Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was just thinking about the holodomor and got so frikken mad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What strategies do you guys use to help cope with the holodomor? My therapist isn't much help, unfortunately (she doesn't believe in it :psyduck:)

I've found that it helps to exercise, and to spend time with friends and family.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

the dolohomer definitely didn't happen

Get out of here. Now.

Edit: Oh wait, you were talking about the Dolohomer. Sorry!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

indigi posted:

I like Hitler

Uhh...are we just going to let this slide???

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

indigi posted:

I can't freaking believe the Russians would do this.

Really? I wouldn't put anything past those sons of bitches...they always do this kind of poo poo, it sucks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

I just don't get the love of war. War is an evil! I would be worried about my soul being damned if I were them. :ohdear:

Okay, but picture this -

A group of Ukrainians firing an artillery round while "Welcome to the Jungle" plays nearby, revealing they share the spirit of freedom with their American friends.

They then dance a little, showing that, while they are serious warriors fighting for their nation, they are not afraid to be a little silly.

But then you hear a foreboding sound. It is the sound of Russia's armies. Putin, laughing, can be seen in the sky above them.

Don't you want to help these free people defeat this great evil?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Any updates on the holodomor recently?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That's gross (because of the flies which imply that the substances being fired into the man's mouth are nasty)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

You all think thi sis so funny but what if i made a post about how the irish potato famine "definitely" happened, not so funny now is it?

gently caress...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny how this happens so frequently, and these people somehow think that their anecdote would be even remotely sympathetic to anyone who isn't rich.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That's Professor Dumbledore from Hogwarts, accompanied by an owl (maybe his or Harry Potter's)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm still mad about sexpig, that was the worst permaban

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

January 6 Survivor posted:

Guys guys this is supposed to be a fun and friendly thread where we discuss how the holodomor undoubtedly happened, let's not bring the mood down by talking about who banned who and for what reasons

The story of how these users were banned is the same as the story about the holodomor

"History rarely repeats itself, but its echoes never go away" - Tariq Ali

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

any good books about the holodomor? so far all I've got is the grapes of wrath

I recommend the Young Jedi Knights book series. It might seem unrelated to the holodomor, but...well, I won't spoiler the surprise ;) Let's just say a certain someone whose name starts with S and ends with N makes an appearance.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does anyone else use post-it notes to remind themselves about the holodomor?
I know what you're probably thinking - that I'm a piece of poo poo for needing to be reminded. But I have a bad memory, and I think accessibility is important if we want to spread awareness of the holodomor

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Grimnarsson posted:

I have learned my lesson, from now on I will only quote the wonderful prose of Snyder, Conquest of 80s, Applebaum, and affirm that the Holodomor did indeed happen. Because it did! The grain is gonezo, Stalin did so.

I'm sensing some sarcasm here. I don't think you are genuine in your contrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Honky Mao posted:

Wasn't Stalin's fault. He gave the order to "get that bread" and his party goons took him literally

He was a leader, it is his responsibility to know how his followers will interpret his words. This does not absolve him.