Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we post a poll every year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Team Name: Washington Washingtons

1. Propose we remove defenses (No)
2. Propose we remove kickers (No)
3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (IDP)
4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (No)
5. Propose we add punters (Yes)

Victory Cry (optional): You must defeat sheng long to stand a chance!

And some random commentary

1: I kinda sorta get why people want to remove defenses in more standard leagues (and still don't agree with it) but come on, this league is maximum chaos. Why are you even here if not for your D/ST to outscore the rest of your starting lineup?
2: Pretty much the same as above but with the added caveats that kickers are a hell of a lot more consistent than D/STs. And for that matter, most will put up more points in a season than the average TE will. Even in half ppr. gently caress tight ends.
3: I'd like to keep both obviously but if we did get rid of either I vote bringing in IDPs for maximum chaos.
4: ESPN standard defense scoring is pretty weak and un-fun.
5: Hell yes max chaos.

No chance of putting it to a vote to get rid of the TE slot and make tight ends just a flex position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

For simplicity's sake and unless everyone disagrees, it would just be easier to keep the proposals from last season (especially since other people have already voted) and add this to next year's proposals if you want.

Fair.

I want to also add, I'm against a 3rd flex because rosters are already so thin. That's not fun, that's, just putting in another position that's gonna get 1.6 points and is likely to have less impact than either of the positions that would have been removed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I got curious and did the numbers on the voting so far. Questions 1 and 2 have 16 votes in. Questions 3 4 and 5 only have 15. Pain of Mind didn't care about either 3rd flex or IDP so I didn't include their vote for that question. Forums user Commish didn't vote on either question 4 or 5!

1. Propose we remove defenses (Yes/No)

6 Yes
10 No

2. Propose we remove kickers (Yes/No)

2 Yes
14 No

3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (3rd flex/IDP/None)

9 3rd Flex
2 idp
4 None

4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (Yes/No)

5 Yes
10 No

5. Propose we add punters (Yes/No)

7 Yes
8 No

If you have ever loved punting, now is the time to vote for punters!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

pmchem posted:

thanks, sent!

on to the requested template...

Team Name: Chem's Cylons

1. Propose we remove defenses (No)
2. Propose we remove kickers (No)
3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (3rd flex/IDP) (both)
4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (Yes)
5. Propose we add punters (Yes)

I see that punters are a close vote. I run a different ESPN league with punters using the below settings, it's hilarious fun:

Mostly boring, say 6-10 points a week. But every now and then someone dumps a bunch of punts inside the ten for a 15 point game. Or a returner houses one and the punter gets negative points. It keeps things lively. Plus you learn more about special teams units. Highly recommend.

That looks good to me.

Is the draft time/date on ESPN right?

Randomly looked at my team last year and I can't believe I managed a 3rd place finish. The only starting caliber RB I had was Chris Carson and he predictably got injured, and then it was all handcuffs after that.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 4, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

I remember my year as "the year of the injured cardinals that I picked first and second". Thanks Kyler and DHOP.

Well, the good news is that you can get DHop much later this year!

I am itchy with excitement for this draft.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I think it makes sense to go with PmChem's suggestion. Use that as a blueprint and tinker next year if need be.

I'm thrilled the punters change passed and if it sucks we can always scrap it in the future. But I think it's gonna be fun.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Huh, I'm right before EconDad.

Be a shame if I picked his guys right before he did!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm absolutely never prepared for how quickly QBs get taken. And then it's like mid-2nd/early 3rd and whoops, guess I get Matt Ryan again!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Glad for the reminder that I drafted Julio Jones with Cooper Kupp still on the board last season

I traded Kupp for Hockenson, Renfrow and a late pick in dynasty around week 4 last year because I thought there was no way he'd keep that up all season and I was 2-2 after three middle-of-the-pack seasons and thought I should just blow up my team. :shepface:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Random fun fact: QBs taken in the first 2 rounds in the last 3 seasons.

2019: 3
2020: 7
2021: 9

Will this trend continue? Experts say :shrug:

Lol, the three QBs taken in 2019 were Pat Mahomes, Deshaun Watson and Baker Mayfield. Gonna say those might not be the first three off the board this year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

You can still see years before 2019 if you change the URL. If anything QB picks have been on a somewhat downward trend, unless QBs were just worse from 2018-2020.
2018: 5
2017: 10
2016: 9
2015: 8
2014: 12
2013: 9
2012: 13
2011: 9
2010: 10
2009: 10

That's interesting. I wasn't in the league before 2019 and just assumed it didn't want to show me anything prior to that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Econdad check your emails I have a blockbuster trade for you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Watch out, Quiet Feet wants your 14th round pick.

Hey watch out, if he doesn't take me up on this I'm pitching it to you next!

Besides you thought I was crazy when I got all the 5th rounders in dynasty, but wait until that happens here! :twisted:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I cant wait to screw up my first 20 team draft horribly.

You won't even know how bad you've messed up until like week fifteen. I don't think I've had a year yet where half my draft wasn't eventually dropped.

I wanna say it was last year where we had someone autodraft and they took no QBs at all. They somehow emerged 3-0 after the first three weeks, finally managed to trade for a quarterback... and lost every game for the rest of the season.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Trading is good and fun. I don't see any reason to have vetoes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Got an email and it lists like every pick being traded. Is it just us swapping spots everywhere?

Yup! Complete draft swap.

Edit: fwiw, all the mocks I've been doing put a slew of players I want in reach of me around the 1st/2nd round turn. This shortens the window for me while I think still leaving plenty of the players I'm looking at still available.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 28, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

I played around with some mocks but they are so far removed from how the actual draft goes that I feel like they are actively detrimental. None of my leagues are actually mock draftable between 20 teams, 16 teams, keeper leagues, IDP etc.

Yeah, I mostly do them for fun but I've found Sleeper's mocks are close enough if you squint. They at least seem to be accurate as to where people actually begin to take kickers and D/STs. Previously I used to just use Fantasypros but they seem t think that nobody will even look at those positions until the last few rounds.

I've been farting around with Sleeper and checking out what happens if I randomly assign a number of QBS to teams in every round, going roughly by what the averages have been in the past and rolling a 20-sided die, before actually starting the draft. It's a stupid amount of effort and the draft will probably go sideways by the 5th pick but I like the mental exercise.

Edit: would also like to stress that "no," "nah" or "eeeeeh, no thanks, I'm good" are all totally acceptable answers to the trade I am proposing. :)

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 28, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

I’m not even sure what to make of it. I suppose I like two picks being closer together, as I have it… so I declined.

Can’t wait for you to take my guy at 17. Making me a sad dad immediately.

:hfive: same here actually. If nothing else it leaves you with more time to use the bathroom or grab a beer between rounds.

Though I just pitched the same thing to SB so you may be safe!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

We've just used the draft chat the last few years.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Every year I have a song that represents my team. This year it was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnWsAUSgsJo

Gotta say, having a song titled "Order of Death" for the draft, and the primary lyrics being "this is what you want, this is what you get" really sums this poo poo up pretty well.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My only regret is taking Sutton st the 3/4 turn instead of picking up Dillon or Hunt. Suspect there'd have still been a good WR available with the later of the two picks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Masturbatory deep dive on my own team

QB: I'd hoped to nab both Lawrence and Fields with the expectation that one of them (or maybe both!) is going to have a breakout season. So, accomplished half of that. Goff is going to be fine as a bye-week fill-in against a blah Giants team.

RB: Sigh, so close to Double AJs. Instead have to settle for half of Will/Gor. I think people are underestimating the amount of work Gordon is going to get though. D'Ernest is the final asterisk on CHUNT* though, so take that Econdad! Anyway, Jones should see an uptick in targets with Davante out and no good receiving options on the Packers. Eno should end up in the Chase Edmonds role and see enough receiving work to make him a flex play.

WR: Love this squad. Deebo was like WR2 on the season last year before they started using him in the running game. And that with a trash QB. Sutton sounds like he's the favorite for Wilson. Godwin's numbers were almost dead even with Mike Evans last year before his injury. KJ Osborn will be decent, unless Thielen gets injured again and then he'll be great.

TE: Tight end is a trash position that sucks. Bobby Tons, whenever he's finally healthy, should be a good RZ target and there are plenty of targets vacated by Davante's departure to Vegas.

K: Justin Tucker Motherfucker. I plugged my draft into one of those team raters and it had the audacity to call him an average kicker.

D/ST: Tons of sacks and pressure by this unit last year. I think they'll be at least good again with potential for more.

P: Former Eagle Cameron Johnston was on too good a team to really let his talents shine. Now he's on a team that sucks. Good for him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I think Javonte and Gordon are both going to do great because Hackett is going to bring in an offense that runs a lot in an RB-friendly scheme. Javonte looked amazing last year and was underutilized and I dont think the new coaching staff will make that mistake.

I wont do as deep a dive but my team is predicated on Javonte not getting hurt and Stafford's elbow not falling off, otherwise I'm completely boned. Though I guess thats probably how it mainly works in a 20 team league... blind luck.

Yeah that Broncos offense should be really good this year. Glad to have a couple of pieces of it.

Man, imagine winning a championship because of blind luck. Like you barely back into the playoffs and then in the championship game, you just randomly have a player that drops a top-2 all-time game on your unsuspecting opponent. And on Christmas of all days. *tugs collar*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

commish posted:

Currently vacationing in Portugal so missing the draft. And …I have no QB. Lol.

pmchem posted:

He'd at least like a shot of claiming Geno Smith on waivers

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bruh, I was born extremely worried. :c00lbutt:

Edit: on that note I wish the Packers would just tell me Tonyan is or isn't playing so I can pick up a crappy WW TE!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 8, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Well, Lawrence is not as good as I'd hoped but not as bad as I feared so :shrug:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My defense and punter were the two top scorers on my team this week. I'm sure that's not a red flag.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Lost by 0.1 after scoring corrections :thumbsup: .

Stat corrections got me too. :smith::respek::smith:

I hate narrow losses because now I can look at every single tiny thing that could have happened to take the win.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I really appreciate that people were willing to give it a try and if the result at the end of the year is nobody liked having punters I'm also fine with removing them for 2023.

I'm kinda looking at this week as, I lost from the stat corrections but if I'd had the exact same roster, minus a punter, I would have lost anyway so *shrug*. Also still have the highest scorer at the position so :buddy:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Due to the sudden influx of last minute injuries, my starting WR this week is Greg Dortch.

Who the hell is Greg Dortch?

New rule: Greg Dortch must be traded to a new team every week.

New League Name: Pass the Dortch.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I can't believe I have to choose between Lawrence and Goff going forward and its actually a hard choice.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Honestly I feel like 7 claims for Jimmy G this week is on the lower side of what I'd expect

I didn't bother because Econdad was right in front of me and I knew he'd put in a claim despite having 3 QBs already

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I can't blame anyone for wanting to roster a startable player though I don't think it's gonna work out.

Like I've seen the "roster multiple QB for trade" strategy a bunch of times and the tram inevitably ends up dropping one or more of them for startable players once byes roll around.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Fierce punter battle between me and Taco Tuesday this week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

My punter outscored Kyler Murray. WTF.

Wow, you have a really good punter then!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Dear God I just need 5 points total from Sutton, Deebo and Jeff Wilson right now and it doesn't even feel like a given.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Jared Goff.

Jared Go Off

Edit: looking at me and ArchimedeeZ and thinking this has gotta be the highest scoring game this week and then I scrolled to Electric Blue and Placeholder Name. :stare:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 2, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

heh

Looks like I'm starting Davis Mills next week!

Yeah that caught me by surprise too. Like it seems like the 9ers always have the Rams numbers but I thought Stafford would be able to do better than whatever that was. Not complaining though! :toot:

darkwolf220 posted:

Looking to swap Tyler Lockett for a similarly producing RB or decent TE (7ish.wk). Lockett has been between 10 and 15 points for 3 of 4 weeks. Would be nice to have more than 1 RB on roster.

I would also like a TE but I think I can only spare uuuuhhh, I guess Melvin Gordon?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Whoever's got the Broncos and Colts punters, I haven't checked the scores but congrats I assume?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

I see the Skeletons of Skellingtown have returned. It’s always so good to see them… spooking and such.

Tis the season!

Silly Burrito posted:

Whereas the Shits of Shittytown are firmly all on my roster and I am the lovely mayor.

My opponents’ kicker has already outscored Russell Wilson. :sigh:

Who do I have to give you for Mark Andrews?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Do I hit submit……

I mean I figured maybe you needed an RB but maybe you just can't get Eno(ugh) Benjamin. :hehe: