Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Dec 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Russia: Holodomor!

China: Holodo my beer!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

[babushka voice] aleksey, little boys who don't clean their plates are doomed to starve to death when everything in the cupboard is seized by monsters

Then she burns the contents of the cupboards to drive home the point

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

Hruu’s right

:wow:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Then he died of chromes disease

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Weka posted:

I thought Polish Operation was a board game like Operation except instead of tweezers it shipped with a spoon.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

reserved

Confirming your reservation for Friday, February 3rd as a solo diner at 7:30 pm. Thank you for your decision to dine with us at Stolen Grains: A Taste of Genocide

Please note all grains are responsibly stolen from Ukrainian peasants. A 20% service fee is charged on all bills over $150. All cancellations required at least two hours prior to reservation or there will be a $50 sevice charge as grain cannot be returned to starving peasant population

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Every time I buy bread I say a prayer of remembrance for the starving Ukrainian peasants forced to dump all their grain in the giant vat labeled “collective grain supply” and who would be shot if they asked why it was just a giant funnel that emptied directly into stalin’s mouth

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

in america HS all i was taught about the cold war is that it inspired us to get to the moon first

I don’t think we ever even made it to wwi in high school

I had to learn about the holodomor from the internet, which is why I know it was real

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gonna start referring to Cincinnati’s NFL championship drought as the Bengals Famine

Which, like the holodomor, is real

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

500 good dogs posted:

the holodomor happened

I will make this as clear as possible pls

They have a HOLODOMOR JOKES THREAD

holodomor
jokes
thread

if you are not aware of what the holodomor is, it was the

Holodomor Museum posted:
Holodomor is а genocide of the Ukrainian nation committed in 1932–1933. The leadership of the Soviet Union committed it in order to suppress Ukrainians and ultimately eliminate Ukrainian resistance to the regime, including efforts to build an independent Ukrainian state.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Look at all these unshaded regions. This is DISGUSTING. England, what's wrong with you???

We truly live in a Tankified World :negative:

Argentina both sidesing a genocide smdh

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

If the Holodomor didn’t happen (it did) why is it the third worst genocide of all time on Wikipedia (when sorted for lowest estimate)?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genocides#List_of_genocides

Also good on Wikipedia for bringing attention to the third Punic war which doesn’t get enough coverage these days

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

In fact, when sorted by highest estimate, the Holodomor is even worse than I thought

1. The Holocaust
2. Holodomor, man-made famine,[69]:  70–78, 134–35   concurrent with extermination of national elite, liquidation of the Ukrainian church, and forcible population transfers.[70]
3. German atrocities committed against Soviet prisoners of war,[64][65] part of the Generalplan Ost and Hunger Plan
4. Nazi crimes against the Polish nation,[71][72] part of the Generalplan Ost
5. Cambodian genocide
6. Bangladesh genocide
7. Circassian genocide[N 16]
8. Armenian genocide
9. Greek genocide including the Pontic genocide[N 14]
10. Rawandan genocide

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Don’t blame me, I voted for Trotsky!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I woke up this morning and the loaf of bread in my cupboard has started to mold. Anyway I tossed the loaf and decided to go hungry this morning in honor of those brave kulaks who were starved when Stalin ate their grain

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Thank you. We must stay vigilant so this kind of thing can never happen again.

Never agrain

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

sava mygrani

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

H is for it happening
O is for it obviously happening
L is for it legitimately happening
O is for other evidence that supports it happening
D is for it definitely happening
O is for only a genocide denier would deny it happening
M is for most people agree it happened
O is for there’s too many os
R is for it really happening

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Saw a genocide denial probe in the LC and was hoping it wasn’t this thread

It wasnt

Good job everyone for keeping up this thread that does NOT deny the holodomor

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

hamas ftw posted:

I suspect I know more about the Shoah than most people, including you. Your casual use of 'Nazi collaborator', for example, is a based the fact he edited a paper that published articles approved by the Nazi administration. By that light, you could label anyone acting in any role that required them to co-operate with the Nazis as a 'collaborator'. All the way up to Adam Czerniakow.

The origins of the press has no bearing on the editor's beliefs unless you can show he was involved in obtaining it - so why mention it apart from trying to somehow tie his fate to the editors? Are you claiming that somehow Freeland's grandfather had anything to do with the seizure of the press and sending it's owner to a camp? Surely not. So why harp on it? It's irrelevant.

If you'd like to discuss the pathological anti-Semitism of 1930's Poland and Ukraine, that's a different subject for a different thread.

Likewise having an SS recruiting poster in your paper - anyone thinking that any editor would refuse that ad in wartime Krakow is crazy. People did far worse to stay alive and feed their families.

Again, enough with the raving about all this unsubstantiated or irrelevant (the press) statements. Agree that using her grandfather was questionable and she should probably stop doing it.

:same:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I'm still mad about sexpig, that was the worst permaban

Publish the pms

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

The story of how these users were banned is the same as the story about the holodomor

"History rarely repeats itself, but its echoes never go away" - Tariq Ali

Now watch this drive. G. W. Bush

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Retromancer posted:

Tag yourself I'm the guy with the sickle shaped skull.

I’m Joe camel(?)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

has anyone ever brought up itt that the historical record for the holodomor to have been committed with intent is...somewhat tenuous??

This is not the thread to just ask questions or whatabout

This is the thread for being awed that Stalin kept such a svelte figure despite a daily diet that would put an entire cattle fattening facility out of business

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I recommend the Young Jedi Knights book series. It might seem unrelated to the holodomor, but...well, I won't spoiler the surprise ;) Let's just say a certain someone whose name starts with S and ends with N makes an appearance.

You’re gonna need to baby step me through sirhan sirhan’s connection to the holodomor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A thought exercise for all of you holodomor denying dipshits: You and your neighbor Geno own houses. Geno helps you replace the siding on your house. Are you now obligated to help Geno side his?

Keep in mind that you both live in Wheatfield City, Ukraine and it’s the early 1930s