Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

KirbyKhan posted:

I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS CALLED V RISING NOT SUN RISING
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
MORNING
TO HAVE
A CURSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

I'd like to be able to name my prisoners.
Jonathan Harker

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

causticBeet posted:

My biggest complaint about the game so far is the usual survival crafting game stuff. Playing chest sorting management is not fun - it’s cool to set up the base, but then having to run around to every chest to deposit or withdraw materials sucks. They’re really close with the compulsory sort button, they just need to make it global for the whole castle and allow crafting benches to pull from any storage close by.
During beta I kept telling them that inventory sucks, and to add a giant stash workshops can interact with, either one per heart or the heart itself, still leaving individual chests for avoiding automation or hiding loot or whatever

but no dice

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 6, 2022

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So the tombs you can build can spawn undead, could you build tombs along nearby roads and spawn high level undead to kill patrols and/or players in newbie land?
Yes-ish? Most Farbane patrols include bosses, maybe if you figure out their route...

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I mean I gotta be honest, my #1 gripe with the game right now is the sheer amount of time-waster mechanics that provide no fun but are still inexplicably still in the game:
  • Can't teleport with resources, even on PvE servers, with default settings (which means this is what every public server uses)
  • Very easily get knocked off horses if an NPC archer so much as farts in your direction
  • Sunlight is basically an "okay now stop playing the game for 10 minutes for no reason" switch with no compelling gameplay associated with it, and which also occasionally randomly wrecks a boss fight
  • Garlic is the same, except the switch is 30 minutes and progress is gated behind shoving your rear end full of garlic repeatedly to get enough cotton
  • Higher tier crafting times are several minutes long for no reason. What fun is derived from it taking 10 minutes to craft a bar of gold?
  • Servants randomly get injured by missions, making them unavailable for up to 8 hours (!?) at which point you're better off just mercy-killing the guy and getting a new one since there's nothing persistent about them that matters
  • No unified inventory in your base, so you spend an inordinate amount of time sorting inventory items into chests or getting them out of chests just to build or craft stuff
Sometimes when something in a videogame takes time or seems a bit obtuse it's because there's some mechanic or balancing decision that hinges on it, but I just don't understand why these mechanics are like this.
A lot of these mechanics are pvp oriented. They should really have separate defaults for pve and pvp servers.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So is most of the thread playing solo/online PvE, PvP or full loot PvP?
Too bad you can't embed polls in posts. Mostly solo pvp here

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sephyr posted:

Ahh, thank you. Might be a fun change from getting kicked by the Fey woman and her self-healing, bouncing wolves!
Several bosses are weak to specific builds when you solo, and hers is the unholy shield that spawns a minion when hit, from killing the same necromancer boss that gives you the study

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard posted:

During beta I kept telling them that inventory sucks, and to add a giant stash workshops can interact with, either one per heart or the heart itself, still leaving individual chests for avoiding automation or hiding loot or whatever. but no dice
so yea I guess what we got is really what they wanted to go with.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

i mean capcom has been using a giant, central stash in Monster Hunter for almost twenty years now

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah they are linked to the heart.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You want to set up a lot of storage in advance because those loot bags have a timer.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Aster0ids posted:

Hey so i settled on a good solo server called immortals. My main concern now is when i get raided. I read in chat that honeycombing isnt a thing anymore because more walls just strengthens the golem. Anyone can crash course me in a few lines about how to protect my base? im in a long rectangular one, the one northwest of cotton farm in the southeast portion of farmlands. Its like a long strip of land, then steps to a smaller square on a plateau, with 2 doors in the long rectangular one.
I'm not familiar with that bit about the golem, is it a server specific setting?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Game needs a map/level editor.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Bonk posted:

The mechanic to make upper floors definitely has some kinks to work out. You can't move stairs unless you take down every wall and pillar adjacent to it on both floors.
It's not every adjacent structure, only the ones that depend on the stairs as a foundation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Countblanc posted:

It's actually even cheaper on Gamebillet, if you want to really pinch your pennies

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1775596597730046408?s=20
Can you buy these as a gift?