Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win E3????
The Gamers
This year, it's all about the Gamers
Finally, it's Gamers
Power to the Players
View Results

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm glad the Xenoblade direct is making people angry about RPGs from Japan being popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'm not mad i just think there are lots of other j countries out there struggling to have their RPGs seen.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

i'm not mad i just think there are lots of other j countries out there struggling to have their RPGs seen.

can't see them from behind the big boobs

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jamaican RPGs continue to be overlooked

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Willo567 posted:

I'm glad the Xenoblade direct is making people angry about RPGs from Japan being popular

I mean twitter yeah, it's a minefield. Me personally I just don't want a direct to spend twenty minutes on a game, so it having it's own direct is like hey cool beans. JRPG fans can eat their cake.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the more i want to buy a game, the less I want to see of it until I do

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

hatty posted:

Jamaican RPGs continue to be overlooked

Sleng Ting Voyageurs VII: Ganja Protocol

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Exactly. I actually want to unlearn what I already know.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Also, I don't see how the Xenoblade 3 direct means that we're not getting one this Summer, since another poster already pointed out the time that a Pokemon Direct was right before the E3 one in 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We don't need a Nintendo Direct when the only game that we actually need a release for right now and more information on is Bayonetta 3. Just do a B3 Direct instead right after Xenoblade 3.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Nintendo can only show one direct because if they try to stream more than that their internet hits its upload cap and then their parents get mad :(

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like this is the end of the road for failtendo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I waited all Fake-E3 for Nintendo to finally drop their load and got blue balled big time

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
You have to share your friend code with Nintendo to watch their direct, I'm playing Donkey Kong Prime right now

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am a huge jrpg nerd and I dislike xenoblade, I think it is important to note it’s not universal

I also don’t love a huge amount of “modern” anime though and still tell people to watch Akira and evangelion in 2022,

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Why wouldn’t you want to learn about a video game you’re interested in?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i kinda get it, if i'm at the point where i'm gonna get it regardless i usually am not the type who buries themselves in pre-release info though there's definitely a few where i've gotten super hyped on

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why wouldn’t you want to learn about a video game you’re interested in?

I'll learn about it when I play it. Otherwise at best I'll get spoiled on stuff.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Knowing more about a game I'm already going to buy/play can never possibly enhance the experience, but it's fairly likely it could detract from it. Easy to have certain things spoiled, rob yourself of discovery or natural progression through mechanics/story/whatever. Even easier to build up expectations, you can always imagine a better game than can be made. I've also made myself tired of a game before ever playing it from overexposure to one thing or another. I can think of a bunch of tiny little ways hoovering up game news & discussions pre-release resulted in some small disappointments, but can't even think of a theoretical situation where I'd ever think "dang I would've enjoyed this game more if less of it was new & fresh to me and I instead had known exactly what to expect for most of it through reading and dissecting every frame of promotional material and any leaks"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Morpheus posted:

I'll learn about it when I play it. Otherwise at best I'll get spoiled on stuff.

So hyped for a game I ain't gonna watch a trailer for fear of spoilers

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
FAKE3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBD3ExFI9_E

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So hyped for a game I ain't gonna watch a trailer for fear of spoilers

I mean...yeah. If I'm looking forward to game A, I get no value from knowing what characters are in the game, what kinds of stuff the world holds, the various intricacies of the combat system. Everything produced for trailers and events is entirely based around marketing the game - if I already want the game, then why would I want to be marketed towards. Like Khanstant said, it's a good way to get yourself worn out on the game before even playing it, and I'd rather go in fresh with everything in it being new and exciting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only Xenoblade game I've played is the one they've decided doesn't count or matter so eh.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I mean like if you’re hyped for something it’s more than possible to detract from the experiencing by consuming too much of the prerelease media. You might end up knowing so much of it inside and out that barely anything comes as a surprise or pleasure. I don’t begrudge people for just knowing that they’ll play something when it comes out and leaving it at that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still think a general Direct is coming soon.

I’m not too happy they keep pushing these long rear end Xenoblade games out since I still need to play the first one.:smith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i am interested in a Nintendo direct, but my wishlist is already loving crazy right now from all the indies I've added lol

over 135 games on my wishlist are upcoming games

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 21, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not a huge surprise but Sony is backing out of Gamescom (August), joining Nintendo and EA: https://www.eurogamer.net/playstation-latest-company-to-skip-gamescom-2022

Microsoft has not announced their intentions yet. Geoff is gonna have a rougher time getting people hype for that one.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

Not a huge surprise but Sony is backing out of Gamescom (August), joining Nintendo and EA: https://www.eurogamer.net/playstation-latest-company-to-skip-gamescom-2022

Microsoft has not announced their intentions yet. Geoff is gonna have a rougher time getting people hype for that one.

Wait what who is actually there at this point

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SeANMcBAY posted:

I still think a general Direct is coming soon.

I’m not too happy they keep pushing these long rear end Xenoblade games out since I still need to play the first one.:smith:

Play it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Sega is announcing something??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjB7dWWhro

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gain Ground 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH gently caress NEW SHINING FORCE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

OH gently caress NEW SHINING FORCE

Oh this is much worse

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is just Lawbreakers right down to the "xx" eyes logo jesus

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Watched a trailer and boy, that games dead

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Creative Assembly is making a Fortnite?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well that sega reveal ended up being a nothing burger.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Well that sega reveal ended up being a nothing burger.

No you misunderstood, the burgers are all gone, you have to steal any burgers you want to from the rich

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
is this all they got? i dont play games you have to "sign up" for anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

is this all they got? i dont play games you have to "sign up" for anymore

This is Sega absolutely misreading the room. You don't announce a world premier trailer solo unless it's for something really special, for which a F2P shooter is not it.