Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS CALLED V RISING NOT SUN RISING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The structure really reminds me of Rust. You just kinda climb a pvp ladder one rung at a time and sometimes you bump into some one, murder them, and get out with THE BAG.

I really need to lab out how much it takes to make a Palisade 1X2 to just lock up someone's loot on site.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's morbin time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Disappointing Pie posted:

Is this game decently fun solo / offline? I'm not a big mmo or playing with others kind of person due to having kids and having limited play time.

Yeah, been doing alright. I would highly suggest hopping on a pve server rather than rolling your own instances. This is a no pause game either way, but a day/night cycle is a slice of time that feels alright for like nap time or whatever.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KingKapalone posted:

Any recommended server rental companies?

If it's just me and my friends, does PVP even matter? I guess it would give them the chance to attack if they wanted.

Do we all just share a castle? In Valheim we had multiple settlements as we moved around biomes, but everything was shared.

Game is structured like Valheim in that biomes correspond directly with gear/resource tier. It is necessary to have a foothold in each, less necessary for every foothold to have everything. Everyone can and should make a lil vamp shack. Progression wise you should aim for 9 squares for a single refiner vamp shack. About 21-60 squares for a communal minimum.

1X2s Palisades are mean disposable pvp tools because that's enough space for a loot box and a wood coffin. You win a pvp match and he comes back to see that he can either voice chat or hoof it back to get explosives. I need to know if bear can destroy palisade gates...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, one square castle heart. I feel like I put up palisade on the edge of that guy in testing but I could be wrong.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
How was general population during your time? Does it get to the point that you can identify neighbors and recognizing names? My points of reference are Rust and Private WoW Servers and I need to bounce idea that off somehow.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Molybdenum posted:

What's the best setup to fight the super bear? Both times I've made an attempt her melee attack covers too large an area to dodge without using my dash. Her hits go through my block/counter ability too. Just crossbow plinking and whatever spell I've got?

Should I be dodging by running past/behind her while she's winding up?

Edit: I've got an iron axe and mace, everything else is copper/copper+ grade (merciless?)

That bear morbed me so hard.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitch.tv/sobadstrange

It's still going. I'll probably catch the vod, this is a cool thing.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ok, so I did rust beta back in 2013 where you got blueprints from killing animals covered in Cheeto dust.

I played V Rising early beta and dropped off after I got BEAR'd, so I think I only completed first zone. Is the change from beta drastic? Did I play enough of the game to get the jist of the loop?

Does anyone know who a good YouTuber or twitcher is to get up to speed on basic vampire mechanics and progression?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks thread 🙏🙏🙏

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
2000 hours is for dudes who would have menaced Vampire: The Masquerade LARPs if they were born 2 decades earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just like playing a videogame that perfectly matches my childhood concept of "the floor is lava"