Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples

deep dish peat moss posted:

Okay here is a happy ending for this series of posts, I refilled my weird 19 day prescription for my adderall today :toot: and in 2-3 days I get the new medication 30-day filled too. So not only do I have my meds, but I have a buffer to cover myself in case of any shortages in the future.

happy for you and glad you were able to also switch to a more available medication :toot:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Okay here is a happy ending for this series of posts, I refilled my weird 19 day prescription for my adderall today :toot: and in 2-3 days I get the new medication 30-day filled too. So not only do I have my meds, but I have a buffer to cover myself in case of any shortages in the future.

so glad that you've got that sorted and a bit of insurance there

and on top of what kalel said, which is entirely correct, just know that it's not your fault that they're like this. you deserve much better and sending you good thoughts friend

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Viginti Septem posted:

What do you enjoy doing?

that’s a hard question because like.. i like doing a lot of things creative-wise. but with music specifically, i enjoyed music as a hobby because i used it as an escape. then when I started taking classes for it, and it became something i had to study and put more effort into, i started to despise it. it became work. i was spending my own money to take classes and i wasn’t even enjoying it anymore.

i like writing, and literature, but i don’t think i could be a english/lit teacher because i’m autistic and I’m super not good with leadership. i enjoyed my psychology class last semester, enjoyed learning about the human mind, but again, i can’t see myself being a psychiatrist or a music therapist or really using that degree for anything.

"What I wouldn't give to return to those halcyon days."

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
been going on 30 minute walks the last couple days. idk if it's just a placebo effect but i feel a lot calmer. keep forgetting how crucial exercise is to my mental health, i think i might break out the wii fit plus again :D

"What I wouldn't give to return to those halcyon days."

deep dish peat moss

barclayed posted:

been going on 30 minute walks the last couple days. idk if it's just a placebo effect but i feel a lot calmer. keep forgetting how crucial exercise is to my mental health, i think i might break out the wii fit plus again :D

:yeah: I can't wait until the weather is tolerable enough for me to get back into this. I think it's a combination of the exercise and just getting yourself out of your physical location and moving through new ones. Being in a different place than normal helps change your perspective on all kinds of things.

baka of lathspell

barclayed posted:

my theory is that walking around being good for you is far from mere placebo. gj orb u love to read it

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

baka fwocka fwame posted:

my theory is that walking around being good for you is far from mere placebo. gj orb u love to read it

sometimes as a thought experiment i imagine what a good zoo enclosure and activity regiment for a human would be, attempting to recreate an ideal environment. we for sure are walking around, sometimes running and jumping, eating lots of different things and getting sunlight, drinking water, using lotions, inventing unguents and sauces. temperatures and environs that shift in some way, seasonally, that results in a behavioural change. social groups with room for solitude. lots of dogs. a big statue, somewhere.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

deep dish peat moss

I drew this 2day

I haven't been able to escape distractions all day, I really struggle with noise sometimes and am incapable of tuning it out, when there's a lot of noise I can't function and just stare off into space and get anxious. Today there has been constant unavoidable noise - sirens, neighbors, dogs. And every time it gets quiet for a minute both of my cats suddenly appear doing their adorable but shrill and painful little "give me attention" cries and I have not had a contiguous five minutes to focus on anything all day :qq:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 6, 2023

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

barclayed posted:

A short walk helps my back a lot. I really should be doing it more if just to get my joints and bones stretched.

Plus it really does just feel nice to feel the sun and wind on your face if even for a few minutes.

Bodyholes

Sent out 30 applications over the past week. No interviews. Some calls that led to nothing.

Starting next week I get to be unemployed and single for the 6th time in my life. Fun...

baka of lathspell

Bodyholes posted:

Sent out 30 applications over the past week. No interviews. Some calls that led to nothing.

Starting next week I get to be unemployed and single for the 6th time in my life. Fun...

im sorry orber :(

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Just had a breakdown and cried hard over a lot of poo poo. I was thinking I was getting past these thoughts, what with the therapy and meds and such. Now I'm wondering if I'm just really good at fooling myself.

Kacie came over to me as I was crying and pecked the tears off my cheeks and was just so sweet to me that I lost it again. She was so concerned for me 😭 she's the greatest part of my life.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

baka of lathspell

Viginti Septem posted:

Just had a breakdown and cried hard over a lot of poo poo. I was thinking I was getting past these thoughts, what with the therapy and meds and such. Now I'm wondering if I'm just really good at fooling myself.

Kacie came over to me as I was crying and pecked the tears off my cheeks and was just so sweet to me that I lost it again. She was so concerned for me 😭 she's the greatest part of my life.

i know what its like to lose ur poo poo over poo poo that happened that feels forever you & you cant really do anything about it

a pet is a good 1st responder on the scene moments like these

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Stoner Sloth

Viginti Septem posted:

:sympathy: part of processing things is to feel your way through them, crying isn't an unhealthy reaction. am glad Kacie is there for you, she is an angel

to add to that - therapy brings up stuff and dealing with it means ups and downs, imo talk to therapist about what you're going through. wishing you and Kacie the best my friend

Manifisto

Viginti Septem posted:

yeah I think you process stuff the way you process it and it's not going to be the same as anyone else and it may seem to have setbacks and big advancements. grief is the same way (they say), for all of the talk of the "stages of grief" not everybody feels every stage and they don't go in any set order.

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

in my experiance, rough times involve taking in a lot of pain, and not processing it because it isn't safe yet. you're still in survival mode and maybe you haven't eaten in a few days or whatever.

anyways things start to get better, and you'll be watching a movie or listening to a song and something will pop up that is a key to pain, and it works itself out.

again, in my very individual and specific diamond cut fractal self same as everyone's experience when i'm weeping at a gum commercial it means i'm getting better, as hosed as that it is.

baka of lathspell

Heather Papps posted:

in my experiance, rough times involve taking in a lot of pain, and not processing it because it isn't safe yet. you're still in survival mode and maybe you haven't eaten in a few days or whatever.

anyways things start to get better, and you'll be watching a movie or listening to a song and something will pop up that is a key to pain, and it works itself out.

again, in my very individual and specific diamond cut fractal self same as everyone's experience when i'm weeping at a gum commercial it means i'm getting better, as hosed as that it is.

crying rulz honestly. unpopular opinion maybe but way better than having poo poo in there jamming everything up

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

crying rulz honestly. unpopular opinion maybe but way better than having poo poo in there jamming everything up

i one hundred percent agree. here is something i half believe in:
https://osteopathyforall.co.uk/toolkits/mindbody-toolkit/trauma-release-exercises/

we are animals but act like we are not. we are supposed to hoot and holler and scamper and freak out over a waterfall but we've created a world where the most basic parts of our animal nature are ignored to the point that if we lived in zoo exhibits, exactly the same as cities, we'd be like "hold on that's animal abuse"

Quadramind

If we're animals, I'm Shakespeare from Meerkat Manor who gets mad sick and crawls into a hole to sleep it off.

Quadramind

But only if meerkats can smoke kief and drink coffee!

baka of lathspell

Quadramind posted:

But only if meerkats can smoke kief and drink coffee!

*checks rules* nothing in the rules says

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

hi im an emotional wreck & cant stop doing stupid things, over

e: ya idk

baka of lathspell fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 18, 2023

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Stoner Sloth

hi im an emotional wreck & cant stop doing stupid things, over

e: ya idk

:sympathy: pls be kind to my friend bff

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Somethin ain't right, I can feel it out there

Bodyholes

you're not sad alone

we're all sad together :glomp:

baka of lathspell

Viginti Septem posted:

Somethin ain't right, I can feel it out there

i really don't know orb. i lost my poo poo this week. i was terrible on and offline. i really stared into that abyss too. i think it was trying to cut way down on nicotine which i did anyway so it wouldnt go to waste

i apologize if this week i bothered anyone. im sort of picking the pieces up rn since its left me in fun situations like not really wanting to go to class or do anything

thank u all for the support

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

i really don't know orb. i lost my poo poo this week. i was terrible on and offline. i really stared into that abyss too. i think it was trying to cut way down on nicotine which i did anyway so it wouldnt go to waste

i apologize if this week i bothered anyone. im sort of picking the pieces up rn since its left me in fun situations like not really wanting to go to class or do anything

thank u all for the support

It isn't just you, orb. It's hitting a lot of us. Something fierce is happening right now and those who are sensitive to those energies are getting schlapped hard. I too had a rough week. Breaking down inside a Walmart ain't something I normally would imagine me doing lol.

baka of lathspell

Viginti Septem posted:

It isn't just you, orb. It's hitting a lot of us. Something fierce is happening right now and those who are sensitive to those energies are getting schlapped hard. I too had a rough week. Breaking down inside a Walmart ain't something I normally would imagine me doing lol.

geez. it must be one of those seasons astrologists complain about

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

deep dish peat moss

I'm without my meds again because the new kind that my doctor switched me to (to avoid the original kind being out of stock constantly) has been out of stock for 2 straight weeks and I'm currently 18 minutes deep in waiting on hold to talk to my doctor's office about switching back to the old medication, which is in stock .
I can't even explain how much I hate going through this every single month

Stoner Sloth

I'm without my meds again because the new kind that my doctor switched me to (to avoid the original kind being out of stock constantly) has been out of stock for 2 straight weeks and I'm currently 18 minutes deep in waiting on hold to talk to my doctor's office about switching back to the old medication, which is in stock .
I can't even explain how much I hate going through this every single month

:sympathy: i am sorry you're going through that ddpm, i hope a solution can be found soon to stop you having to put up with this crap

deep dish peat moss

It's just getting so frustrating, I can't hold a job because I spend one week a month unable to work for reasons outside of my control but that don't qualify for any job protections because lmao it's prescription drug withdrawal. So now I'm falling behind on bills and everything is spiraling out of control :smith:

I spent 40 minutes on hold to talk to my doctor's office. After 40 mins I got through and the receptionist said the doctor was with another patient and would need to call me back. I set down the phone, walked to the kitchen and got a drink, and when I got back I realized they had called and I missed the call. So now there's another 40+ minute hold ahead of me to call and say sorry for missing that call, can you call again?

I just want to never have to deal with this again so this might be the time where I just cancel my future doctors appointments and learn to live without meds

deep dish peat moss

My morning so far has been:

Wake up, call pharmacy, wait on hold for 20 mins to find out if they can fill my prescription today. They say they can't but they can fill my old prescription if my doctor sends it in.

Call my doctor's office and wait on hold for 40 mins to leave a message with my doctor's medical assistant. I miss their call back that came less than a minute after I left a message with the receptionist.

Call my pharmacy and wait on hold for 15 minutes to see if they got a new prescription. They did! Except it was just the one that they can't fill sent in again, they sent the wrong one.

Call my doctor's office and wait on hold for 10 minutes (currently) to ask them to send in the right prescription :kiddo:

Stoner Sloth

yeah that sounds frustrating as hell. hmmm have you looked into the possibility of talking to a patient advocacy group that might be able to help you deal with the red tape/bullshit/etc to stop this from happening regularly?

just if the meds are helping wehn they're available it really sucks that you're having to look at going off them due to this crap

baka of lathspell

yee esp since its been happening a lot

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

deep dish peat moss

There's nothing that can be done, there's a national shortage of amphetamine medications and has been for about 8 months due to staffing issues in the packaging plant, the way amphetamines are scheduled means that the manufacturers are not able to produce extra to make up for a backlog, and combined with a huge surge in prescriptions since the start of the pandemic they can't keep up with demand. But they legally can't manufacture more without rescheduling amphetamines (which won't happen) or getting whatever authorization they need to start manufacturing more which isn't as simple as it sounds. The super long wait times and stuff are things I've experienced with literally everything healthcare-related since the start of the pandemic, and also because of the way amphetamines are scheduled I can't really have anyone talk to the prescriber/pharmacy on my behalf

So realistically there is no end in sight :(

I'm going to try switching to Costco as my pharmacy though, they might have better luck keeping meds in stock

Stoner Sloth

There's nothing that can be done, there's a national shortage of amphetamine medications and has been for about 8 months due to staffing issues in the packaging plant, the way amphetamines are scheduled means that the manufacturers are not able to produce extra to make up for a backlog, and combined with a huge surge in prescriptions since the start of the pandemic they can't keep up with demand. But they legally can't manufacture more without rescheduling amphetamines (which won't happen) or getting whatever authorization they need to start manufacturing more which isn't as simple as it sounds. The super long wait times and stuff are things I've experienced with literally everything healthcare-related since the start of the pandemic, and also because of the way amphetamines are scheduled I can't really have anyone talk to the prescriber/pharmacy on my behalf

ah dang that sucks and i feel for you friend.

Manifisto

I'm going to try switching to Costco as my pharmacy though, they might have better luck keeping meds in stock

that's maddeningly frustrating. sorry, pal :sympathy:

ty nesamdoom!

deep dish peat moss

I've been awake for 6 hours and have been on the phone the entire time :(

The current status is my doctor keeps writing prescriptions for 20mg doses, which the Pharmacy tells me they can't fill because they have no 20mg in stock but they do have 15mg in stock, then I call my doctor and he calls my pharmacy and they tell him they do have 20mg in stock, so he writes it for 20mg again. Then I have to wait an hour for the pharmacy to process it and tell me they don't have 20mg. This has happened 3 times so far today and every single time there's a 10+ minute wait to call the pharmacy and a 30+ minute wait to call the doctor's office (which is now closed for the evening!)

Quadramind

gently caress that dd, what a poo poo show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

Quadramind posted:

gently caress that dd, what a poo poo show

p much lol

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)