Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

Patrick Williams and Ayo are still on the team.

Those are post-Coby picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
monkeu just uses the Warriors (and Drake) for an obnoxious online persona. I don't believe he really cares about either.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

He absolutely cares. This is what the majority of fandom looks like. His posts are like if I wrote down a conversation with a coworker.

The internet is a microcosm and this thread even more so. You can't assume everyone talks about sports in a level headed manner. Most people like sports for extreme pride or unrelenting poo poo talk. I think it's kind of weird he gets chain banned but only in the sense that yeah it's lovely to read his brick wall posts about Lebron but if you were to point that out in real life in a group of people talking sports everyone would look at you sideways. What I'm saying is thank you NBA N/V for being cool

He didn't start posting here until he got threadbanned from the rap thread after he randomly decided his whole thing was gonna be posting about Drake/Pusha T in the most annoying way possible. Then he just did the same gimmick but about Steph Curry/LeBron. He's a middle aged guy on the other side of the planet willing to spend $50 to annoy people online for a day. Fandom's got nothing to do with it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
His lone college season was only 11 games or something too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

surf rock posted:

Isn't the problem with having cap space this year that the free agent pool is terrible compared to next year?

Detroit will never get a superstar in FA so you kind of take what you can get and hope it works out better than Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva or Josh Smith. We need a real center and Ayton would fit very well.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Who was that dude the Mars drafted who ended up not existing?

22-year-old Targuy Ngombo, who turned out to actually be 27-year-old Tanguy Ngombo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

Remember that time the Pistons signed like 8 centers

Everyone made fun of that and then they immediately flipped a couple of them and they had a normal amount of centers on the roster.

Think we're officially bowing out of the Ayton sweepstakes with this one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Does the NBA have a precedent for dealing with DV cases? I can't think of any high profile ones like with the NFL. But there are way more NFL players than NBA players.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I loved the Josh Smith airplane celebration whenever he would hit a three to go 1/7 for the night.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

snyprmag posted:

This reminds me that bball reference lists Giannis as a SG in '15 and a PG in '16. What were they trying for there?

Jason Kidd famously tried to make Point Giannis a thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

This is a strange post it's a video game cover and Booker is popular. If you're still confused look at the people who have been on the cover for America's most popular sport Madden

Who could be the Peyton Hillis of the NBA?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pistons are probably winning 25 games.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

He's always been weirdly progressive on LGBT rights both by professional athlete standards and by registered Republican from Alabama standards.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Americans (if not all people) generally have idiosyncratic and often contradictory politics.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zogo posted:

Andrei Tarkovsky films have done that for me. It feels like the brain has been removed and put into a lemon squeezer and then put back.

Stalker would be better if it was set in The Deal Zone

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

verbal enema posted:

he also does a bunch of "getting mad about issues" and then just kinda floats away a lot too

So does Pop and everyone else with that type of platform. Rich sports coaches are not going to be revolutionaries.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah unlike most types of player there have not been progressively larger and more athletic versions of Shaq over the years and likely won't be.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They should have a Bison Dele night.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ammanas posted:

a nice east coast jewish boy married a serbian or croat [same thing] its worth commenting on i dont begrudge

Zach Lowe isn't Jewish he's just neurotic

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

We could have gotten him back long ago if the government had thrown in a couple of first round draft picks and henry kissinger's expiring contract

Danny Ainge almost traded for him in 2020.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
NFL linemen are supposed to carry that sort of bulk and they don't routinely jump 45" in the air over the course of a game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

are there any unused nazi supes in the mcu universe for homelander to team up with

Finally we can get Swarm in the MCU

E: Sorry Dexo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Whenever I see Jonathan Kuminga's name I think of Kumonga the giant spider.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Those aren’t even old enough to be a throwback. John Wall played in them!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/1558480162999750656?t=NpdbOHN94ZIhqbNbjgSiZQ&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Art Core...velay posted:

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1559983415641899008?s=20&t=JxNiuIfPuiKNJABqy0r5gA

you can hardly walk 10 feet without someone going on at length about the historic bulls/hornets rivalry

Who can forget B.J. Armstrong’s heel turn?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

2K blowing out the franchise mode might get me back in for the first time in years

Considering how many of their historic teams are full of generic guys because they can’t get the rights to everyone (shoutout the 04 Pistons without Sheed or Tayshaun) I am skeptical of them having period accurate rosters and classes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
David Robinson and Tim Duncan are both up there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The thing with him is that Lafayette Lever was already an incredible name.

Nene means "baby" in Brazilian Portuguese. Imagine losing a rebound to a guy named just Baby.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

I still chuckle reading some r/nba karma post where all the Seattleites were circle jerking themselves about how Seattle is actually the real Mecca of basketball because it rains there all the time so kids have no choice but to spend their time at indoor gyms

An extra dumb take since the summer barely has rain at all!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/WMorales_BFTV/status/1562635976165339139

Lmao they are making a TV show about this?

Also JJ Reddick's actor has me dying.

"Sarunas Jackson" is an auto generated name.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I would think Chet's weight would make him less likely to get chronic foot injuries specifically.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe it’s because my team sucks but the whole “just extend him because he’s young “ and “what else are you going to do” reasoning is how you end up trying desperately to dump Buddy Hield. Also I’m relatively glad we didn’t end up extending WCS or Bagley or Harry Giles

Buddy Hield was older when he was drafted then RJ is now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How much is single team pass now? I didn't see that in there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

They don’t have prices posted publicly yet but if you were subscribed last year they should have emailed you about it

I've been doing sportsurge streams the past couple of seasons because it was hard to justify $120 for the Pistons.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol
https://twitter.com/ThompsonScribe/status/1565048641630371842?t=2s7zWLoaeAhHTwLVLSijWQ&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Good Morning, Cavtain

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

I feel bad for Lauri

He'll be incredibly popular in Utah.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

toggle posted:

If there’s more teams in the league does that mean that the regular season would run for longer?

Probably would just mean that you play all your in conference, non-divisional opponents three times instead of playing some three times and some four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/CrainsChicago/status/1571898300055564296?t=wkdHoYoPRagZF8atQZnuPQ&s=19

This is one six foot putt I can't make one on one Saudis let's have a party