Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Fast Luck posted:

got Rolo and otto wrong 5/7

This was also my score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Deal zone back on the menu boys

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1559604416906272768

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The deal zone never left us

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Paul Zuvella posted:

The deal zone never left us

Can the deal zone send Dallas a back up point guard already?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

quote:

The Charlotte Hornets and Washington Wizards are also among the teams pursuing Mitchell, those sources said.

lol sure

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

6/7 baby

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Gottem all but Robin Lopez

I guess he was signed to be both tutor and backup to and and from certains someonez

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dejan Bimble posted:

Gottem all but Robin Lopez

I guess he was signed to be both tutor and backup to and and from certains someonez

Just so long as he's not tutoring on rebounding, because I am pretty sure there's at least one season where he had a worse RPG than the career average of Muggsy Bogues

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's been a while since I read it but Rolo is a weird one and I think is generally a plus for rebounding.

I'd have to go look for it but I remember from his Bulls run him being a box out and like for lack of a better team rebound creator for the team.

Like any big man or guard that plays with him has like some of their best rebounding seasons ever as he is good at lspecifically boxing out and letting his wings and guards and other bigs secure an easy rebound.

I believe there was also something like his Offensive rebound rate is absurdly good for how few defensive rebounds he gets or something, I'm at work so can't look it up.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Yeah, both of the Lopez brothers are typically excellent at boxing out and creating easy boards for others, their teams are almost always significantly better at rebounding with them on the floor

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
5/7, thought Dante went to Sacramento for some reason and didn't know RoLo switched teams over the offseason.

Not bad for 90% of my basketball content consumption being just reading this thread and listening to the odd No Dunks episode.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I got a 6/7 i mean 7/7 gently caress, theyre going to know I lied

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/damichaelc/status/1559645915870273543?s=21&t=bZONIjPgWFjzP23q1m9pFg

The Memphis offense requires a big who can step out and credibly drain threes, so now with Jaren hurt, the Big Kiwi must rise

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

5/7, thought Dante went to Sacramento for some reason and didn't know RoLo switched teams over the offseason.

Not bad for 90% of my basketball content consumption being just reading this thread and listening to the odd No Dunks episode.

Donte was on Sacramento but they let his contract expire in what was at first a confusing move that was later proven to be a good choice because it let them trade for Huerter, a huge upgrade in every way. And Donte didn’t like it in Sac

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Spacebump posted:

Aside from Dirk hating Schroder....is there another choice out there?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CoolRanch posted:

Utah is in rebuilding mode and has 3 point guards that probably don't to rebuild.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Utah is in rebuilding mode and has 3 point guards that probably don't to rebuild.

And there's the obvious Mavs signing candidate Eric Bledsoe for if they miss out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CoolRanch posted:

This is what I came here to post. Why is Dennis Schroder begging LeBron for the last spot in the Lakers roster there has to be somewhere else for him.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dexo posted:

It's been a while since I read it but Rolo is a weird one and I think is generally a plus for rebounding.

I'd have to go look for it but I remember from his Bulls run him being a box out and like for lack of a better team rebound creator for the team.

Like any big man or guard that plays with him has like some of their best rebounding seasons ever as he is good at lspecifically boxing out and letting his wings and guards and other bigs secure an easy rebound.

I believe there was also something like his Offensive rebound rate is absurdly good for how few defensive rebounds he gets or something, I'm at work so can't look it up.

Ooooooooo. That's the kind of obscure stat-adjacent content I crave. You know, I never really paid attention. I always kind of liked him on the court but could never really articulate why. Poor Rolo gets the Shane Battier treatment, where his play doesn't translate directly to the box score.

But I guess if he had flashier numbers at the cost of a worse overall experience, we'd have to call him Werther's Original.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

The Untouchable Rodrigue Beaubois needs a job!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Veryslightlymad posted:

Ooooooooo. That's the kind of obscure stat-adjacent content I crave. You know, I never really paid attention. I always kind of liked him on the court but could never really articulate why. Poor Rolo gets the Shane Battier treatment, where his play doesn't translate directly to the box score.

But I guess if he had flashier numbers at the cost of a worse overall experience, we'd have to call him Werther's Original.

Watch those two a little closer next time and you may notice them using their ogre strength to box out two players at once.

Offensive rebounding is a hard thing to determine where to give credit to, though. A lot of it is dependent on what kinds of shots are being created. A player who draws double teams at the rim creates lots of easy put back opportunities for their teammates, for example.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
But, yeah, look at team rebounding percentage of different lineups in addition to individual rebounding percentages to get a better idea of who is doing what when you are unable to watch game footage.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://youtu.be/sQSFR8FCyEg

Clean

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I saw that Jalen Harris was reinstated after his one year "drug of abuse" suspension. Is there any precedent for players coming back from that sort of absence? The Raptors really seemed to miss him last year, as odd as that sounds. "Dude off the bench who scores" is exactly what they needed somewhere in the 8th-10th man spot.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

This was always true of Brook, too. He would average 6 rebounds a game, but his team were always starkly better at rebounding with him on the floor

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I wanna see those sumo boys dunk, I assume they can because they're usually relatively tall and insanely strong

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
What sorcery is this? Sumo aren't supposed to go outside the circle.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
6'1'' is a bit short, but he can hit threes and for sure bang in the post. Open up the sumo->NBA pipeline

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hello. I went 2/2 and 2/7 overall in the fun game.

Who do you think will win the NBA Championship?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Open up the sumo->NBA pipeline
oliver miller and dejuan blair walked so that they could run.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cavauro posted:

The Los Angeles Clippers I think.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Untouchable Rodrigue Beaubois needs a job!

The Legend of Roddy Buckets will never die.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cavauro posted:

If every team is healthy, i'd say the Bucks are the favorite. I'd also say they're more likely to be healthy than most of the other contenders so

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Cavauro posted:

Hmm. A lot of factors to consider, a lot of what have yoTHE CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVELAND CAVALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Gotta be the Celtics. Get to the finals, lose Theis, who seemed to only provide some stability into the team partway through the season until they figured out how to not need him, like some kind of human shim, but then they picked up Brogdon and Gallo?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Brolander posted:

Hmm. A lot of factors to consider, a lot of what have yoTHE CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVELAND CAVALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS

It's this

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Cavauro posted:

My brain says the Bucks, but I'll be damned if I bet against the Warriors after last season.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://newatlas.com/medical/hydrogel-outperforms-natural-cartilage/

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Gotta be the Celtics. Get to the finals, lose Theis, who seemed to only provide some stability into the team partway through the season until they figured out how to not need him, like some kind of human shim, but then they picked up Brogdon and Gallo?

That's a fair pick too. Gallo is in decline but they don't need much from him, and Brogdon is a huge addition. Unfortunately he's also a big health risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is 2024 too late for another Brandon Roy comeback attempt