Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

It was a couple of nights ago, but I watched Asteroid City, which was magical and perfect. I loved every bit of it.

Then I watched the new Indiana Jones movie, which was kind of like going to see Duran Duran in 2023. Even though it wasn't really bad, it was easily the 4th worst Indiana Jones movie. They should have stopped after 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Goddamn what a fantastic movie.
Maybe the best animation film I've ever seen.

Finger Prince

The Sparks Brothers.
A Sparks biopic.
Just watch it.

Finger Prince

Saw x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NklYQOAyE3s

Finger Prince

Barbie - pretty excellent, but I found it (deliberately?) ironic how in the Barbie movie, Ken still managed to make it about him.

Mission Impossible whichever is the latest, part 1 - cool AI plot, the usual business, best car chase I've seen in ages, just an all around great action flick.

Finger Prince

Bullet Train. Such a beautifully stupid movie.

Finger Prince

canyoneer posted:

Three Amigos! is on amazon prime right now and that movie is so great

Nice! I haven't seen that since I was a kid!

Finger Prince

I forgot to mention this last week, but I watched an anime called Tokyo Godfathers, which is a sweet story of a group of homeless folk in Tokyo that find an abandoned baby and set on a quest to find its parents. Beautifully animated in the old hand drawn style.

Finger Prince

Beverly Hills Cop

We thought of a fun game: drink every time Axel F plays.

Finger Prince

Dune 2: the Dunening
The Fremen girl makes the same expression in every scene.

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers - ostensibly a kids movie, it is an extremely meta movie about a couple of washed up actors who get the band back together for one more caper. Actually a very good movie.

A Letter to Momo - as sweet anime about a girl who moves back to the small island her mom is from after her dad dies, and encounters three goblins who help her out.
Could be rough if you lost a parent when you were a kid.

Finger Prince

Nettle Soup posted:

I dont think it's a book you can really make a good film out of.

Gonna try the David Lynch one next.

Which is exactly why the David Lynch one will always be the best one.

Finger Prince

The first like 2 minutes of Atlas, whereupon I exclaimed aloud, "jeeeesus christ, this is terrible!", posted this, and got up to out on some laundry.

Finger Prince

Everything everywhere all at once

I laughed, I cried, I felt things, bro.
What an amazing movie.

Finger Prince

It's like what if The Matrix was actually a really good movie.

Finger Prince

Now I'm watching asteroid city again.

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

I'm on my third watch. This movie makes me want to be a stage actor

Same. Shame about the talent, and the pathogical fear of having to memorize lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

I could'a been a contender! In a very different life.