quite alive

But not able to dispatch

I'm about to release her from service to recruit another to try and figure this out.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Is it at another castle? Each castle has to have its own throne to send out that castles servants.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Schematic grind is terrible. I've found 2 recipe drops from that tier and both were dupes for the first random I got

Even with increased drop rates I'll only end up with one or two random researchs per full clear of the places those drop at

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I caught a prisoner that I was planning to use as a minor upgrade to one of my thralls but then realized that his bonus zone would suck because I caught him outside my house so I decided to do some science and kept feeding him back to full health to see how long it would take to oneshot him.

He died on this succ, but it made the splortch sound from when you get a high roll on the damage so he might have had one or two more in him if the roll was lower.

e: it was, fittingly, 13 vials of blood

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 30, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
RIP to a real one

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

SettingSun posted:

I wish. Here she is quite alive

But not able to dispatch

I'm about to release her from service to recruit another to try and figure this out.

I had a similar issue and found out that my throne was too far away from 2 of the coffins I had, so those two servants didn't show on the list. I moved my throne into the room right next to the crypt and I could select them all.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Any recommended server rental companies?

If it's just me and my friends, does PVP even matter? I guess it would give them the chance to attack if they wanted.

Do we all just share a castle? In Valheim we had multiple settlements as we moved around biomes, but everything was shared.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Game is good, first week was really fun. Hope they add convenience poo poo with the first patch like wipe date on server browser. And a way to duel your clanmates would be great. Let us create an arena inside our castle garden and deathmatch for who gets access to repair mats

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KingKapalone posted:

If it's just me and my friends, does PVP even matter? I guess it would give them the chance to attack if they wanted.

Do we all just share a castle? In Valheim we had multiple settlements as we moved around biomes, but everything was shared.

If you're in a clan everything is shared yeah. You still have ownership of the castle if you're the one that placed the heart but I think other clanmates can still just build in it if they want to.

e: you can all build different castles if you want though

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 30, 2022

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

KingKapalone posted:

Friendly fire is a concern whether the server is PVE or PVP. In PVE you won't damage each other but you're still prone to slows, knockbacks, pushes, etc. I had a player accidentally push me with the chaos charge ult into the ice behemoth boss and I got one-shotted :v:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

If you're in a clan everything is shared yeah. You still have ownership of the castle if you're the one that placed the heart but I think other clanmates can still just build in it if they want to.

e: you can all build different castles if you want though

Is research shared? That's the main grind bottleneck in my experience.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Lone Badger posted:

Any player in a clan can add to a research table/study/etc., and then anyone else in the clan can go to the table and obtain the research.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Lone Badger posted:

Everything except v blood and unique recipes like generals soul reaper.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I went with ValHost.net. I've seen a number of recommended tweaks to the settings. Any consensus on a few to change?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KingKapalone posted:

Game is structured like Valheim in that biomes correspond directly with gear/resource tier. It is necessary to have a foothold in each, less necessary for every foothold to have everything. Everyone can and should make a lil vamp shack. Progression wise you should aim for 9 squares for a single refiner vamp shack. About 21-60 squares for a communal minimum.

1X2s Palisades are mean disposable pvp tools because that's enough space for a loot box and a wood coffin. You win a pvp match and he comes back to see that he can either voice chat or hoof it back to get explosives. I need to know if bear can destroy palisade gates...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Can you just build 1x2s anywhere? I assumed you could only build palisades in areas you've marked as your territory (and thus are near your castle heart)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, one square castle heart. I feel like I put up palisade on the edge of that guy in testing but I could be wrong.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

deathbagel posted:

I had a similar issue and found out that my throne was too far away from 2 of the coffins I had, so those two servants didn't show on the list. I moved my throne into the room right next to the crypt and I could select them all.

lmao this was the problem. I moved her coffin to the other side of the room and lo and behold she can be dispatched. Good thing to document somewhere for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Neat thread and OP! Thanks for posting. I've been playing with my partner and a few other people doing their own thing. We're around 64 right now. Does anyone have the stats on a level 4 castle heart? I'm curious how many more tiles we can drop once we upgrade.