Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

xbilkis posted:

The Tatum chip is regretfully the best of the basketball player chips

They’re great can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

xbilkis posted:

One, I think it's good to have Kevin Durant on your basketball team. Two, it's probably worth at least one more attempt at getting a relatively healthy KD/Kyrie season free of COVID distraction, see how Simmons meshes before you blow it up

it comes down to if you think Kyrie plays better when he's being outrageous.

if you think he's better the more outrageous he acts then you would drop him as the nets because you don't have time for that again. if you're another team you might take a chance on that. if you think he's better when he's more focused on basketball you keep him on the nets and hope he has less to be outrageous about this year. if you're another team you have to assume a new environment will give him something new to be outrageous about.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Chuck has a good heart, he just also has Joe Rogan brain sometimes and can be convinced by a casual argument to entirely believe and repeat something.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Supposedly it was Milwaukee who preferred Monta in the Bogut trade

Ya, this has always been the story - Milwaukee got to pick and went with Monta

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

a truly undefeated poster. anyone tagging him at this point just wants to be humiliated

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

kd can't be surrounded by these subpar posters

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

It’s happening. The Bucks are wearing purple again. Next year is a lock now.

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1557743894246432768?s=20&t=XSId85o3D08N4fovSPA63Q

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

It’s also past vs present MJ

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

this is a joke

he's joking

haha, funny one giannis

please don't leave

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Dexo posted:

do not give a poo poo until they put it on the PC

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

A bucks star named Colby would be a legend

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Zogo posted:

LeBron James, Udonis Haslem Set To Join NBA’s 20-Season Club
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/08/lebron-james-udonis-haslem-set-to-join-nbas-20-season-club.html

:vince: The alliteration was popular today.

Some more that just came to mind:

Jalen Juggs
Markelle Multz
Windy Waters III
Mason Mlumlee
Andre Ayton
DeAndre Drummond
Patty Pills
Matty Mills
Correy Craig
Klay Clompson
McDoug McDermott
Talen Torton-Tucker
Halen Horton-Hucker
Shai Shilgeous-Shalexander
Rudy Ray
Rudolph Robert

This is just how scooby doo talks now

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Hames Harden is an Amish man with the same beard

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Dexo posted:

Like so much of the NBA outside of like the like 1A Heliocentric stars so much of an individual's success is based around the players and org around them.

I knew there were flat earthers but geocentrism is next level. Transcendent thinking.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Red Rox posted:

Me dumb - how do 8 teams go to the finals but only 2 of them play an extra game?

all the tournament games except the final are part of the 82-game regular season. so you'd play 78 real regular season games and 4 tournament games or whatever.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Have they said why anyone should care about this or how this impact the league at all? If the games are just part of the regular season what’s the point?

winning

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Cant wait for my team to raise the midseason tournament winner banner!!!

this but unironically because i enjoy the sport

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

I realize this may come as a surprise to you but you just dont have to care about things because they exist. Its ok to have standards and ask questions!

this bit you do isn't a surprise to anyone

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Some knicks fo person has had his phone confiscated in the brunson tampering investigation

i would be unsurprised if mike lindell worked in the knicks fo

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

What on Earth would that accomplish? Do you think the owners would then appoint someone better than Silver, if they can successfully jade him the hell out?

"if i don't do it someone else will be worse" is bullshit

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Lockback posted:

I think the Kidd pathway is to be an rear end in a top hat to fix things and then have everything go to poo poo because your an rear end in a top hat.

Ya it’s this. He can take a team from 0 to 80% or so but then you gotta get him out before it explodes

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

You think “oh he’s being an rear end in a top hat to get them into shape” then they get into shape and he just keeps on being an rear end in a top hat

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

"one the" doing a lot of heavy lifting there

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Maybe he gets a better deal selling right before expansion adds two more teams with zero legacy

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Zogo posted:

The season starts in less than a month. Welcome to the tenth annual preseason poll. Tempus fugit i.e. time flies:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4GxaKwItz3TnRYwcNyNFx4to0C_NsP-FRgkzqrv2AtDBBDg/viewform

I will be there to once again call jokic overrated because I choose violence

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Harlock posted:

If you're gonna suspend Ime for a year just fire him at that point

this is the crazy part to me. if he did something you can suspend him a year for you can probably get out of the contract

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Know what time it is? Simmons drama time.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

this used to be a hilarious broken clock thing and now it's like a telltale heart

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

i have no idea what he's even trying to say and i think thats only 50% because i'm a giannis fanboy

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

snyprmag posted:

I think he's saying he is just like Giannis cause he also gets flack for missing free throws and clanking threes, while ignoring that Giannis makes up for it by not being a coward.

giannis gets flak for taking 3s, a criticism ben probably wishes he had again him at this point

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

there is a followup question in the interview with ben and it has blessed us

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1580927094791421953?s=20&t=a3fuklOV2f85gbIhchHMIA

Ben can make great plays. He's speaking it into existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

things you say when your mind is definitely right

quote:

To this point -- I've never been in an arena where the whole place is chanting "F--- Ben Simmons!" [March 10 at 76ers]. What was that like?

Simmons: That's when I didn't play, right? When I was hurt. I don't really know how I felt, because I don't take it personally.

working with kyrie was the worst case scenario for ben

quote:

Have you talked to [Durant and Irving] specifically about handling the criticism that comes your way?

Simmons: Me and Ky literally were just talking about it before practice. He's like 'Why is everybody on our heads?' F---, we're interesting people, I guess. Some guys you wouldn't talk about because you just don't care.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34789444/nets-ben-simmons-dishes-joel-embiid-air-balls-kd-more