Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Got the climbing gear artifact last night and stuck it on Raskuja’s squad of assassins and skirmishers and my god no archer is safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

From my experience so far you just gotta focus on capturing objectives with them. It’s a big ol’ pain without repeatable missions in yet.

I really love the game but it’s kind of despite LDR and its associated mechanics.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Thank god they changed that chapter 9 challenge because goddamn are those guys terrible and just throw themselves into that meat grinder to fail you out of spite.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I just got to chapter 12 but I’m thinking about restarting and being a little more careful with my units— I spent early game trying to make a small handful of non-story/unique merc lead units work and I feel like that’s making me drag behind coupled with not paying attention to affinities until recently and just using whatever I happened to recruit.

It’s that or put the game on the back burner until repeatable maps get added in and then probably restart anyway. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I really want a Tarot card equivalent now. Even if they were jankily implemented I loved dropping a Tower on some fools.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Any time Stefan’s stupid portrait is on screen I dread the text that’s about to appear.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Where’s my bond where Stefan consigns himself to a lifetime alone like the creepy PUA he is.

I’ve got two that popped up with him for the MC and Diana and both deserve better.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

To be fair, Stefan does not act like a creepy PUA with Diana. They always just act like old friends.

But yeah his Narima interactions are all lol terrible.

That makes it worse, somehow. Like you can be a decent person Stefan, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ulmont posted:

Is there a way to actually grind? I thought it was all story plus limited arena fights?

Weren’t they going to add in repeatable missions or something? Nothing irritates me more in a game like this than an inability to get things up to a suitable level without burning through a limited amount of missions.