Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

updating calendar for when the bulls are officially BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1538564693366693889?s=20&t=daVIWPwJ7Hu-0PIx66KZFA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

So they’re sign and trading him then.

googling airfare to temecula

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every single "source" tweet until thursday is a literal lie

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chilihead posted:

Of course this is Bullshit, no pun intended. However i ran it through the old trade machine it works fine as long as you can still sign LaVine after the trade. I wonder what else the Jazz would want besides.....(checks notes) Vucevic,next years Portland pick, this years Bulls pick but i actually think that is unavailable via stepian rule. what else?

pat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i remain flummoxed by this. if the bulls were to trade vooch for gobert, they'd be taking an offense that everyone is screaming doesn't have enough shooting and would take a center who can theoretically shoot and drag someone out to the perimeter to create lanes for zach and demar for a guy who can only shoot 3 inches from the basket and would allow the other team to just camp their shotblockers in the paint.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

morestuff posted:

I mostly just can’t believe another team couldn’t beat that kind of piss-poor offer

i mean it's all just rumors. the new bulls' FO is really tight-lipped and a lot of their big moves (except ball, everyone saw that coming) have come out of nowhere, so i regard any bulls rumors as bullshit until they actually happen.

speaking of ball, it would be really cool if ball's knee wasn't completely dead next season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

I was in Sausalito yesterday having breakfast having to overhear people gushing over how funny Klay is and how the Warriors are the only discussion for what post MJ basketball looks like

you should have hit them with a game-used kosta koufos towel

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ammanas posted:

why isnt Spencer Dinwiddie on that crypto chart

the Widcoin is holding steady

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm going to do Pre-draft Disinformation

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WELCOME TO THE DEAL ZONE BABY
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1539729017326243840?s=20&t=hKO10D3cMNxVaYDLHiibQw

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

God drat we are all desperate for some action aren’t we

The moktherfuckin deal zone is OPEN FOR BUSINESS

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thinking about MJ hiring Jim Boylen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You absolutely can!

e: Sharing my other favorite sports book, a collection of found poetry composed entirely of players' press statements.

is the dejonte murray Mean Ball tat in that book

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Published in 2003

Time for a new edition!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who will be the first nba player to break the joker barrier and come in with a Leto??

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow i feel personally attacked by cam here

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dalen Terry seems like every wing the Bulls have drafted in the last decade, honestly hope he's more playable than Troy brown jr.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I love the NBA https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1540173243973255170?s=20&t=eBSKmgIu1oZwUwLwuLypsA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

I hope this is a long con to trade the wrong one to someone

Who was that dude the Mars drafted who ended up not existing?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

That seems like as much of a...I don't know....favor??? as anything else.

I remember when a bunch of Northwestern guys always got to play in summer league for the Pelicans because Dell Demps's kid played for the cats (tre demps was an extremely fun college player).

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

https://streamable.com/zhoym4
https://streamable.com/l3yd9o

Stephen A.'s pain.... well, it don't exactly give me life, but I do wonder why the man keeps giving his heart to the Knicks.

Ditto for Spike Lee.

Stephen. A doesn't really care, it's all shtick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm old enough to still be surprised that Cockburn wasn't even drafted, that dude would have been a lottery pick ten years ago.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls signed Justin Lewis, an absolute tank of a forward from Marquette whose signature move seems to be shoving guys around like bowling pins and getting and ones but also jacking up 3s to a 2-way deal. Cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Reading an article about how Pat Williams is training with DeMar in LA as basically a Get That Dog In Him Camp and I'm ready to get unreasonably excited about pat making The Leap.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

They look like Blanka from Street Fighter was made into a shoe.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress Rudolph Gobert this is a Dalen Town now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I would like to see a TV show that goes "in the lab" with Stacey King as he cooks up a catchphrase for vicious dalen terry dunks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I WILL NEVER LEAVE THE DEAL ZONE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how did i never put it together that Arturas Karnisovas was the dude on the '92 Lithuania Team who was taking pictures on the sideline when the Dream Team was playing them? i watched that movie twice!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

So as far as I can tell, assuming they sign Zach, the bulls will have a $6 million tax payer mid-level to sign a competent backup big and also a guy who has heard of three pointers, that looks like that gets them utter poo poo. Better hope Pat and Ayo become insanely good and lonzo's knees work.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls fans are losing our minds
https://twitter.com/SBN_Ricky/status/1541857693509492743?s=20&t=C1QRHCifSgeiUbB56qTHzQ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

Which fanbase will win the Derrick Jones Jr lottery and get to see 40 extremely sick dunks this season?

DJJ rules, Billy had him playing somehow as a small ball 5 and was clearly better than Tony bradley

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1541885254973153280?s=20&t=0c1jY0Hj3SvKiLozTNdlQw

Lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Do they make juggs machines for basketballs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let's not disparage the deal zone before we've even seen any deals!!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't see a realistic path for the bulls to upgrade the roster at all through FA, it's bleak out there man.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

There is no path for any team to upgrade their roster in free agency this year, Brunson is like the only FA of note.

The hope for the Bulls is, Pat and Ayo taking a step forward, Pat after he came back when everyone was hurt was looking pretty good near the end of the year. And that you can get a healthy Lonzo and Caruso back.

As when those two were healthy and playing the Bulls were literally the number one seed in the east. The Bulls like never had their complete team the entire year.

And then find a big who's not Tony Bradley and find some other big wing. who can shoot. and maybe stand in front of someone.

And Next year they have more freedom to make moves.

I am still prepared to enter the Deal Zone

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

I'm still trying to will a Vucevic trade into existence. I assume they're going to end up signing someone like Chris Boucher for most or all of the MLE, maybe trade Coby for a generic 3&D guy or pick a guy like Rodney McGruber off the scrapheap of free agent wings, but even considering the injuries I don't see how the front office can legitimately look at how last season ended and think "We just gotta make some moves on the margins and run it back."

Fuckin, go after Ayton now that Detroit seems to be out on him, I dunno

I believe in Big Vooch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TAMPERING RULES ARE BULLSHIT GIVE US BACK OUR SECOND ADAM YOU BALD rear end in a top hat