Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Two days ago I was driving to work and noticed a soft bwapbwapbwap sound. I look over and see that someone had placed a dollar bill under my passenger side wiper. I stop, think "well that's weird" and go on about my day. Today I go out to toss some trash and there's another one. My car is in an open air carport. A brief search of the area turns up nothing.

I can't figure out the scam. Some googling reveals that police think it might be "start car -> notice a dollar -> exit car -> get carjacked" but that makes no sense as 1. my car is a piece of poo poo, 2. there's nobody around to car jack me, 3. it already didn't work. The money doesn't appear to be fake. Maybe its a way to check if someone is actively coming and going from the house? Is it a tip?

What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's to see if the car is abandoned, op.

not sure why someone else wouldn't just take the note but i dunno, i'm not a car thief. check out this clouded leopard

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
Is your car a stripper op?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Why don't you replace the dollar bill with a 2 dollar bill and see what happens?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Next time exchange the dollar for four quarters, OP, someone needs change

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

a dingus posted:

Why don't you replace the dollar bill with a 2 dollar bill and see what happens?

Then I'd be the one tipping. Maybe I'll leave a chick tract or something.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Next time exchange the dollar for four quarters, OP, someone needs change

Gonna leave $.50. Inflation is a bitch for people laying in wait to rob my poo poo.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Next time it happens, replace the dollar with a copy of Limp Bizkit's "Three Dollar Bill, Y'all" CD and a thank you note.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
A witch you drew the ire of accidentally hosed up her hex on you that was supposed to remove a dollar a day.

Just let this one ride, and if a cackling hag taunts you about "feeling a little poorer today?" just act sad and keep getting that sweet magic money.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Just because you found it "in the street" even if it is on your windshield, it doesn't mean it is yours and it is stealing to take it.

Some weird psycho has filmed you "steal" their money however many times now.

Who knows what they intend to do with that.

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 25, 2022

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Did you happen to grow up on the crime side, the New York time side, OP?

Maybe someone is sending you a message.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Everything strange that happens nowadays is usually just viral marketing for a movie. They probably saw you and thought you looked like a redditor but you posted it on a dead gay forum with zero exposure instead so they probably gonna do it one or two times again and then cut their losses when they still can't find a thread on reddit after that

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Just because you found it "in the street" even if it is on your windshield, it doesn't mean it is yours and it is stealing to take it.

Some weird psycho has filmed you "steal" his money however amount of times now.

After 998 more instances they can charge OP with felony theft.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
It means you've been marked for death.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Schweinhund posted:

It means you've been marked for death.

it's 4, not "for"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

it's 4, not "for"

the op made it pretty clear that it's just "1"s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Have you been losing teeth?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Your car is stripping on the side when you're not around

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Or maybe they've been taking your valve stem caps and are just compensating you.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

so that's where those two dollars went! please give them back to me

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you'll find out.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Two days ago I was driving to work and noticed a soft bwapbwapbwap sound. I look over and see that someone had placed a dollar bill under my passenger side wiper. I stop, think "well that's weird" and go on about my day. Today I go out to toss some trash and there's another one. My car is in an open air carport. A brief search of the area turns up nothing.

I can't figure out the scam. Some googling reveals that police think it might be "start car -> notice a dollar -> exit car -> get carjacked" but that makes no sense as 1. my car is a piece of poo poo, 2. there's nobody around to car jack me, 3. it already didn't work. The money doesn't appear to be fake. Maybe its a way to check if someone is actively coming and going from the house? Is it a tip?

What the gently caress?

It's the curse of the Milagro Man. Hurry and give that money to someone else before it's too late.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They look at your car and think a dollar would make a big difference to your day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
those things are almost worthless these days OP

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

phobo posted:

Is your car a stripper op?

Was gonna post this.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Have you thought about posting this on next door?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The money has a molecule on it that enters your bloodstream and makes u gay, if u touched it, u already gay now

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Wait am I the only one who uses the wiper as an ersatz money clip?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Inspect the printing on the bill. Follow the clues. You're in for the adventure of a lifetime. ;)

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Update: haven't been robbed yet but whatever the scam, it got me free (to me) guac so it's impossible to say whether it's good or bad.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who loving keyed my car for just sitting there?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zeluth posted:

Who loving keyed my car for just sitting there?

Well, "there" was diagonally across two handicap spots

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Update: haven't been robbed yet but whatever the scam, it got me free (to me) guac so it's impossible to say whether it's good or bad.

The “it’s a robbery” thing is a dumb urban legend they won’t go away.

Quick research shows it’s some stupid reddit thing,

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I keep meaning to rob OP with the dollar bill method but I just can't get out of bed these days. I'm sorry OP, it's all my fault, I should be robbing you with the dollar bill technique but I'm no good at nothin

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I keep meaning to rob OP with the dollar bill method but I just can't get out of bed these days. I'm sorry OP, it's all my fault, I should be robbing you with the dollar bill technique but I'm no good at nothin

gently caress you. give me a dollar

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Someone is loving the exhaust pipe and leaving payment, but you're being severely low balled.

You need to gently caress the exhaust pipe, work out a suggested retail price, and have it visible on your rear bumper for clients.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Some weird psycho has filmed you "steal" their money however many times now.

this is hosed because i find a ton of bills on the ground in chicago. i have money vision. i can spot a quarter in the dark from 20 feet away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Congratulations on experiencing "A Street Was Chosen" in real life!