Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Honest to god I have read the intro post to countless mafia/werewolf/etc. threads on these forums over the years and I still don't get it. I've played Werewolf irl before and understand the game itself, but every time someone tries to explain how it's been translated over to a forums-based experience nothing makes any sense at all. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I guess since I went ahead and opened up my fat mouth I might as well try; maybe actually playing one will make it click? EST, they/he

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Green Wing posted:

Yet to post: Buncasti; Cloacamazing; My Second Re-Reg.

Oh, I'm here - still feeling appropriately lost lol

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I feel like everybody playing this has way more experience in what "forums mafia" is/does than I do. Unless anybody can convince me otherwise, I'm going for whatever vote seems the most chaotic at the last minute.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Still unconvinced; voting chaos

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

NeverHelm posted:

merely to make this a "pure" newbie game as was originally intended

Jadecore posted:

…I guess this is the mafia newbie experience, huh? :v:

So is anybody else in this thread ACTUALLY a newcomer to this whole thing? Or is it just me over here by myself with no clue what's going on while a bunch of Mafia Veterans stand around and act like it's just another day at the Guessing Game Inc office?

Because at this point, in line with my stated chaos vote, I'm going to start targeting people who keep going on about making this a "newbie experience" while obviously not being newbies themselves. Hearing everyone talk about who's a veteran and who isn't just shows that you're all vets and can't be trusted.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Alrighty, then I double down on my previous statement - I'm now headhunting people who obviously know wtf they're talking about and are trying to steer the rest of us down their own path.

NeverHelm, you're my first vote.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

NeverHelm posted:

No hard feelings! Though I do find it somewhat ironic that you're seemingly trying to rebel against my "veteran influence" (from a single game, mind) by following the spirit of what I suggested that I personally might do if I had no better option: Voting for someone who is, going by your posts in the thread so far, a veteran in your eyes. Or are you actually saying that you think voting out someone who "sounds competent" (thanks, I guess?) is a good idea? It's not like competence by itself is a scum signal, any more than being a veteran is.

Green Wing posted:

Could you elaborate on why you think this is a tell?

I think you two misunderstand me - I'm not attempting to apply game logic to my actions.

I'm spraying down the room with a tommy gun at this point, it's just that NeverHelm is the one putting themselves closest to the heater.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Still saying anybody trying too hard with the whole "logic" thing is just making themselves look suspicious.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

NeverHelm posted:

How is trying to make an informed decision suspicious?

It's Day #1 - there is no information yet, outside of those trying to pipe up and lead the thread, thus making the act of trying to influence the decisions of others suspicious in and of itself.

##vote NeverHelm

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I must've misread the order of posts. Sorry. I still think Re-Reg is acting shifty and I still wonder why NeverHelm is being targeted and not Plastic.

Despite being A Real Vet™, Plastic hasn't actually done anything yet, so I don't feel the need to suspect them of anything. Meanwhile Green Wing and NeverHelm seem to be making each other's arguments for themselves and, conveniently, both turned on me at the same time, for.... the crime of saying that nobody has anything solid to go off of? I didn't pass ~the vibe check~ because I pointed out how attempting to direct public opinion this early on reeks of attempting to steer control of the group?

All I'm saying is, funny how I snagged two votes from Green Wing and NeverHelm before actually voting myself.

And you're drat right I'm aggro. Somebody kidnapped a Pong paddle, I'm surrounded by scum, and my job is to commit forums murder until I either find those pixels or nobody's left to answer who did it. I will burn all of eternity to the ground to reunite those two paddles if I have to.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

cuntman.net posted:

asking again, why neverhelm? [...] their main point was just that we should vote on day one and they werent the only one saying that

This remains my main sticking point - NeverHelm and Green Wing appeared aligned early on. My suspicions lie heavier on someone bandwagoning an idea than the person who made it in the first place, though I think both are ultimately circumspect.

Also: the lot of you will never take me alive.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

ultimately circumspect.

"Suspect". I meant "suspect".

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

cuntman.net posted:

what were they aligned on? was it because they both didnt want to vote for plastic?

From my recollection they were both pushing for a kill vote on D1, which just felt... fishy to me for what's supposed to be a "newcomer friendly" game.

Cloacamazing! posted:

I don't really trust the sudden ganging up on MSSR here. The thread had been going that way for a while, but Green Wing has been pushing for it a bit too hard in my opinion. ##vote Green Wing

Also, thanks. I'm not ready to turn in my badge and gun yet!

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
All I'm gonna contribute is two things:

#1: Now that the scum realized they dogpiled me too hard, they're trying to back off. Smooth work, Scooby gang.

#2:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'm probably going to vote MSRR here simply because they seem to have spent more time complaining about whether or not people are actually new to the game rather than playing it

That's incorrect but if it wasn't it would still be valid. I'll be happy to talk about this after the game, though.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Haul me off in chains, foaming at the mouth and gesticulating wildly at NeverHelm and Green Wing like that one screenshot from It's Always Sunny with the corkboard

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Green Wing posted:

For what it's worth, whether you're town or scum I'm pretty sure that scene is what everybody else is going to be doing in the next day phaser.

Oh no, at this point signing up for this game is gonna be 100% worth it purely just to watch what happens next. :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Many thanks to everyone who hosted/played; even watching from the sidelines and being 100% wrong about literally everything was fun. Anyone reading this who would like to try playing in one of these games should!