Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Icee really fell off it seems. Used to be you could get them in a bunch of gas station, convenience stores, target, etc. now I think the only ones in my city are in a couple movie theaters. Everyone has knockoff icee machines or slushes now. Is this true across the world or just my small slice of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

icees and slushies were never good and consumers are finally realizing it. watered down sno cone trash beverage

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

rip blue raspberry/white cherry 50/50 mix if true

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I have been told that the Slurpee is just a rebranded Icee with the same machine and syrup from the Icee factory, but I can’t believe it. They’re different, the Slurpee is king.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Anonymous Robot posted:

I have been told that the Slurpee is just a rebranded Icee with the same machine and syrup from the Icee factory, but I can’t believe it. They’re different, the Slurpee is king.

Concentration temperature and air to Ice ratio can be altered and create an entirely tastier product

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
beware the false slurry.

----------------

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
give me the plain slush pupppy ice stuff with the flavour bottles in squrt dispensers next to it, please

those were blessed convenience stores

----------------

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Slurpee = coke (with some cheery put in)

Any other iced beverage machine = blue raspberry

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Ever since Circle K dumped the Icee it’s been a random Target snack bar get.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's pretty much just the movies and Target now which yeah is a real bummer. Icees are so much better than CUICKMAHRTFREAZE or whatever. QuikTrip especially desperately needs an upgrade, that poo poo is bad.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Frozen drinks in general are good but I just can’t bring myself to trust that the slurpee machines are ever cleaned inside

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I guess that is the thing best said about QuikTrip slushes is that those poor motherfuckers who work there clean that poo poo out every day. That hose they use must put out really hot water too because when I was there last week and it was 45 C at like 5:00 PM and dude looked like he was going to drop dead right into the Hornchata slush machine. Worse ways to go I reckon tho.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Rick posted:

It's pretty much just the movies and Target now which yeah is a real bummer. Icees are so much better than CUICKMAHRTFREAZE or whatever. QuikTrip especially desperately needs an upgrade, that poo poo is bad.

I don’t know the one target near me now has “slush puppie” and the other one the snack area is closed for reno who knows what it’ll have when it reopens

e: oh I never realized that’s how slush puppie was always spelled

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I had a fanta and blood orange brisk slushee and my wife had a cherry

It was good. Shoulda gone for cherry tho.

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

Ever since Circle K dumped the Icee it’s been a random Target snack bar get.

Those didn't all get replaced with Starbuckses?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They got like 15 kinds of slushy machines at QUIK trip but I rarely see anyone pour one. I had the tropical punch one once but it was definitely way too sweet if you're not a child.

Great flavor though very similar to tropical punch Kool aid

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

I don’t know the one target near me now has “slush puppie” and the other one the snack area is closed for reno who knows what it’ll have when it reopens

e: oh I never realized that’s how slush puppie was always spelled

Slush Puppie is the OG although I would prefer an Icee any day.

Fartington Butts posted:

Depends on the target. My local one has both. It's been a long time since I've beern inside it though to be fair. Like the first weekend of the pandemic where I said to the cashier "well hopefully when this passes things get back to normal quick" and she said, "oh you think this is going to pass?" Smart girl.

They have the best car pick up shopping though so I still use them a lot, I just no longer go inside.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
these days i get the "margarita" flavor. drive thru service too.

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

Our Super Target has a Starbucks and a snack bar with Icees and Pizza Hut and popcorn and poo poo. The crappy regular Target on the other side of town just has Starbucks.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Slush Puppy doesn't exist anymore, does it? I think the last time I saw one was in an Ames somewhere between 1995-2000???

Of all the chain gas stations that have slushy/icee type machines Speedway is the one that my kid craves. You can do cherry/blue raspberry/sprite so its like one of those red white and blue popsicles, or you can squirt some vanilla into a Coke to have a vanilla coke slushy.

My nearest gas station is a Fastrac, and they have Jolly Rancher flavored ones. But it's like really grainy big ice chunks, not a smooth slush or shaved ice. It's the perfect size that you can suck it down hard through a straw without clogging, and also cold enough to give you the worst brainfreeze ever and also make your entire esophagus hurt. And it tastes like cough syrup. Yum!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I’m on the other side of the country for work and I found an icee machine in a target. Icee is still the best, I’ll not sure how it works but it has by far the best texture of any icee/slushy style drink

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The night shift crew at the local 7/11 doesn't charge if the only thing you buy is a slushee and its pretty cool

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I hand them weed as currency often for slushies.

Bribing people with free weed makes me feel like jimmy from good fellas.

For me any day is BYO cup day and the loving size has no limits.

For example: come in growler of white claw cherry. Fill to top with slushie add vodka

Enjoy at beach.

Cost me a gram of shatter but my dude the slushie. It's size and girth. It's very size gave me impotence.

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ziv Zulander posted:

Frozen drinks in general are good but I just can’t bring myself to trust that the slurpee machines are ever cleaned inside

Dude, you aren't supposed to clean them, it's like a good traditional stew. If the pot ever goes empty and gets cleaned you ruin the complex tapestry of sensation and have to start all over. Some movie theatres have been seasoning their Icee machines for almost a century now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i never got sick off an icee, the bonus bits probably made me taller than i would have been otherwise.

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I tried a quick trip knockoff icee. Garbage. Ice crystals so big an iceberg envies

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

did anyone ever redeem their free 25 ICEE POINTS????

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

I tried a quick trip knockoff icee. Garbage. Ice crystals so big an iceberg envies

Yeah they are like 10% away from being shaved ice except shaved ice is good.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i traveled 1.5 miles from my house to a 7-eleven (more like IN-convenience store) and tried a slurpee, and this is an actual good icee knockoff. wonderfully light and fluffy while remaining drinkable. i comboed the cherry and coke and it was like a trip back to my childhood

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Slurpees are better for cola flavors. Icees are better for everything else. I can’t explain it, that’s just how it is.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Truly can’t tell the difference between frozen drinks squirted out of some contraption at the store

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Circle K by the south side of University of Arizona still has an icee machine. Its days might be numbered because over the last two years every Circle K but this one has been renovated and the icee machines are replaced with shake machines that stop working 2 days after the renovation and never work again but at least for now it's there.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Rick posted:

The Circle K by the south side of University of Arizona still has an icee machine. Its days might be numbered because over the last two years every Circle K but this one has been renovated and the icee machines are replaced with shake machines that stop working 2 days after the renovation and never work again but at least for now it's there.

:tipshat: good looking out brother

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am glad to find it since usually every time this thread gets bumped I end up getting an iced beverage of some kind.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There is an Icee stand in NOPE…but it appears to have generic slushy machines instead )=

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I wonder which of these is most equivalent to the defunct Mac’s Froster, which was slightly superior to the Slurpee (overall better consistency)

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I had the burger king icee in the spooky green fanta flavour the other day.

It was alright but I wouldn't get it again.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
McDonalds has the blue raspberry one and I can't get enough of it. The 7-11s has the cherry ones still and those are the best ever.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/thomaslennon/status/85841719559598080?s=20&t=rc0NZGH7YtY_5N4WyQNuFg

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
McDonald’s new Sprite Lymonade Icee owns, and is somehow according to the order board 70 kcal instead of the 110 of the Coke or blue flavor. It’s not really Sprite, it’s lemonade, no idea why the branding, it’s even yellow not clear like Sprite.

As for Coke Zero, I thought that you need sugar for the Icee magic to work?