Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why didn't breath of the Wild have armour durability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Why didn't breath of the Wild have armour durability?

Because it's a sin to make a game too good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell gets all of the best media

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

When they used to make the great tapestries they would purposefully gently caress up one little bit of it because they thought perfection was only in the domain of God

And so did Miyamoto order them to put weapon durability into the game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have not played Okami. I have no idea what it is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Okami is on the surprisingly long list of games that made me tear up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah it's pretty bad

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Okami should've been shorter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

surprisingly long

:hmmyes:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Simply pick one of the 'this could've been the ending' points to just be the ending and turn it off.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

VideoGames posted:

god you would love it so much. it's one of my favorite games of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhnhRfTzRnw

hatty posted:

Okami is on the surprisingly long list of games that made me tear up

i cried a lot

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
VG isn't allowed to put anything else on his list until he fulfills his promise and plays an atelier

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
VG I am using what little power I have to free you from being forced to play an Atelier

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

VG I am using what little power I have to free you from being forced to play an Atelier

You're on the list now fucker

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

You're on the list now fucker

I believe I was already on the list, this is double jeopardy and you will be hearing from my lawyer.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Simply pick one of the 'this could've been the ending' points to just be the ending and turn it off.

or, keep playing, and because you love it so much, play through it again and get all of the sacred beads

and then play through it again for good measure

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's super hosed up is, vg has never played a Kirby game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd have bought an atelier this steam sale but all the discounts suck so i didn't

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Atelier is a steal at three bucks an hour I'll have you know

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the atelier collections are pretty expensive on console but even moreso on steam for some reason. there's also some early-gen gust games that KT forgot about so they're just $60 forever.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

VideoGames posted:

It's dog zelda

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Atelier is good.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

If I played one of the atelier games on the Vita for a couple of hours and found it mostly uninteresting, have I played enough to make my final judgment on the Atelier games or do they get good afte 30 hours or something?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
If you have a negative opinion of Atelier, then you don't get to voice your opinion. I'm just the messenger

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Consider: what if a nice girl made friends?

Congratulations, you've had the atelier experience, go ahead and play Okami now VG

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Only if that girl's name is J. R. Oppenheimer

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm considering this, and I think it's good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The three PS3-era atelier games I played were good and breezy. The two modern ones i tried didn't hold my interest. I guess you could say, I'm an atelier fa (not quite a fan but almost)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I was going to try Ryza once it became reasonably priced but then it never did

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Hmm I did play Recettear and enjoyed it so perhaps I like Atelier games after all

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

BTW. .. it's international canada day tomorrow, which also means today is the last day to get your gotfhoty 2022 lists ready. Game on!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I played Atelier Ayesha and it was fantastic. I played half (so far) of lydie and suelle and it's decent, but long-winded and not as atmospheric as Ayesha.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress Ori

I tried, I really did but I just beat the third lovely rear end escape sequence after like 50 deaths and it crashed and didn't even have the decency to save after that poo poo.

Love how Xbox games just dump you back to the Home Screen when they crash with no acknowledgement too, at least on PS I can whack the submit error report button hard in annoyance.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I miss the days where a game crashing caused the console the flip the gently caress out and scream at you until you pulled the plug out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are we talking about the PS2 or my first wife! Am I right, fellas?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
trick question, your first wife was a PS2

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not entirely untrue.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

5. Daggerfall (1994)

Daggerfall Unity fan “remake” (new coat of paint, minor gameplay fixes). This food isn’t very good. But such HUGE portions! Ambitious
Reminded me why Morrowind rules

4. Pokémon Sword (2019)

Nuzlocke edition (basically permadeath hardcore mode)
This particular entry is well-suited for this kind of playthrough. I formed actual, genuine attachment to my ‘mons. Got genuinely upset when my star Gyarados, True Lei, got crit and perished

3. Who’s Lila? (2021)

Creative and atmospheric. Plays around with some fourth-wall-breaking stuff without being too winky about it, and is confident enough to let you discover the twists and their implications on your own
As a pro gamer, it’s hard to be legitimately surprised by a video game’s storytelling, but this managed it, several times

2. Europa Universalis 4: Anbennar (idk)

Anbennar mod, a fantasy overhaul. Keeps getting fuller and better. Uses EU4 mechanics to tell actual stories :d:
Exxxtremely fun, if you’re my gamertype

1. Elden Ring (2022)

SA’s GotY 2022

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

That EU4 mod looks extremely enticing. Is this the spiritual successor to Master of Magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

LttP is really not a very good Zelda game. It lacks the pure exploration of Zelda I, the heart of Awakening, the interesting puzzles and charm of Ages, and the beautiful graphics of Seasons. It's like eating a pancake without syurp

I don't really like syrup.