Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEOIpXNyzI

To recap:
COVID's still a thing
Ukraine has a Russia problem
Kids and guns don't mix
Tourists and wildlife don't mix
gently caress the police, gently caress the police in Uvalde, Texas even more so
Dogs are good

Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Dogs are real good

:hmmyes:

e: edited to account for below post

Zamujasa fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 1, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dogs are VERY good. Fix your poo poo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Happy pride and happy birth month to me.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

ElMaligno posted:

Happy pride

eyyy, speaking of, from the dumb marketing moves thread:

https://twitter.com/USMC/status/1531994393950953472

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

My first thought was that those were crayon bullets. Not anything to do with pride.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CainFortea posted:

My first thought was that those were crayon bullets. Not anything to do with pride.

USMC... Checks out.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zamujasa posted:

It's a Jungian thing.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

CainFortea posted:

https://twitter.com/thrashnanarchy/status/1532005929360584706

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Also how are these idiots still pushing this idiot line?

https://twitter.com/HarriNB/status/1531996465232547840

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zamujasa posted:

:lmao: some very weak rear end bitchmade comments. I have no clue how my mom and dad managed to avoid boomer brainworms, but reading those comments...I'm happy they did. Also my Dad is the guy who puts the Marine Flag out for Memorial Day and the 4th, but would also make fun of someone complaining about that post (and god help you if he detects you like Ted Cruz).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEOIpXNyzI

To recap:
COVID's still a thing
Ukraine has a Russia problem
Kids and guns don't mix
Tourists and wildlife don't mix
gently caress the police, gently caress the police in Uvalde, Texas even more so
Dogs are good

Discuss.
BORTAC kinda good(?)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Marshal Prolapse posted:

BORTAC kinda good(?)

I'll go as far as "less terrible" but no further.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bird food bathtub posted:

I'll go as far as "less terrible" but no further.

I think that's a good compromise.

Oh Florida has an official militia now.

https://twitter.com/FLCaseyDeSantis/status/1531712910531170304?s=20&t=Iyg3WztrO0IDSixqZKz0Aw

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hooohooo CNBC dropped another incarnation of the perennial "how to budget 4 dumdum poors who only make $50k" articles let's take a look

tag urself I'm the $100 gasoline month

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

hooohooo CNBC dropped another incarnation of the perennial "how to budget 4 dumdum poors who only make $50k" articles let's take a look

If $100 equals more then 2 trips to the pump; I'd be shocked. That said I actually blame the gremlin in Russia whose fault it actually is.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 1, 2022

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

We'll probably see more and more of this as the federal government continues to insist on things like human rights.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Healthcare is automatically covered at no expense for Americans, right?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
On what loving planet is cable $30/mo? Even my Sling subscription is more than that.

E: health insurance is probably figured under "personal care" for some dumb reason.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

We'll probably see more and more of this as the federal government continues to insist on things like human rights.

That said if/when they try and start poo poo, for Gov Ted Bundy, they will get pink misted* worse then a Russian in the Donbass.

*I'm an optimist

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Healthcare is automatically covered at no expense for Americans, right?

They think you're still on your parents insurance

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Marshal Prolapse posted:

If $100 equals more then 2 trips to the pump; I'd be shocked. That said I actually blame the gremlin in Russia whose fault it actually is.

Issues with gas prices were set in motion by Trump agreements with OPEC enacted during COVID, prices were going to rise but the Ukraine invasion is just a nice cover for gouging.

Where the gently caress is $1000 rent????

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:lmao: some very weak rear end bitchmade comments. I have no clue how my mom and dad managed to avoid boomer brainworms, but reading those comments...I'm happy they did. Also my Dad is the guy who puts the Marine Flag out for Memorial Day and the 4th, but would also make fun of someone complaining about that post (and god help you if he detects you like Ted Cruz).

BORTAC kinda good(?)

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the terror group BORTAC. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

shame on an IGA posted:

Wtf does car cover? Parts and maintenance? A car loan payment? Insurance?

Also, wtf is groceries $300. Have you ever had a kid before? Do you know how much they eat? Or how expensive it is to eat out when you spend that little on groceries?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yes I would like a $1,000 rent.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
1,000 rent is bumfuck, NC or SC probably

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

maffew buildings posted:

Where the gently caress is $1000 rent????

My apartment is $875/mo after pet fee, but I live 75 minutes from the interstate and 2 hours from the nearest real city. There are 1 bedrooms here under $700/mo, and $500/mo apartments (in rough shape) about 15 miles west.

But there's not a lot of people moving here.

Sometimes houses come up around $100k here, too.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

1,000 rent is bumfuck, NC or SC probably

1000 rent is Atlanta with a roomate in a kinda lovely apartment.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Hmmm sounds miserable guess I'll keep anteing up for 200 yards from the ocean in California

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

tak posted:

Why the gently caress would you call the cops in that situation

I was standing in the road working construction and one cop drove by. I said, "Hey there's kids that skip school down by the creek everyday the last two weeks."

This police lady said "Oh we can't talk to them because of the new use of force laws."

It was some idiotic abdication of community duty in a small town, for political pouting by the police of WA after the legislature asserted civilian control of the police. The police have since 'well aksually'd their way into not doing poo poo in Washington since. They are trying to prove that if they do nothing crime will go up. The use of force laws get cited as why they can't do any number of things. I say, excellent, the police were poo poo at community building, mental health crisis response, community justice etc let's fire all these crybaby deliquent cops who are actively refusing to do their job and replace them with mental health teams, social workers, etc

Abolish police ty

I have a few more anecdotes but it's a representative sentiment that the WA police are on a paid strike in the state, when it suits

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

maffew buildings posted:

Hmmm sounds miserable guess I'll keep anteing up for 200 yards from the ocean in California

Is this before the San Andreas fault goes kabloowie and sheers half of the state off, Escape from LA style?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Idgaf about any of this poo poo but apparently lots of people like my mom do so here you go or some poo poo

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1532081015744712705?t=2ZK3tkuEzyudtruEnO52rA&s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thwomp posted:

Wtf does car cover? Parts and maintenance? A car loan payment? Insurance?

Also, wtf is groceries $300. Have you ever had a kid before? Do you know how much they eat? Or how expensive it is to eat out when you spend that little on groceries?

300 is doable for one person that never eats out once ever for 30 days and is willing to spend a fair bit of time cooking each week in return.

I'm not arguing that it is a good average value to use for something like this though. Just for a home of two I spend around 4 to $500 per month in groceries and probably another $200 in eating out costs which we do very sparingly.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

facialimpediment posted:

Idgaf about any of this poo poo but apparently lots of people like my mom do so here you go or some poo poo

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1532081015744712705?t=2ZK3tkuEzyudtruEnO52rA&s=19

The only thing that you should take away from this is disgust over how many ostensibly good liberals and normies spent weeks unloading their built up misogyny because they found an Acceptable Target for it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Eej posted:

The only thing that you should take away from this is disgust over how many ostensibly good liberals and normies spent weeks unloading their built up misogyny because they found an Acceptable Target for it.

My big takeaway was that they’re both horrible people who should have never gotten together, and that the stronger the feelings a person had about the outcome of this spectacle, the more I felt compelled to avoid them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My big takeaway is that Amber Heard poo poo in the bed and it made me laugh

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

My big takeaway was that they’re both horrible people who should have never gotten together, and that the stronger the feelings a person had about the outcome of this spectacle, the more I felt compelled to avoid them.

Codependency and mutual abuse are awful, awful things.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Big :same:.

No clearer "wave off" than someone asking you what your thoughts on this trial are/were.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I find it gross Depp's legal team used PR firms to astroturf social media, and that so many people are willing to look past the facts because pretty pirate man.

They deserved each other.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I think they both deserve to get help and come to terms with whatever enormous flaws drove them to such awful behavior

But I generally like to see people adapt and overcome and be happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I think they both deserve to get help and come to terms with whatever enormous flaws drove them to such awful behavior

But I generally like to see people adapt and overcome and be happy

That's what I generally want from people. Both they have both proven to be willfully terrible, and I wish nothing but ill will and bad luck to Depp because I feel like he acted like a scumbag during the trial to win.

Also, I'm an angry dickhead.