Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

sebmojo posted:

Gog not epic, at least for me

And yeah just decide on the new title and I can change it for you (op might be able to do it too, icr)

My personal thought is "Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader (Beta OUT): What's more dangerous, the demons, or the bugs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SirFozzie posted:

I am OP :) Not that I can see.

Oh yeah I know (different color in the app).

I'll change it, ping me if you want a different wording!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Feel like there's a good crypto pun to be made here.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Commaraughcoin: putting the Krypt in Cryptocurrentcy?

Or

Putting the (Necron) Crypt in Cryptocurrentcy?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Rogue Trader: Warping Through the Ethereum

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
40K: Rogue Trader - Beta released! More bugs than ‘nids!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Stuck in the beta (on side content). I'm on the Astropath station, and I've no idea what to enter into the machine with the flesh samples etc not to make it explode.

Edit:
Found one combo. Mutated flesh, Biogel, the data crypt that ends in OK, and crystal dust, makes Antidotes.

Not sure if there are any more.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 2, 2023

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
There's a second one from reddit

Elixir of Warp Neutrality
Flesh sample
K-04-OH
acid
adamantium dust (adamantium put through the transducer)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Maybe I'm just not hereticus enough, but I still feel like I want to shake the stupid out of our psyker. Why yes, the 'friends' and 'voices' are totally legit and you should listen to them over any sense or reason. You're so special aren't you and they're all just naysayers.

Sorry, I sat down for a long session and hoo does the game start unraveling after a while. Particularly love the t-posing teleport movement the party has when moving through a cleared area.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Argenta is such a beast lol, wipe entire squads in a single turn

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Argenta is such a beast lol, wipe entire squads in a single turn

How did you get her that good, she's middling at best for me.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, was definitely starting to get the occasional t-posing sliding here too after a while. Also the first boss really doesn't have their mechanics well-defined. Talking about the Chaos Spawn here, and for whatever reason it was making multiple attacks whenever it got a Devour interrupt, which isn't mentioned anywhere in the description of Devour or anywhere else on the boss sheet. This was really loving annoying, because I've been trying out a melee RT, and he got a whole 1 round in the entire fight. Knocked down on the Chaos Spawn's second round, and then ate like 6 attacks while downed because it just kept whaling on him whenever it got the Devour proc.

Feels like Devour should be an action it has to take, rather than being an interrupt where it somehow eats a minion a huge distance away in the middle of someone else's turn.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 2, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

evilmiera posted:

How did you get her that good, she's middling at best for me.

playing around with her in alpha, if you micro her abilities right she can get like 3 attacks a round plus extra movement.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Naval battles are fun but I got one match against three Aeldari cruisers and it fuckin sucks. They're all super maneuverable, spam torpedoes at you, and your combat log against them goes like this: MISS MISS MISS MISS hit for 10 damage MISS

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Naval battles are fun but I got one match against three Aeldari cruisers and it fuckin sucks. They're all super maneuverable, spam torpedoes at you, and your combat log against them goes like this: MISS MISS MISS MISS hit for 10 damage MISS

Lore accurate, but kind of brings up the question of why they're throwing three Eldar cruisers at you in a single battle. Like, that's the kind of grouping that could kill an Imperial Navy battleship that got caught out alone, let alone a (admittedly buffed) cruiser. Hell, squadrons of Eldar frigates can devastate solo capital ships, let alone their larger cousins.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Holy poo poo how many reaction attacks does this Daemon Engine on the Mechanicus ship get lol. Rinsing me

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Holy poo poo how many reaction attacks does this Daemon Engine on the Mechanicus ship get lol. Rinsing me

It's multiple, if not infinite.

I think that was one of the most highlighted/mentioned fights of the alpha, it's insanely hard and I ended up having the party sprint to opposing sides of the room and chuck grenades at it, managed it with one party member standing.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

pentyne posted:

It's multiple, if not infinite.

I think that was one of the most highlighted/mentioned fights of the alpha, it's insanely hard and I ended up having the party sprint to opposing sides of the room and chuck grenades at it, managed it with one party member standing.

I ended up beating it with 4/6 party members down, using my marksman sniper trader's heroic ability to just chunk through its HP. tough fight!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I managed to beat that in the alpha with Henrik and my melee Trader both going ham and using their Momentum skills; it probably helped that for some reason it decided to go after Argenta first, giving both my melee characters time to get into position. Don't know how it's going to be in the beta though; my Malaysian internet's downloading at super slow speeds, and the wait is agonizing :smithicide:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i'm in the navigator place, and i've talked to the delightfully rendered machine spirits but the big door in the room i had the fight in, with the stairs, isn't opened. is this a bug? not sure how to progress.

edit - i think i worked it out (start at 1 and move through the binaries, don't just click on the logic 40 entry)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm not planning on touching this until it's properly out but I'm curious, what kind of system does the game use?
How grognardy is it compared to their very grognardy Pathfinder games?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not planning on touching this until it's properly out but I'm curious, what kind of system does the game use?

maybe 20% less groggy? seems a little clearer than pathfinder, but there's a lot of detail in there. afaik it's reasonably faithful to the wh40k rules which are pure neckbeard

It's fun though, and seems to drip feed the complexity well.

Extremely buggy though, much more so than e.g. bg3. i'm having fun but waiting is very reasonable.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jack Trades posted:

Still very grognardy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'll take "20% less grognardy" since there probably will be a ToyBox mod for it.

Does it have vancian casting? Of course it does but maybe a miracle has happened and someone realized that it's an unfun system.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jack Trades posted:

Does it have vancian casting? Of course it does but maybe a miracle has happened and someone realized that it's an unfun system.

Not from what I remember from the alpha- it's more like Pillars where everyone has a pool of per-encounter powers. Serious question, are you familiar with the Fantasy Flight Games' Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Black Crusade system?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Not from what I remember from the alpha- it's more like Pillars where everyone has a pool of per-encounter powers. Serious question, are you familiar with the Fantasy Flight Games' Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Black Crusade system?

I played like 6 hours worth of Rogue Trader PnP with some friends and then we got distracted by something else, so no, I don't remember poo poo, but if they have only per-encounter powers ala Pillars then that's a HUGE improvement since Pathfinder.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, there's no pre-buffing or Vancian casting as I recall from the alpha (no idea about the beta 'cos I'm still downloading, thank you TMNet Malaysia), just a small pool of per-encounter stuff. No pre-buffing or anything like that either- buffs are in-battle only, and last for a single round (i.e. until the caster's next turn). There are classes, though characters are expected to multiclass (like, you WILL add a second class once you've leveled up enough*), and development seems relatively simple.

*So the way it worked in the alpha is that every level, you pick a skill increase, Characteristic increase or talent as dictated by your character's initial class (so one class might get a talent at level 7, another might get a skill increase instead etc.), and once you've completed 15 levels of development, you pick a second class. Those familiar with the PnP will realize that this isn't the way it's done in there at all, and might be a sign Owlcat won't be as stubbornly grognardy with RT as they were with Pathfinder. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty involved stuff, but you don't need to have much experience with the tabletop to properly get into this.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

The tabletop RPGs never had that. IIRC any special ability or attack you could basically use as often as you drat well felt like if you met the conditions. Certain things would require Fate Points to do (though this was more a GM's discretion thing than baked mechanically into the system I think) while the "cap" on psychic powers was basically that using them alot would present a high chance of really bad things happening to the psyker and anyone in the vicinity.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
I got stuck on cassia. I talked to her, then the conversation ended and she fell on her face.

Now she is laying there, and I cannot click her, the journal still wants me to talk to her though. Did I find a bug?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

goddam i love the dialogue, you have people coming up to you with side quests and there's always some flavour of 'who the gently caress you think you talkin' to?' in the responses

re cassia, yeah that's a bug, i've seen it reported.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

afaik it's reasonably faithful to the wh40k rules which are pure neckbeard

So Techpriests are incredibly OP?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Lone Badger posted:

so far everyone feels fairly op, which is great.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

"Spellcasting" is done with psychic powers. It's non-vancian. There's no mana or stamina or any resource pool, and no memorizing powers. You can cast psychic powers as much as you want but each time anyone uses a psychic ability it causes Veil Thinning. If the veil gets too thin, daemons (hostile to everyone) can manifest or other shenanigans can happen.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

I was like "huh, why can I give Pascal a two-handed melee weapon AND a plasma rifle? is this a bug?"

and then I realize "oh because of his sweet machine arms"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Pattonesque posted:

I was like "huh, why can I give Pascal a two-handed melee weapon AND a plasma rifle? is this a bug?"

and then I realize "oh because of his sweet machine arms"

From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Playing on core difficulty, that boss fight(?) in the tutorial segment against the Chaos Spawn actually felt fairly challenging, I enjoyed that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

They're pretty much a hybrid class capable of granting a lot of situational/positional buffs and then if anything gets too close bisecting it with a power axe.

They were by far the hardest aspect of combat to understand, because rather then buffing a person they can lay down a buff on the ground that benefits people in it/moving into it, but it's timing/turn based pretty tightly.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

They're out there... and I will find them

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Olanphonia posted:

From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lassitude posted:

"Spellcasting" is done with psychic powers. It's non-vancian. There's no mana or stamina or any resource pool, and no memorizing powers. You can cast psychic powers as much as you want but each time anyone uses a psychic ability it causes Veil Thinning. If the veil gets too thin, daemons (hostile to everyone) can manifest or other shenanigans can happen.

'Every caster is a wild mage, and some of the effects can just straight-up kill you' is not exactly selling me on it being a fun magic system; it was one of the things I was most worried about.

Did they take off effects like 'your head explodes and you die'?