Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I’m 6 or so missions in. Excellent game, very Ogre Battle in the best way possible. Lots of tedium in clicking but switching to a controller makes the UX a thousand times better.

However I’ve skipped a lot of cut scenes. Oh boy do I don’t care about flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

I’d like to see deployment size limit before missions so I can build enough squads without having to go into the mission.

Also a better UI for doing upgrades/sorting units/checking for things like “who has the highest leadership” but that is probably engine limitations

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

My small squads are all just objective doers and out of combat healers. I have a bunch of 1 healer 3 bow nobodies that grab chests and heal the real doom stack squads

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Quixzlizx posted:

Thinking of getting this, and wanted to know if there are any traps to avoid (I saw "not distributing LDR gain to all of your squads" earlier in the thread ) or techs I should definitely be taking early on?

Guns are weird and worth really going into except for the one obvious guy who should have a bunch of cannons.

Make lots of cav. You can move after acting/healing. The whole squad doesn’t have to be cav, just the majority of dudes.

You can freely upgrade/downgrade units including named characters.

Deploy the maximum number of units possible per mission. Make your good units real good but also be able to fill the board with random archer units with a healer attached. Those guys can contribute with bow shots, heals for the real units, captures, and body blocking if needed.

Don’t play on the units that die die for real mode. That’s aggressively not fun. Being able to lose dudes/units and not have to rebuild is worth it.