Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
This game looks very Bahamut Lagoon and i'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

DrManiac posted:

I hope this game does well enough to get a sequel made with more staff. The foundation is great, if the writing/characters were better it would be the best indie FE-like hands down.

Maybe I should try dark deity again now that it’s out of early access.

I think that's where i'm at with this game. It has a very strong gameplay foundation and a pretty okay everything else. It would be nice to see more/better produced games with this gameplay style.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Barnabas' voice acting reminds me of this ProZD sketch

Also, currently on chapter 18 (some thoughts on a big spoiler event) I kind of feel disappointed that our MC came back to life with big nephilim powers. I was kind of hoping that the rest of the game would be your allies trying to carry on your characters' legacy, rather than you magically coming back from the dead with superpowers. Game is still fun af but I kind of feel like it was a missed opportunity

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Another character also reminds me of a Pro ZD character, to the extent that I'm almost positive that it's a conscious reference.

Is it Lysander? Because there are absolutely vibes I get from him.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Grundma posted:

The music is very simple and bland. It's not as bad as the writing but its not very memorable.

I think the only track I remember is the pan flute song that plays when Diana meets up with her family and I'm pretty sure that's because half of it is the music box theme from Chrono Trigger.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

So I just hit chapter... 22? And i'm pretty sure this new character design for Diana is someone's fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Deki posted:

This might have been something i missed in the tutorial files, but what does a star on an enemy signify?

Defeating them counts towards your end-of-mission ranking (defeat all of them for an S rank)