Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
This might have been something i missed in the tutorial files, but what does a star on an enemy signify?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Arrrthritis posted:

Defeating them counts towards your end-of-mission ranking (defeat all of them for an S rank)

Ok, awesome. I was worried I was supposed to be making them surrender or something.

e: That's a lot of artillery, holy shiiit

Deki fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 25, 2022

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I just spent about 40 minutes retooling my army after getting the +10 capacity to all squads perk. Game's good. 8 warbow Jules unit with armor pen and + double attack odds kicks so much rear end.

Molybdenum posted:

Just bought this and trying to stay spoiler free.

Permadeath, Y/N? I turned it on to start then I found myself delaying finishing a map so I could get my squads up to a temple to revive. That seems kinda dumb.

I'd say N, but I don't play with it on for Fire Emblem games either

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Same. Very happy it was made but also makes me mad that this is the best anyone has come up with in this genre for awhile. Would kill for another legit Ogre Battle game or a Last Remnant sequel.

Endgame spoilers

This unique NPC was great all game but her obscene single target damage was somewhat wasted until the final boss HP sponge. She was hitting for

800x2 on crits thanks to her obscene stat growth (did not feed her any stat items either) and her talents.

Unique NPCs seem too drat good to be RNG. The one I picked up gives *everyone* +10 hit/evade

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If they're doing a sequel I hope they break from using an old version of RPG maker. Just because the AI feels obnoxiously sloooooow on the maps with 30+ enemies. Especially when they aren't even moving. Or at the very least optimize the SRPG scripts if they're using the ones that have floated around since forever ago.

Aside from that, I'd love to see the male magic line be split off from the fighter tree, and more unique unit types in general. Support as a role feels especially neglected outside of healers, and Dragons are fun to pick up midgame (though honestly my only dragon unit is primarily a dedicated chest looter at this point). It's fun as hell when you come up with a unit that just wrecks everything of equivalent level, give us more options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Final map question:

What does it mean when the boss is glowing purple? One shot with one of my shittiest units wiped out the rest of his health after he changed colors so I didn't see what it was going to do