Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Me doing the Rudy gay vs Toronto voice over, but looking at this tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
it's bad enough I've had to watch Zaza Pachulia and Miles Plumlee. It's like we're on this lovely trajectory to eventually get Grayson Allen too.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

Stephen. A doesn't really care, it's all shtick.

This is 100% true but this clip raises a serious question regarding Stephen A Smith's spice rack. This guy said paprika, black pepper, salt, nothing. What does this man child cook with? Does he even cook? Is Stephen A afraid of flavor?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dexo posted:

Boston industrial complex.

But on the serious side, very few of the talking heads do their homework at any higher of a level than Perkins, only like Tim Legler, JJ Reddick, Jalen Rose when he wants to, and formerly Givony, and a few others I'm probably forgetting(Chiney Ogwumike I generally like) actually do their homework.

Everyone else is largely just like better at talking "for" TV than Perk is. So while they are saying poo poo that is often equally as stupid, they sound "better" because of how they specifically word and say things. While Perk is just talking like that dude in the barbershop lol.

Perk made a comp Paolo Banchero to a combination of Michael Beasley and Ben Simmons lmao

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
^^^

jackofarcades posted:

I mean from the sound of it, they just ask Perk to pick a side and say some dumb stuff and he's willing to do it and sound stupid doing it.

Yeah, he's just another part of the ESPN drama machine. He's a hot take merchant, much like Paul Pierce was before him. It generates "audience engagement," regardless of who says it. He's got a job as long as he doesn't do something stupid in his personal life.

Chauncey pretending he got the pieces to pull a Warriors lottery to leader run is just the most delusional poo poo lol

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Can you post all the hot takes again, Zogo? Let's have some post-season laughs together. I'm pretty sure mine was scorchingly bad.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks Zogo.

Even though my take was deffo 100% accurate and undeniable regardless of what records or documented evidence from articles show, I'm advocating for Brolander and A Perfect Twist.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Vic is everything but its also a much better draft next year. Imagine Detroit having an actual promising future

This is me living in a Post-Doldrummonds world

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
This just in: Kyrie Irving has requested a sign-and-trade from this reality. Kevin Durant frustrated with nets FO, believes they didn't work hard enough to convince him on object permanence.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
@UFAMasonNBA EXCLUSIVE: Source in Ben Simmons camp say he brought a solid point among the many Nets points to bring Kyrie back into the fold. Full story on the .@3andDeezNutz podcast

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

JimmyButlerSquintingAtPaper.jpg

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

let's not disparage the deal zone before we've even seen any deals!!!!!!

Deal Zone is washed. FO should negotiate a buyout or stretch. Get Deal Zone outta here.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Lockback posted:

Just, please note if you took any player you could come up with two minutes and change of terrible plays. I'd wager the worst two minutes of Jokics season looks pretty comparable.

Dokmo already got a good song lined up

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Maybe Diallo and Olynyk going the other way? Or is this the trade that seals Killian Hayes' time in Detroit?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Lol win mañana is good

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The Spurs are pulling the qualifying offer on Lonnie Walker IV, making him an unrestricted free agent, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Expect a strong market for Market immediately.

He's probably just fixing the typo

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

I like this. Will be interesting what he does now that the team will have a full pre-season together.

Pistons also signed Kevin Knox lol

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Lol, Windhorst is cringe as all hell

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
"Ainge, what is that devilish mastermind up to, I wonder aloud... and why is everyone watching UTAH...?"

Meanwhile, Ainge is shopping Gobert and getting laughed at for asking for an all star and 2x first round picks.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Pistons sending Cade, Stewart, Bey, and Hayes all to summer league with Ivey. Intentionally trying to build chemistry early and get as many reps together as possible before the season starts. Please no preseason injuries.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

As or the Marvin Bagley deal, I can only ask why

As for the Kevin Knox deal, I can only cry

Kevin Knox scouting report: best talent described as "Plausible Deniable-Tankability."

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Danny Five Picks

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

morestuff posted:

Lol who was the guy in the thread saying we were going to be shocked at how little return Utah would get for Rudy

I mean, I made a joke about Ainge getting laughed at for asking for an all star and two picks for Gobert.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He was so loving fun to watch during his Pistons season. The dunks and blocks? Chef kiss

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dexo posted:

I would trade my sister for Kevin Durant ngl

Doc rivers account spotted

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
DC Heat is a weird kid who used to post "white nerd goes into the hood and wrecks hoopers!!!" And now he posts the same videos while dropping bible verses.

Really weird that the NBA is signal boosting that kid.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Pistons I think have one player too many on the roster, so they are cutting someone or doing something. I lean towards doing something. Pistons are probably going to move some players for assets closer to the beginning of the season, when playoff teams know what holes they need to fill. Should not expect any move that would be considered win now, because the core of this team is still two years from being playoff contenders. Smart money is still on being one of the worst teams in the league again.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

The beat guys saying Jalen Duren is going to share the court with Olynyk and beef stew tells you all you need to know about the commitment to winning. Also the fact that the only 'shooter' they brought in was Alec Burks

Wayne Ellington sitting as an UFA is so sad. I love that guy. He can still shoot!

I do hope one of Olynyk and Noel gets moved. I really don't see Stewart as shooting better than 33% and I'd rather he work on his PnR game than switch to some corner three big guy.

OzFactor posted:

I don't know if the East play-in is all that far-fetched, the Pacers and Hornets are both worse and the Nets, well, who knows what the Nets are going to be. Did the Knicks really get any better? Maybe the Wizards are healthier? I don't think 10th place for Detroit is unreasonable.

I don't think any team needs to do anything special to stay above the Pistons. Pistons haven't done anything short term to really move the needle. They might look better but, as Dejan pointed out, it sounds like the GM and coach will be doing lineup poo poo to intentionally develop players and lose games.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Thibs, drunk and disheveled in a New York karaoke bar, crying as he sings "We've only just begun."

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Larry Nance Jr said on RJ and Frye's podcast that the reason big names don't do the dunk competition is because people like Kenny, Shaq, Charles, and Kevin Hart are involved and no one wants to get clowned on.

Lol soft

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

JackBandit posted:

There’s gotta be a way to get Giannis in there

Wrong!!! Is lie!!!

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

The Maestro posted:

New thread title

Th Taking of Courtside Seat Cover 123

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

I think teams should have the ability to restructure contracts, obviously with the consent of the player, but to provide some potential flexibility to signings should a team find itself strapped down for 2-3 years with zero hope due to making too many bad bets on guys that don't pay off.

The player should be incentivized to do it, maybe with more years at less per and with the hope of improving the team's chances of success. Just spitballing a bit, not sure how many ripple effects would follow.

This does exist. It's called stretching a contract. It's half of the infamous waive and stretch.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

If they're giving rings out for the Summer League champions then he should get a Summer League MVP trophy.

There already is one. It's a framed NFT of that tweet.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Lol get rinsed idiot

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
KD to his Agent: "Send me to the one place Kyrie never going to."

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Jaylen Brown working out in a pool cause being engulfed in gallons of chlorine is the only way his unvaccinated rear end can do gym work without getting measles

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Honestly it's because people of jersey buying age are now too young to know the misery of those teams. The promise of grant hill, front office blowing it, and then grant playing hurt in miami series just to lose in the first round. Have him leave detroit because of bad advice from team doctors, and go from superstar to role player. Brutal. The only thing about it is that joe dumars ended up as GM and brought them to the going to work era with the refuse of the teal years

This + sad to admit Benny The Bull is the only good mascot in the NBA.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
39 years old. After he has one-upped Jordan again by getting Bronny into the NBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Texas penalizing Shump for being the guy that brought enough for everyone in class