Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

you cap at 250 on a level 4 heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

you cap at 250 on a level 4 heart

Sick, thanks. That should be enough for us to cover the remaining area.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can change the number of tiles and servant coffins in the server settings if you want to.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Has anyone found a use for the frog on a PVE server? Cause it seems kinda useless to me.

Other than that though I am absolutely loving this game. Gives me that old school blood omen vibe.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
New blog post

https://blog.stunlock.com/one-million-rising/

Nothing super new, just them reflecting on the early, unexpected success. Also noting again that their immediate goal is balancing and bug fixes, and larger content additions or changes are going to be based off feedback

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone had this happen?

I killed the Gorecrusher and was transporting a soul shard to my keep, then had to take a break and left my character at a friend's castle. When I returned, I still have the shard debuff, but the actual item is gone from my inventory.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

swordfish duelist posted:

Has anyone found a use for the frog on a PVE server? Cause it seems kinda useless to me.

Other than that though I am absolutely loving this game. Gives me that old school blood omen vibe.

There are a few areas that might spawn fishing spots you need it to reach, and being able to jump across ponds instead of walk around can save you a bit of time. Other than that, not really 95% of frog gameplay is hopping into poorly built bases and taking their gems

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Frog Form definitely feels like it was added more for flavor than anything else, same with Human Form. Which is fine, there's a ton of bosses and every single one can't have a gamechanger, but yeah.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
a couple of boss arenas have backdoor exits that are drop downs that I believe you can frog up to to bypass the mini-dungeon when you're farming

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This is a really cool little game. I'm a little bummed that the server I started off on seems to have depopulated, though -- it shows as "crowded" but I don't think I've ever seen more than 6 or 7 people online at once. I suppose that's just the nature of games like this but while i'm enjoying playing mostly-solo, I'm wrapping up the first region and can count the number of times I've run into another player on hand. I don't mind starting on a fresh server and I think I could advance back to where I am now pretty quickly, but if I did that and the server just died off again I'd probably get a little annoyed

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I believe until they massage longevity with updates geared towards endgame it is in every player's interest to either server hop to a fresh server or have their server do frequent wipes.

Did anyone mention that servant missions are godawful in private servers?

Shorter missions both giving fewer rewards AND high possibility of injury is incredibly punishing. It would be easier and faster to terminate this servant and replace them than it would be to wait this out.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

KirbyKhan posted:

I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS CALLED V RISING NOT SUN RISING
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
MORNING
TO HAVE
A CURSE.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

SettingSun posted:

I believe until they massage longevity with updates geared towards endgame it is in every player's interest to either server hop to a fresh server or have their server do frequent wipes.

Did anyone mention that servant missions are godawful in private servers?

Shorter missions both giving fewer rewards AND high possibility of injury is incredibly punishing. It would be easier and faster to terminate this servant and replace them than it would be to wait this out.

Quick note, but that's not a normal injury from what i've seen. Most likely your dude got a bad injury (there are degrees of severity it seems) and that hosed it up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
A cool change for Frog Form could be to give it a tongue grapple that pulls loot or enemies closer and inflicts a short fading snare. Nothing insane but it'd be fun to mess with and probably have some use with approaching enemy camps during awkward daylight hours.

SettingSun posted:

Agreed. This game, as it currently exists, is way more about the journey than the destination. Which isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea but the game flow is just much stronger when you have constant goals and players bumping up against each other more often.

Similarly I've been thinking about servants and their role in game and I think they exist in a weird spot right now. Currently they bring back SO much stuff at endgame, but you're highly discouraged from hoarding things due to sieges being so destructive. So maybe that makes sense because you need a way to recover quickly, but then why make sieges offer such great looting opportunities? I sorta feel like the intention was to make sieges a way for mid-tier players to progress rapidly by raiding high tiered ones - raiding offline players is super easy (for obvious reasons) and the payoff is huge, but I think if that's the intention it needs to be looked at a bit more closely.

Also I made a post about how HP works in the suggestions thread, any thoughts?

quote:

Currently a gear level 20 character will have ~200 HP and a gear level 70 will have 400+. This is a radical difference and makes world PvP feel fruitless or annoying if you're on the lower end (and makes it feel trivial on the higher). Obviously 20 vs 70 is a pretty drastic example but even a ~20 level difference results in a 50% difference in health depending on the gear in question. And this ignores any other bonuses from gear, though right now that's only really on the weapon and accessory slots.

My suggestion would be to remove HP entirely from gear and to rebalance how gear level influences damage taken in PvE to roughly equal out to where things are currently - ie. if you currently have 400 HP and get hit for 40 damage from appropriate-level mobs at level 70, in the new system you'd still have 200 HP at level 70 but get hit for 20 by those same enemies.

Gear would still be useful in PvP for a few reasons, like (1) PvE enemies who aggro you during fights would deal way less damage to a high level player than a low level one and (2) you'd still have other bonuses from your gear [and presumably we'll get more gear with unique effects in future updates]. Also a player with access to stronger gear would obviously also have access to the things that provides like a wider range of spells, stronger weapons, etc..

I feel this change would do a lot to incentivize fighting back when jumped in PvP by a higher level player rather than simply trying to escape - as things are basically no one will fight a skull (for good reason!) so the only interaction you'll get is people trying to run away or chasing each other.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Half the reason people play games with gear is so they can poopsock and poo poo on people at a lower power level, so i'm not sure it'd be popular.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2EOLyn6-4

I am greatly enjoying being an insanely hammy vampire lady and going "Night falls soon sisters, and we must hunt!" and stuff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone know how I get thralls with the cursed forest buff?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone know how I get thralls with the cursed forest buff?

You can find humans in the spider nest in the northeast part of the zone, randomly encased in the cocoons/eggs. They're always Workers and it's a herculean task getting them out safely, but it's possible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was afraid that was the answer. Probably not worth it then outside of doing it as a flex.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Archonex posted:

Quick note, but that's not a normal injury from what i've seen. Most likely your dude got a bad injury (there are degrees of severity it seems) and that hosed it up.

No, as far as I can tell severe injuries just have a lower chance of occurring. This servant was completely uninjured and had a gear level of 70 when I sent them out:

It makes the servant system completely useless if you're playing solo, since you can't use the longer missions (because it uses in-game time not real time) and the shortest mission type massively reduces the amount of resources you get and gives you something like a 30% chance of injury on top of that. You're much better off just adjusting the server values to increase the drop rates and gather everything yourself. Hopefully it's something they will address soon.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009
You can adjust the multiplier on the missions as well.

code:
"DropTableModifier_Missions": 1.0,
I have mine set to 3 on my solo game.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Sesquiculus posted:

It makes the servant system completely useless if you're playing solo, since you can't use the longer missions (because it uses in-game time not real time) and the shortest mission type massively reduces the amount of resources you get and gives you something like a 30% chance of injury on top of that. You're much better off just adjusting the server values to increase the drop rates and gather everything yourself. Hopefully it's something they will address soon.

I definitely wouldn’t mind a true solo mode, where the hunts/forges/whatever still progress when the game is closed. I played solo until i unlocked the hunts and realised they had like 24 hour timers.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My next true solo game I'll probably just host a dedicated server locally, depending on how resource intensive it is.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
The final boss is some "Going into the last chapter and the fight against Diablo blind." from vanilla D2 levels of insanity.

Mechanics and lore stuff:

If you gently caress up the pattern even once he just fucks you up and it's all over. At multiple points he requests loving divine intervention from heaven and gets it in spades, including the skies opening up at one point and disgorging boss strength angels to protect him which you have to kill.

The game basically just goes for broke after being largely mundane with low level fantasy character types and escalates the conflict between humanity and the vampires into some sort of epic biblical tier showdown with heaven throwing their weight into the fight along with the guy you're fighting. The latter of which if you read the lore turns out to be an immortal paladin/the in setting version of a super hero from the age of heroes and monsters that was shown in the opening cinematic

Ms Adequate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2EOLyn6-4

I am greatly enjoying being an insanely hammy vampire lady and going "Night falls soon sisters, and we must hunt!" and stuff.

:drac:

As a side note, man, the orchestral version of that goes hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWeiocb_okE

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 31, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat I was looking forward to going into that boss blind and getting hosed up

Archonex
May 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

drat I was looking forward to going into that boss blind and getting hosed up

Honestly, given the difficulty of it folks should appreciate me marveling at how over the top it gets.

There's already people trying to do guides for it.

Spoilers for the last few bosses. All of them are intense slug fests where you'll wipe the first few times you do it as you learn the mechanics. So don't do what I did and drop a bunch of absurd pots the first time before going in.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 31, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think people will appreciate it on a game that's only a week old, no

Archonex
May 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think people will appreciate it on a game that's only a week old, no

Seeing as how I didn't originally say anything about the mechanics and just said "Hey this kicks rear end." with no details it should have been fine. So I edited it with even more spoilers, but as a catch i'm putting mechanics behind the second part too for people who want to know what they're getting into.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 31, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Speaking of lore/setting I like how the game loosely establishes a little bit of its own fantasy world and then goes "Oh but there's still specifically a guy named Dracula." -- it's kind of charming lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Archonex posted:

Seeing as how I didn't originally say anything about the mechanics and just said "Hey this kicks rear end." with no details it should have been fine. So I edited it with even more spoilers, but as a catch i'm putting mechanics behind the second part too for people who want to know what they're getting into.

you mentioned that he has three phases which feels like a pretty big deal!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

you mentioned that he has three phases which feels like a pretty big deal!

He doesn't even potentially have that many. He can in fact have more depending on what you take note of and how you approach the fight. So no, it's not a big deal. It's a variable fight that adapts to how you play it, along with how good you are at it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I ain't hovering over no spoilers. I'm still crawling through the Cursed Forest!

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I modified the rate for refining on my server so that wood would turn into planks faster, but that also makes blood essence and bones drain faster in the heart and braziers. Is there a way to just make the crafting faster?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

goferchan posted:

Speaking of lore/setting I like how the game loosely establishes a little bit of its own fantasy world and then goes "Oh but there's still specifically a guy named Dracula." -- it's kind of charming lol

It's funny yeah. I know people are speculating the currently off-limits middle portion of the map is Mr. Cula's Castle and possibly some sort of endgame grind spot, that'd be cool.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

It's funny yeah. I know people are speculating the currently off-limits middle portion of the map is Mr. Cula's Castle and possibly some sort of endgame grind spot, that'd be cool.

It's Doctor Acula, thank you very much.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Archonex posted:

:drac:

As a side note, man, the orchestral version of that goes hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWeiocb_okE

Oh poo poo how did I never know about this!!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Countblanc posted:

Dracula's Castle reappears and you have to protect it from a bunch of bosses including the not-Belmonts, and/or kill Dracula and take over his castle.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
This game has its hooks in me. Something about slowly building a vampire castle while being drip-fed new items as you progress is really satisfying. I have two castles on a goon server. I think the game intends players to get situated in a new castle before choosing to tear down the old one, but... I'm doing it this way.

Join me for a tour, won't you?

Castle 1
South entrance, main hall and gardens

North entrance, craft quarters and... uh, 'wine' room

Castle 2, electric boogaloo (copying this bit from the private server thread)
Entrance and main hall.

North wing, a crafts area (has a wolf problem) and servants' crypt.

Up the stairs from the main hall, the throne room and the 'fart' of the castle. Hohoho. I made a joke.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat that is extremely badass. Sincerely that's a sick castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Me and my girlfriend are building just one large castle and I'll need to post screenshot when I can because she's doing the interior design and it loving whips.

She even made a cool Cloister in the centre where we can grow plants and it just looks loving cool as hell. The only really big thing I'd like from this game at this point is levels so that we can build a grand vampire spire to fight the sun from.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 31, 2022