Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

IcePhoenix posted:

Is 2024 too late for another Brandon Roy comeback attempt

A man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Rick posted:

The Los Angeles Clippers I think.

Don't get my hopes up. If they get to the finals I'd be happy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is kawhi going to play or is he just going to vanish and we will never hear anything from him again

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Im hoping for/predicting a Clippers championship just cuz I really enjoyed seeing the Bucks and Raptors get theirs...generally I'm all for newcomers or franchises that haven't won one in a while getting in, it's just good basketball cosmic justice and usually a decent sign of parity. Which is why Warriors v Celtics was a truly horrifying Alien v Predator situation.
poo poo, I'll even take Phoenix being happy.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
gob lazers

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Prob Boston or Milwaukee from the East, dark horse Philly. Warriors/Suns or Clippers from the West, dark horse of everything clicking into place for Denver. I guess the Lakers could do something but ehh, doesn't seem likely.

I think the path for Boston is to the Finals is easiest since the West looks like a grinder again, so that's where I'd probably put my money.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wolves!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I think the wolves are going to be very, very good. But a championship would require a big leap from Edwards (which is possible!)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9024926/

It's more than just knee repair. This could help revolutionize intravenous drugs. Big problem seems to be repeated application of the hydrogel though.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

I think the wolves are going to be very, very good. But a championship would require a big leap from Edwards (which is possible!)

Yeah my goal is the 2nd round & 50ish wins this season or next season. Anything past that will probably require some additional luck (Nowell or McDaniels becoming very good, Ant taking a big leap, a ridiculous trade). I think they're a solidly outside of contender range right now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1559927283321815041

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Lockback posted:

Yeah my goal is the 2nd round & 50ish wins this season or next season. Anything past that will probably require some additional luck (Nowell or McDaniels becoming very good, Ant taking a big leap, a ridiculous trade). I think they're a solidly outside of contender range right now.

I agree. I think making the 2nd round is for sure the goal. Obviously its just about getting to the playoffs and avoiding the play-in is huge. And then you never know. You never know who will get hurt etc.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This season is going to kick rear end for so many teams I'm mad hype

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

verbal enema posted:

This season is going to kick rear end for so many teams I'm mad hype

I want it now. WNBA doesn't do it for me. I want NBA basketball and I want it nooooowwwww *sliding down the bad egg chute*

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Is 2024 too late for another Brandon Roy comeback attempt

He's busy trying to jockey for position in his dad's media empire with Kendall and Shiv.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

I want it now. WNBA doesn't do it for me. I want NBA basketball and I want it nooooowwwww *sliding down the bad egg chute*

the WNBA lost me when the refs not knowing the rules cost the Lynx a championship, haven't watched it since lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

IcePhoenix posted:

the WNBA lost me when the refs not knowing the rules cost the Lynx a championship, haven't watched it since lol

What happened? I always enjoy the games when I watch them but I haven’t managed to attach to a team or the format yet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

What happened? I always enjoy the games when I watch them but I haven’t managed to attach to a team or the format yet

It was game 5 of 5 in the finals and the other team (I think the sparks?) had a shot clock violation with like a minute left but the refs said she got the shot off before the buzzer, then one of them did the "we'll review it after a dead ball" signal. The shot gave them a 2 point lead and on the dead ball said "oh yeah since it's under 2 minutes we can't go back and review it." On the replays it was blatantly obvious that they missed the call and it would have been wiped off. The Sparks won by a point on a last second shot.

e: trying to find exact details led me to find that Secret Base did a rewinder on the game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx3yh34pHPg

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I wouldn't let that 2016 thing impair your enjoyment of what's some very solid basketball on the skill front. I just love the superhuman size and strength of the nba + that skill stuff. You take one from the other and it's any old sport

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

I wouldn't let that 2016 thing impair your enjoyment of what's some very solid basketball on the skill front. I just love the superhuman size and strength of the nba + that skill stuff. You take one from the other and it's any old sport

I'm honestly the same way but I was trying to give the WNBA a chance since the Lynx were basically the only team worth anything here at the time but they just instantly lost me with that.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

It was game 5 of 5 in the finals and the other team (I think the sparks?) had a shot clock violation with like a minute left but the refs said she got the shot off before the buzzer, then one of them did the "we'll review it after a dead ball" signal. The shot gave them a 2 point lead and on the dead ball said "oh yeah since it's under 2 minutes we can't go back and review it." On the replays it was blatantly obvious that they missed the call and it would have been wiped off. The Sparks won by a point on a last second shot.

e: trying to find exact details led me to find that Secret Base did a rewinder on the game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx3yh34pHPg

I've seen similarly egregious calls in the NBA. poo poo happens.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vox Nihili posted:

I've seen similarly egregious calls in the NBA. poo poo happens.

not in game 7 of the finals when your home team is the one that gets hosed by it though lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
King stay the King...in LA

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1559977738282287109

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cleveland don't need him yet so he stay

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Lebron is my favorite player of all time but man do those contracts seem like they’re getting risky now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

i am a moron posted:

Lebron is my favorite player of all time but man do those contracts seem like they’re getting risky now.

It's Lebron

Plus the contracts are the same as they've ever been as a % of the cap. It's not riskier if it's the same percentage.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

full schedules are out

also

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1559982000324624386

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

i am a moron posted:

LeBron will be a huge draw even when he declines (not to mention the media/merch/national games boost he brings), so I think it's a safe contract from a team revenue, if not necessarily W/L record, perspective.

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1559983415641899008?s=20&t=JxNiuIfPuiKNJABqy0r5gA

you can hardly walk 10 feet without someone going on at length about the historic bulls/hornets rivalry

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Art Core...velay posted:

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1559983415641899008?s=20&t=JxNiuIfPuiKNJABqy0r5gA

you can hardly walk 10 feet without someone going on at length about the historic bulls/hornets rivalry

Ball bros, bro

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lonzo Ball is not going to play single game this year.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

It’s also past vs present MJ

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lonzo Ball is not going to play single game this year.

pipe down he's going to be ready for camp (lol)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Art Core...velay posted:

pipe down he's going to be ready for camp (lol)

This is Classic Bulls Injury Escalation where he was initially out for a few weeks, then the season, and we are like a week away from learning he had a spinal tap and now uses a cane.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Art Core...velay posted:

Who can forget B.J. Armstrong’s heel turn?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

i am a moron posted:

Who else are they giving that money too? It also guarantees he breaks the scoring record in a Lakers jersey.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I still don't like the Pistons Bulls game in Paris. If you want to bring the NBA to outside markets, do it during preseason. Also maybe use teams that have won something recently.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Vertical Lime posted:

full schedules are out

lol Clippers start by playing 3 games in the first 4 days, and have 15 back-to-backs.

Luckily they don’t have any 5-in-7s this season - they must have bitched about what happened last year.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
LeBron averaged 30 ppg last year. He's still an elite player and the biggest draw in the league, not the kind of guy you tell "well, you're getting up there in years and you've been hurt quite a bit the last couple of seasons, so we can't offer the full annual max."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I mean if he really wants to play with his son (which who knows if thats true, or if Bronny is good enough) he's going to be playing on the MLE somewhere at some point.