Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Serious answer, Mango + Anything savoury.

Mangoes are great on their own but I've seen several recipes where I don't think the author is familiar with what a mango is. I remember years ago my mom found a recipe in the newspaper for a mango and red onion salsa. I tried to tell her that it sounded disgusting but she didn't listen. Her first mistake was she had never shopped for mangoes before and didn't know how to pick out a good one. The one she got was over-ripe and starting to go all thready.

Her second mistake was thinking she could split it open down the middle and easily pull the stone out like an apricot. She tried it and the mango just turned to mush. She kept going with the recipe anyway and added it to sliced red onion, chillies and cilantro. It was awful.

The unfortunate thing is that this has put her off mangoes for life - she really doesn't know what she is missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Bleach and ammonia

nonsense, i plan on marketing this as Freedom Juice down in the good ol Murican South

E: hell, half my target demo was already chugging bleach to stay safe during the pandemic so my costs might be a lot cheaper than anticipated

Valko posted:

do most people find you disagreeable

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Valko posted:

Mangoes are great on their own but I've seen several recipes where I don't think the author is familiar with what a mango is. I remember years ago my mom found a recipe in the newspaper for a mango and red onion salsa. I tried to tell her that it sounded disgusting but she didn't listen. Her first mistake was she had never shopped for mangoes before and didn't know how to pick out a good one. The one she got was over-ripe and starting to go all thready.

Her second mistake was thinking she could split it open down the middle and easily pull the stone out like an apricot. She tried it and the mango just turned to mush. She kept going with the recipe anyway and added it to sliced red onion, chillies and cilantro. It was awful.

The unfortunate thing is that this has put her off mangoes for life - she really doesn't know what she is missing.

Mango chicken is good.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Kiwi-strawberry anything. It all tastes sour and grossly artificial to me.

Also, pineapple-coconut. Before you say anything, I loving love pineapple-coconut; piña colada is life, but sometimes I just want coconut by itself, and most if not all companies think you can’t have coconut by itself without pineapple for a paired tropical taste. I just want coconut sometimes :(

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
One time when i was at key west there were these alcoholic slushies for sale with a ton of possible flavor combinations. I got chocolate and piña colada. I was thinking chocolate and coconut but somehow forgot about the pineapple and... well i still drank it because alcohol but it was a dumb move on my part.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Pumpkin spice + chanel 5

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
gin+tonic

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
This past weekend, my friends and I mixed micronized kava into blueberry-lemonade sparkling water.

It was

The absolute

Worst possible thing a person could consume barring things that are not "edible" (e.g. poop, poison, etc.)

I sort of recommend trying it, just so you can experience the upper limit of gustatory discomfort.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i eat entire clams that have plenty of poop in them

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yeah, it sort of tastes like aspirin.

Growing up in a bar and liqour store, it's not the strangest combination I've seen. Two guys came in one night and started mixing port wine with blue WKD in pint glasses. They said it gave it a blackcurrant like flavour. Then there was something called 'pink vomit'. It was red After Shock mixed 1:1 with Baileys Irish Cream in a shot glass. It got it's name because the baileys curdled and went lumpy.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Valko posted:

port wine with blue WKD

This is a Cheeky Vimto

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheeky_Vimto

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

rear end and feet. Eating either separately is just peachy but together is horrid.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Citric acid and tobacco

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I used to collect cans for recycling and if the aroma of trash cans is any indication of flavour then cigarettes + wine would have to be the winner.
I don't smoke though so I can't taste test.

E:kinda beaten,

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
mac & cheese

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

blood and oreos

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Probably anything BRITISH PEOPLE eat!! Their food is real bad amiright??? XD

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nooner, this, is a serious thread

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I swear Nooner has the worst taste.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Michelob ultra + clamato

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I once had a table of alcoholics all refusing to finish a beer this brewery put together that they’d flavored with lavender and orange peel. It tasted unmistakably like drinking a cleaning product.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Imagine how fresh your mouth feels after!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Worf posted:

Michelob ultra + clamato

Try it vith a V8 low sodium instead for a healthy treat!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

How do you know what piss and poo poo taste like together/

I may be the picture of boring today but my college sexual experiences were WILD

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lt. Cock posted:

I once had a table of alcoholics all refusing to finish a beer this brewery put together that they’d flavored with lavender and orange peel. It tasted unmistakably like drinking a cleaning product.

lol why would you drink that swill when you got better poo poo in the car / your pocket

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

strawberries dipped in RANCH

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Lt. Cock posted:

i had a similar experience except it was rose hips and cocoa nibs lol :barf:

poo poo tasted like potpourri

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Mistle posted:

citrus + mint

It's the "orange juice and toothpaste" flavor

Counterpoint: Mojitos. You're wrong.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Ice + water

The temperature doesn't really phase me much

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Worf posted:

Ice + water

The temperature doesn't really phase me much

That's just one thing

Man + jar

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I really like low sodium v8. ama

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Alucard posted:

That's just one thing

Man + jar

Dear let's go shopping and get you some graphite earrings

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Hot puke + napalm

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah but what if the ice cubes are made with sink water and not fridge water :barf::barf::barf:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nooner posted:

Yeah but what if the ice cubes are made with sink water and not fridge water :barf::barf::barf:

Grandma's ice cubes that taste like yesteryear's leftovers

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Not a fan when there are flavor duos and lychee is part of the combo. Pineapple lychee? Lychee coconut? These other fruits are fine on their own, why ruin them by adding such a clearly inferior flavor

numberoneposter posted:

strawberries dipped in RANCH

Fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate is not something I've ever enjoyed.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

Not a fan when there are flavor duos and lychee is part of the combo. Pineapple lychee? Lychee coconut? These other fruits are fine on their own, why ruin them by adding such a clearly inferior flavor

Fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate is not something I've ever enjoyed.

Ah, so you hate good things

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Why put chocolate on the strawberries? Have some strawberries, then some chocolate. The tartness of berries does not work at all with chocolate. Cherries and chocolate are good- because cherries aren't berries.

I'd rather have durian than lychee if we're going with such an obviously non-western flavor tbh :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

cheese dipped in chocolate fondue

or

chocolate dipped in cheese fondue???