Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

One of the big Yankee agendas the last few years has been trying to break up the righty heavy core. It’s worked pretty will so far this season.

It's only worked out with Rizzo. They don't have any other good lefty hitters on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Yo, gently caress the Angels. Jesus Christ. https://twitter.com/JoShowAdell/status/1541158288363900928

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This was pretty good for a baseball brawl.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow, you usually don't see punches actually thrown in those scrums

Also lol why bother pinch hitting with Yordan if you're going to put Castro after him with two outs, no one is going to pitch to him

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Why are the Mariners being babies

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wow, like a legit brawl. Do the Angels and Mariners have beef? Never knew that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not sure I've ever seen a player go after a manager before

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Intruder posted:

Not sure I've ever seen a player go after a manager before

phil nevin deserved it, 100%, no doubt

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

for hitting Winker in the rear end? lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They threw up and in on Trout last night and the Angels threw up on JRod today.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Johnny Bravo posted:

for hitting Winker in the rear end? lol

The Angels started a reliever explicitly to throw at Julio's head. More than that.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
^lol ok pal

That's an all time over reaction by the Mariners for a buttcheck ball lol

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

Wow, like a legit brawl. Do the Angels and Mariners have beef? Never knew that.

Trout had two fastballs thrown near his head last night at the end of the game, 2nd one put him on his rear end

First pitch to Julio today was a very obvious retaliatory pitch and then the Winker HBP after warnings were issued

there's not really any beef but the Angels are obviously going to stand up for Trout, as dumb as it may be

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
You can protect your guys by not throwing at our guys, thank you very much.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

^lol ok pal

That's an all time over reaction by the Mariners for a buttcheck ball lol

it's a reaction to the butt ball and to this:

https://twitter.com/DKramer_/status/1541152690498990080

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Donaldson well under 700OPS now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A walk off would be a funny way for this weekend to end.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Pungry posted:

You can protect your guys by not throwing at our guys, thank you very much.

i dont disagree but the one that hit, hit him in the rear end!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Good thing they are paying Donaldson another $25M next year

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Winker wasn't even reacting much to the pitch. It was whatever the Angel in the dugout said that really incited the fight.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Pungry posted:

Winker wasn't even reacting much to the pitch. It was whatever the Angel in the dugout said that really incited the fight.

Yeah thats true, the replay showed Rendon getting into it with him, cast and all

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Come on hicks hit a loving sac fly.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

loving Castro

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

All poo poo talking aside, it's been a pretty well played series. Wish October was here

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jesus Christ

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well gently caress.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hicks is such loving dogshit and because he hit that homer in Thursday he's going to probably play every day for the rest of the season.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Oh no....

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Oh wow

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/TrentRushSports/status/1541161842134831104

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cool defensive implosion.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'm ignoring the question of what Julio and Crawford did to deserve being tossed to focus on just how absolutely dire the Mariners lineup is without Haniger, Lewis, France, Crawford, Julio, and Winker. We're playing Drew Ellis in 2022.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This has been a real fart of a finish.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Can someone catch me up on what happened in the Mariners/Angels game today?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Some Numbers posted:

Can someone catch me up on what happened in the Mariners/Angels game today?

Rendon went lefty again

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
When they stock the dugout with ranch flavored sunflower seeds.

https://twitter.com/AngelsMiLB/status/1541160005293834240

EFB

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lmao what is that? Peanuts?

Sunflower seeds it looks like

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yankees are shutting down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am looking forward to Jomboy explaining to me tomorrow what the gently caress is going on with the Angels game