Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Game is good, first week was really fun. Hope they add convenience poo poo with the first patch like wipe date on server browser. And a way to duel your clanmates would be great. Let us create an arena inside our castle garden and deathmatch for who gets access to repair mats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Yeah the main problem right now is that due to resource scarcity, repair costs and everything being in the same locations, there are very limited areas to build viable endgame castles and you always end up having the exact same bottlenecks.

The best spot on hot pvp servers is top left silverlight hills as you can easily make a double castle there with one acting as a wall and one acting as your actual base. Youll have a little more trouble accessing cursed forest resources, but going through the cave to Dunley still means you've got a relatively short distance to cover. Youll easily be able to loot Brighthaven for everything you need except cursed forest stuff. You will need to be a little creative to get scourgestones as well.

Second best spots is anywhere in Dunley near the cave exit from the cursed forest on the top left, as it offers a good compromise between access to cursed forest resources (scales, silk, pristine leather, ghost crystals, ghost mushrooms) and silverlight stuff (golden jewellry, schematics, highland lotus, silver)
Those spots in dunley also have easy access to the Dunley Monastery run where you just go in and loot the three stone coffins for easy 4-5 scourgestones over and over.

Any other spot is gonna be rough and make you way more vulnerable to ganks until you can grind enough gear to get servants up and running to do the farming for you. They decided to concentrate resources and incentivize farming like this to force players to keep fighting each other endgame, I think, but it makes the game feel chorelike and predictable and even on active pvp servers, clans that lose the scramble for the best spots are far more likely to just quit and reroll.

I dunno how they're gonna "fix" that honestly, it's why the game cannot be compared to Rust in its current form. And the decision to put 6 hour siege windows as default settings is just completely insane

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

but more importantly, Iva boss !!

That made me smile lol. Just so goofy to see characters from BR turned into bosses

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Speaking of Battlerite, I hope they buffed the counter-type moves this time, or that the gem system will be enough of a buff for them. I still used mist trance a lot just because it was fun, but like, compared to counters in BR the ones in this game had a lot less payoff, even though they are mechanically the exact same (aoe abilities don't trigger them, etc)

And I want Rook's counter because it's the best. And Rook's charge, actually.. then you could pick up a mace and just be Rook. I bet with the dual pistols you could turn into Jade now though and greatsword might be like Raigon.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Two things this game needs bad: an eyedropper tool and crafting from chests. I looked at the mod scene and it is sparse.

It needs the factorio poo poo where a bunch of drones come take stuff out of your inventory and put them in the appropriate chests. Just make bats do it, it's a magical castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I found out that even for pvp, blood rage + power surge, while sounds idiotic in theory cause you have no source of full damage blocking or offensive spells, is actually really strong. And you can roll a weak shield (up to 90% spellpower) on both through skill jewels, and a self dispel on power surge, and fading snare on blood rage. With all of that it's nearly impossible for someone to get away if you are on top of them. I like using the storm dash too since it can roll a ministun and further increases your attack speed.

Barriers, shields, poke spells and counters sound like a requirement for pvp but turns out moving more than twice as fast as every other player is actually insane. Get ganked? Swap to slashers and add another 25% haste AND invisibility on top of the other bullshit. Cya

And power surge can be cast on friendlies, blood rage is an aoe buff, which really helps seal the deal for me. Had a blast pvping with this build so far and lets you farm really easily too.