Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Molybdenum posted:

Just bought this and trying to stay spoiler free.

Permadeath, Y/N? I turned it on to start then I found myself delaying finishing a map so I could get my squads up to a temple to revive. That seems kinda dumb.

No. The game does not feel balanced towards that at all.
It's not a super difficult game but there's enough fiddling about in it without having to worry about troop turnover.

I just beat the game. Fantastic game. Will very likely be on my Top 10 at the end of the year. I even had a soft spot for the more simple fantasy writing after Triangle Strategy's endless political gut punches. Though all the bond stuff is random garbo that only seems to exist because Fire Emblem did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I like that this is more straightforward than Ogre Battle while retaining some of the randomness that game was known for.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 27, 2022

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

is Echoes also a prequel to Symphony of War? I saw in the trailer it uses the same map.